« Back to All Topics
May this never happen on FoD
Posted in 
Off-topic
Posted in 
Off-topic
Last week, a Dutch boy committed suicide because a good friend hacked his RuneScape account...

R.I.P.

and may we all learn of this, not to whine too much when we get hacked, and think of what could happen if we hack eachothers accounts.

a Screenie of his last words to his RS clan

http://www.gamersnet.nl/images/nieuws/2006/1141195383/zelfmoord.jpg
Lmao.

I would laugh at any player emotionally insecure enough to kill themselves because they dont have a life. In no way is the guy who hacked his account to blame for his death.
I agree that the local authorities and especially his school should have helped him out of his situation. Teachers should be able to see that this kid was having a tough time!

even though, i still blame any hacker 
>I would laugh at any player emotionally insecure enough to kill themselves because they dont have a life

What are you 9 years old? Grow up and stop trying to follow spammers like Owl and his attention seeking cold blooded attitude. Laughing at people who have been pushed to the verge of suicide because their lives have been tormented by school bullying and other bad things that they never even asked for is obnoxious. Stop trying to be obnoxious and shut up.

These types of children need guidance and help. When the world rejects these kids especially at such a tender age these kids may be at risk at seeing their lives crash down on them. Some people are mentally stronger than others. What the world needs is less idiots who torment the weaker members of humanity. 

You're just as bad as those who tormented him to his death. GG a$$hole.
nicely said bow and arrow. i knew someone like owl or virus was gonna reply with bad taste but ty for putting setting things straight [img=
http://forum.flyordie.com/images/emoticons/happy.gif
]
I played RuneScape before. I never met that kid Maarten online but I will give my sincere condolences to him and his family anyways.

Rest in Peace Maarten. 

awww poor kid. may he rest in peace. and bow and arrow, thnx for saying something to suit about his arrogance on this topic. 
Hang on a second, you people are ridiculing me for my opinion because some selfish kid decided to kill not only himself, but everyone who has ever loved him?

Why? 
Because someone decided to hack his runescape account!

And please, dont ever say that i am copying owl. I have been around for a  of a lot longer than that idiot. You quite clearly do not know who I am.

Suit.

point blank, someone shuldve helped this kid and his problems, and even tho it seems odd that someone hacked into his profile, but life was being real harsh on this kid. may he rest in peace and i hope his family will cope and let out the pain that this suicide has caused.:(
How can you blame anyone else but the kid for his killing 
himself
?

Why didnt the kid ask for help? You dont know who tried to help this kid. You dont know anything. 
trust me, suicide victims try to make themselves heard, but with life all bustling by, nobody stops to listen. all im saying is that kids suicide was sad. thats all!
HOW CAN YOU BE SO SELFISH AS TO THINK YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR OWN LIFE? 

HOW CAN YOU PUT ALL YOUR LOVED ONES THROUGH SHEER HÉLL JUST BECAUSE YOUR INTERNET DOES HAVE SECURITY PRE-INSTALLED? HOW CAN YOU SIT THERE IN YOUR IGNORANCE AND SAY THAT THE PERSON WHO KILLED THEMSELVES ISNT AT FAULT. FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD HE WAS BULLIED. SO WHAT? HOW CAN THAT EVER, EVER JUSTIFY WHAT HE DID.

Bloodywatergirl, from where you are how dare you blame the others around him, who for all we know were probably trying to help him.
interesting story, just shows what can happen with these things, i think its slightly extreme blaming t on getting hacked, it was most probably other things that pushed him to it,    is there any confirmation on this story too?????
yes this is true(the story that is)
>>>FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD HE WAS BULLIED. SO WHAT? HOW CAN THAT EVER, EVER JUSTIFY WHAT HE DID.

A bit naive now are you? FACT, repeated exposure to a hostile environment that results in persistent stress can very often leads to suicide. That is a statistical 
FACT
, not conjecture. Let me give you an example, in the UK an average of 16 children commit suicide each year to escape constant harassment and bullying. Researchers say in each of these cases, such bullying was never stopped nor was it dealt with by school officials. 

In fact according to the UK government, the suicide rate amongst male youths has doubled in the last decade or so. France, Japan and many other nations also have very high suicide rates due to constant bullying in schools, work environments, etc.

http://www.bullyonline.org/stress/suicide.htm

Here is yet another source that confirms that bullying plays a major role in instigating suicide amongst youths. This source is from the Globe and Mail (A source that is much much more credible than you, by the way):

http://fact.on.ca/news/news0011/gm001127.htm

Ahh and how about this next source below. It talks about the suicide of a young girl named Tempest Smith, who had taken her own life because she couldn't endure the stresses of bullying. The source below also reports that an estimated 2000 + students (19 years or younger) commit suicide each year within many parts of the U.S.

This disturbing fact was documented by the U.S. Centers For Disease Control and Prevention. From 1998 and beyond, the suicide rate continues to increase. According to health officials (yes that's right - experts, unlike you) confirm that bullying is one of the major consistent factors in driving a troubled child to commit suicide. 

In addition, another child named Jean Vasquez has been found to attempt commit suicide, although she had failed in both attempts. She says that schooly bullying by her classmates almost pushed her to the brink. In her own words she says, 
"If you're a little different, some kids can make your life an absolute h-ell."

In fact, many schools have been sued by families because they failed miserably in overseeing and stopping the bullying activities that run rampant in their classrooms and complex.

http://suicideandmentalhealthassociationinternational.org/teasetaunt.html

Below is a source from the London Free Press which addresses a case of suicide at the hands of persistent bullying. It talks about one Joshua Melo taking his own life on a Friday. His father told the schools that such bullying activities should be stopped or more children will end up killing themselves to escape the constant harassment:

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/News/2004/12/03/763183.html

Well look at this -- 
http://thedailystar.net/2003/08/03/d30803011314.htm
 (source is Daily Star) -- in August 2003, an 18-year old woman named Umme Habiba Rumi took her own life in Bangladesh because she was found to be a constant victim to bullying. This time, the perpetrators were not from the school but rather, were her neighbours and her brothers. She was deeply traumatized by their taunts and harassments that she could no longer endure it, so she took her life to escape said horror.

In addition, bullying is not just rampant in schools, but also in the workplace as well. For instance, an adult woman named Marlene Braun (she was a manager at the U.S. Federal Agency called the Bureau of Land Management) had commited suicide. 

Reports say that she took her own life because she was the constant target of ridicule and bullying that went on in her workplace. It was a case of an abusive work environment. Her tormentor was found to be her boss, Ron Huntsinger. Source -- 
http://www.bullyinginstitute.org/braun/marlenebraun.html

Still standing? Still think that you can defend your conjecture? Concede now, it would save you the embarassment of looking stupid in this thread. Here is yet another source that confirms that bullying is a serious threat to someone's life. 

This source -- 
http://www.bullyingawarenessnetwork.ca/site.php?page=news#Tragedy%20in%20Spain
 -- finds that a boy in Spain had killed himself because he was severely traumatized by a bullying incident in which he was the central target of. He was the constant target of humiliation and this played a huge role in driving him to take his own life. 

Furthermore the American Medical Association (APA) also confirms that bullying is a serious threat to mental health problems that often lead to suicide (statistical fact). Again, the American Medical Association has confirmed this fact.

Please do the research first before giving an opinion in which you cannot even backup with substantial documented evidence. It will save you the embarassment of looking stupid. If you have not researched this stuff, you should really learn to listen to someone who does. 

Hate to break it out to you Suit, but you got this one wrong. I would actually respect you more if you stopped trying to defend yourself because you clearly have no clue as to what you are posting in this thread. Also, please quit using caps, it would make your posts more appealing to read, not that your points have any trace of credibility to them anyways.

Still not convinced? Still not ready to concede your weak conjecture to undebatable FACTS? Keep reading. Below is yet another source that confirms such a disturbing fact as well. It states that suicide is 
"generally considered to be the second or third most common cause of death among adolescents, even though it is seriously underreported."

Oh by the way, those statements were made by Dr. Richard O' Connor (He is a PH.D, how about you Suit?). Professional research finds that bullying often creates a traumatic which in turn, drive people to take their own lives. 

Source: 
http://www.focusas.com/Suicide.html

[img=
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/StreamLine/71-mclaren-f11.jpg
]
Great! the gospel according to Justin macintyre.

Justin, you can quite clearly do more with your life. Are you glued to your keyboard?
Forgot to mention, to the kid Maarten , rest in peace. My condolences.

[img=
]
R.I.P and all that, but I've got to say, if having his game account hacked pushed him over the edge as it were, it's a tad pathetic. 
Indeed? Very droll.

And Justin I see that you think I dont know what I am talking about.

Let me tell you a heart warming story.

About 9 months ago now I found out an old friend who went to my secondary school for two years took half a bottles worth of paracetamol in an attempt to "end his suffering". He was in a coma-like state for over two months, I saw what it did to his family, and how close he came. I also know how much I hated him for doing what he could so incredibly percieve as doing the 'right thing'.

You all know exactly what happened to this dutch guy do you? Any of you? No, probably not. And you may not want to hear this Justin but how can percentages and "?/10 deaths are caused by" ever tell you what actually happened? Your precious mathmatical calculations mean nothing in the real world. You may want to pay it a visit, as you are quite cleary a self-rightous, pompous smart-árse.

Peace love and empathy,
Suits You Sir.
>>Forgot to mention, to the kid Maarten , rest in peace. My condolences.

Speaks for itself, does it not? You care more about proving points with paragraphs or total twat.
If your needing some support , Suit . I'm always here to help you.

Dont let justins bullying get to you. 

;)
Thanks, pushed me back from the edge man.
Thanks for the post justin. i m sick and tired of self-righteous douche bags like virus trying to respond to every post with childish remarks

>Great! the gospel according to Justin macintyre.

pffffffff You sir are complete idiot. Justin isnt posting BS like you. He's using credible sources from experts and investigators who track all the bullying cases. he isn't posting bs like you. stop whining already.
>if having his game account hacked pushed him over the edge as it were, it's a tad pathetic. 

what you think its because of a game account? It's most likely more than that. There are other factors that pushed him over the edge. If you think it's only because of that you need to read up on what leads to suicide. this was the point justin is trying make.

he used several sources to expose the causes and effects of harassment. suicide is a result of harassment. read up.
>Hang on a second, you people are ridiculing me for my opinion because some selfish kid decided to kill not only himself, but everyone who has ever loved him?

Stop the melodramatic bull$hit. you're whining about people ridiculing you but at the same time cant figure out why they ridicule you. its obvious, you're an insensitive tard. Educate yourself instead of whining about not knowing anything about the content of your own BS posts.
Quite frankly, I dont give a tóss about the biggest words you could think of to insult me. I dont know what the 12 year olds on this website perceive as morally wrong, right ar whatever. We should all have opinions. 

Mine, simply, is that suicide is one of the most selfish things a person can commit, and to hold those around him (the real victims) responsible for this persons death s wrong (e.g. "those around him should have helped him" and the like). How do we know that they didnt try? We dont. But we sure as héll cant prove it with Justins  facts, non-conjecture, averages, figures.

But yes, lets all feel sorry for the one person putting his loved ones through sheer héll. Idiots.

Your car gets stolen... you call your insurance company.

You lose your wallet... you cancel your cards and trace back your last steps.

You get mugged... you call the police.

Your girlfriend leaves... you find another one.

You have your game account hacked... you call admin.

I'm sorry, but what Virus is saying is true to a certain extent. The fact that his account was hacked was not the real reason for this apparent suicide - this kid obviously had other issues. Sure it's sad, not because some random kid died but because people are often allowed to get into unstable situations. I would imagine that someone, most likely a parent or some other figure who should have been watching out for him, has a part to play in this. I certainly wouldn't let a 14 year old immerse his life in gaming and forum spamming.
melodramatic?

Informing you all of the sad reality? Yeah right. And generalising everything I say as "BS" simply because it doesnt agree with you, seems more childish to me.
>I'm sorry, but what Virus is saying is true to a certain extent. The fact that his account was hacked was not the real reason for this apparent suicide - this kid obviously had other issues.

You mean Justin is right not Virus. Justin pointed out that bullying is a complicated contributor to suicides. Justin pointed out with sources that it was more than likely a case of trauma and bullying rather than just the game account hacking thing.

Virus is being an idiot who is trying to climb his way out of an discussion he can't win and has already lost. Deal with it.
>Informing you all of the sad reality? Yeah right. And generalising everything I say as "BS" simply because it doesnt agree with you, seems more childish to me.

oh great more moronic tendencies....you never quit do you? the one who is informing everybody here of the sad reality is Justin and his brillaint post that has sources coming from experts.

You on the otherhand are just plain sad. shut up.
1st of all as a person who knows the story I will have to speak. He had many other things going on in real life things that would push alot of ppl to the end the account being hacked was just the tipping point. In hindsight he should have asked for help in hindsight but that does no good now a  younge live has been lost can we just remember that no matter what the cause.
Virus im sick your arrogance and your denial to read up on facts thay justin posted. strange that bepe defends you when justin provided unquestionable sources that address the real culprit, bullying.

it's not the account hacking that did it. it is the bullying. 
it wasnt even bullying bow and arrow it was other personal things in his life.
Interesting. You think this is a competition?

I dont care what you think killed him. Fact: He killed himself. That is not conjecture, but fact. Debts dont kill you. Losing your girlfiend doesnt kill you. Verbal abuse doesnt kill you. You hang yourself with a rope. Fact.

And you think that by saying thinks like "err yeah bs man your an idiot" wins anything? 
Virus was initially suggesting that this kid did not kill himself "
because someone hacked his game account
". It probably would be laughable if someone was that sad - theoretically, as it does NOT happen. Virus didn't say anything wrong in his initial post, I think he has got you fighting about something different to what you think the argument is about.
How many times do I have to spell it out to you half-wits?

I dont care what you think killed him. 

>>>
I think he has got you fighting about something different to what you think the argument is about.

Read Bow and Arrow! Read it! It is 
you
 who has failed to read 
my
 posts properly. Cretin.
virus i think u are acting like a total child this kid didint take his life just over a game im sure he was harassed at school and getting made fun of just cause some kid was pushed to the limit with idiot kids like u gives you no right to call him pathetic your no better than the kids that harassed him same with u peter i would expect a adult to act his own age you have no idea what his friends and family were going through may he rest in peace

-BATALLION-
>Virus was initially suggesting that this kid did not kill himself "because someone hacked his game account". It probably would be laughable if someone was that sad - theoretically, as it does NOT happen. Virus didn't say anything wrong in his initial post, I think he has got you fighting about something different to what you think the argument is about.

Nah m8 you're being biased strangely odd actually that you would do this. Your defending an loser like virus, who laughs at a child's death because he has had a hard time in life. Read Virus post and you defend him for his insensitivity?
>Lmao.

I would laugh at any player emotionally insecure enough to kill themselves because they dont have a life

You stand up for this beppe? disgusting. 
"you have no idea what his friends and family were going through".

Exactly, and who caused all of this? The very person ho you and everybody else wants to rest in peace.
>It probably would be laughable if someone was that sad - theoretically, as it does NOT happen. 

So you admit beppe that you too would laugh at this? it says a lot about your character now. 
it isnt a funny topic and iam finding it slightly offensive i play the game and have seen him play and know the story from the start. A person died here ppl and should be given some sort of respect.
>Lmao.

That was a post as I thought the thread was some kind of a joke, I mean because he hacked his runescape account? 

Yes, that, I admit was very wrong. This situation is in no way funny.
>It probably would be laughable if someone was that sad - theoretically, as it does NOT happen. 

So you admit beppe that you too would laugh at this? it says a lot about your character now.

Re-read the post idiot. That is exactly what he isnt saying.
>Re-read the post idiot. That is exactly what he isnt saying.

No that is not what he is saying. he said it is laughable if the kid had killed himself if his account was hacked. Even if this was the case, and it is not, it is still not laughable. I lost respect for beppe's insensitivity if this were the case.

It's strangely odd that he would defend you. Any sane person would see the idiocy in your insenstive posts.
>Yes, that, I admit was very wrong. This situation is in no way funny.

yes since that was your initial post, it even makes more strange that beppe would come ine here and defend you blatant stupidity. 

Remember, I am no sane person. 

And please, holding onto precious brain power this time, that Beppe was using the term "laughable" out of context.

e.g. when you get angy at a friend and say "i'll kill you" as a throw away line, do you mean that you will actually kill them? usually no.

Justin ty for the post i knew there was probably more to it than the hacked account. 

>Remember, I am no sane person. 

that's why you need to STFU next time. 
>And please, holding onto precious brain power this time, that Beppe was using the term "laughable" out of context.

No actually it probably wasnt taken out of context, since he stood up for you ,and you clearly admitted that you were lauging at the kid "LMAO" as you initiialy posted. 
I need to 'STFU'? No, sorry. I have a right to voice whatever opinions I hold. I genuinly believe my opinion, everybody else strongly disagrees. Ergo I cannot be sane.
why are you guys argueing who cares why he killed himself it is a tragic event and something all of us as gamers should remember. If we see warning signs in someone to report it to someone.

Okay cretin, read this:

I would laugh at any player emotionally insecure enough to kill themselves because they dont have a life. In no way is the guy who hacked his account to blame for his death.

Then this:

Virus was initially suggesting that this kid did not kill himself "because someone hacked his game account". It probably would be laughable if someone was that sad - theoretically, as it does NOT happen. 

Bepp, is not, in any way, laughing at the persons death. He is  suggesting how ridiculous it would be if someone were to 'hypothetically' kill themselves over a hacked account, which is why it cannot be the real reason he commited suicide. Thats is the whole point he is trying to make!
>>>why are you guys argueing who cares why he killed himself it is a tragic event and something all of us as gamers should remember. If we see warning signs in someone to report it to someone.

Well said m8. This is indeed a good post in my opinion. Obviously there was more going on in which we are all not aware of. Bullying is a big factor, but it may not have been the only factor.

As someone stated earlier, he may have been deeply depressed by many negative circumstances in his personal life. There needs to be warning signs that must be addressed so that such tragedies can be avoided in the future.

Further reading on the warnings of suicidal intent:

http://www.healthyplace.com/communities/depression/children_10.asp

[img=
]

I was then under the impression that the thread may be some kind of joke, as surely nobody would be so stupid as to commit suicide over a hacked account. 

Beppe was the only one to pick up on this, developed a post which was then wrongly interpreted by a bunch a imbiciles who are intellectually outstripped by melons.
>Beppe was the only one to pick up on this, developed a post which was then wrongly interpreted by a bunch a imbiciles who are intellectually outstripped by melons.

No he wasnt the only to pick up on this. We all knew that you didnt mean the "Hacked account" was the only reason. We read your post. We are annoyed by your arrogance to laugh at the kid. You admitted you were wrong to to do this. 

*sparse applause*

Look, Beppe was not backing up my obviously purile argument, he just didnt want to re-post something that was already said. Dont destroy his reputation with your tom-foolery.

Heh not only did he admit he was wrong, but strangely enough beppe came to defend him even though Virus admitted that his initial post was wrong.
>Dont destroy his reputation with your tom-foolery.

Reputation? Is that what is most important to you? Beppe's reputation? Strange.
I just think its stupid to let someone like Beppe go through a meat grinder just because you are all too stupid to understand him. 

Oh, and 
I did not admit I was wrong
, only wrong with hindsight. As I did not know back then the real circumstances of his death.
what seems to be missing here is an actual knowledge of the events which i have. I think people should read or understand something before passing judgement.
I just think its stupid to let someone like Beppe go through a meat grinder just because you are all too stupid to understand him.

All? You mean me too? We are all too stupid to understand Beppe? So you're saying that Beppe is too smart for all of us now? You must really love the guy.
Ignorant feck-wits...

I am going to bed. Take care everybody.
But here is a short bit of wisdom you will all hopefully implement in your post creating:

"Look not at the last post posted and comment, but at all the posts posted and comment".
>Ignorant feck-wits...

I am going to bed. Take care everybody.

Yeah goodnight Beppe. You'll need it. 
Lmao @ n00b. You are making yourself look stupid.
Reputation? Is that what is most important to you? Beppe's reputation? Strange.

Maybe that explains why "Virus" is going psycho on us all. He caught me off guard with that statement. 
>Lmao @ n00b. You are making yourself look stupid.

Back for more now I see. Thought you were going to bed. Apparently you've proven that you can't back up what you say. 
The above link is for the benefit of Bow and arrow.

And all you n00bs who put my name in speech marks dont even know who I am? Dont try and act superior.
"Dont go to bed angry"

Know I wont :)

Cheer m'dears.
>Lmao @ n00b. You are making yourself look stupid.

Being new to a forum has nothing to do with a person's intellect. You have been here longer than me but you seem to be a lot more idiotic than the "noobs". 
Indeed? You judge me from one thread? Clever thing to do.
"Go bed idiot 15h u r on ffs."

Your english teacher must be so proud.

Toodles!
>Dont try and act superior.

You for example, can start by not trying to insult others with your childish ramblings.
Oh gdawg, man. Let me explain...

It probably would be laughable if someone was that sad - theoretically, as it does NOT happen.

>So you admit beppe that you too would laugh at this? it says a lot about your character now. 

The original post in this thread suggested that the 
ONLY
 reason the boy killed himself was because of his friend hacking his account. As you have learnt from subsequent posts - especially Justin's - this is not the case. What Virus is saying - and what I am backing up - is also that the original post is wrong.

Virus quite rightly identified that people do not kill themselves 
just because their account was hacked
. Such a scenario is so unlikely it moves away from serious conversation into comedy. Neither myself nor Virus has laughed at the actual circumstances of this story, nor have we indicated that we would laugh at any reasonable situation where someone has killed themselves.

In essence gdawg, you have learned nothing about the characters of myself or Virus from this thread. What we are laughing at is a comical unreality, like you might get in a TV comedy. You are not going to write a complaint when Kenny gets it in South Park are you?

One last point... why am I backing up Virus? I am not discriminitive, and he hasn't done anything wrong. You and others have misunderstood him, so I am trying to help clarify that for you. If you STILL don't get it NOW, then I have learned more about your intelligence than you have learned about my character.
LOL. Pick and mix insults is it?

And I have decided to stay up a bit, Im having to much fun to miss out on.
Above post aimed at Bow and arrowless.
as i posted a few times on this thread he didnt kill himself just because of the game and i know this first hand. Maybe people should reserve judgement until they know all the facts instead of jumping to conclusions.
No Beppe, you are ignoring the point most people here are trying to make. We KNOW that it is not about a hacked account that led to his suicide. WE KNOW THIS.

We are simply irritated by the fact that Virus has initially laughed at this kid's demise. He stated "LMAO".
We in FoD don't condone such insensitivity. Yet you have taken our points out of context by saying that we think it is all about a hacked account. 
>And I have decided to stay up a bit, Im having to much fun to miss out on.

Good stay up and continue to get your A$$ handed to you. The problem with you and Beppe is that you don't know how to admit that you are wrong. You cannot admit that your points are sometimes wrong. This is why I often emphasize the fact that Beppe is an arrogant self-righteous member. 
gDawg,

"I wrong with hindsight. As I did not know back then the real circumstances of his death."

How many times do I have to say this for half-wits like you to understand?

Because he cannot fathom the possivility that he has decided to side with you even though you have been later found to be totally lacking credibility. 
>How many times do I have to say this for half-wits like you to understand?

Must you always resort to childish rants? Is that your only way of backing up your arguments in this thread? Weak.
Trust me, you cannot hand my áss to me, it takes somebody of intelligence, and wit to do that. your 'impressive-IQ-level-for-a-glass-of-water level just doesnt cut it. 
This is just going to sound childish, however;

You are all idiots who hasnt understood a word of anything myself and Beppe have said.

Yes, blunt, unsubtle, but true.
>Neither myself nor Virus has laughed at the actual circumstances of this story, nor have we indicated that we would laugh at any reasonable situation where someone has killed themselves.

Beppe, I know that you are not the kind to laugh at this. For that I maintain respect for you. HOWEVER this was not the case for Virus. His initial post was irritating and many did not like what he initially posted.

many did not like what he initially posted.

LOL. Nobody did. Im amazed nobody did hand my áss to me. 

Oh no! I have lost respect from some flyordie n00bs. Im hurt, and can never return to these forums ever again out of pure 100% shame.
Hang on, you n00bs actually think I care about your respect. I am having the time of my life!
>We KNOW that it is not about a hacked account that led to his suicide. WE KNOW THIS.

The ORIGINAL POST did NOT APPEAR to know this gdawg. It was stated AS THE ONLY REASON, and used to justify why you MUST NOT HACK. Virus was replying to the ORIGINAL POST, not to the rest of you who understanding that there was more to this. I am sorry that you don't get get this, but I have tried to explain.

Bow and Arrow, please don't confuse arrogant with right. You are not reading the posts, you are picking a fight over something different to what is being said.
>Bow and Arrow, please don't confuse arrogant with right. You are not reading the posts, you are picking a fight over something different to what is being said.

Virus is not right. He was never right in this thread. He initially laughed at a dead kid. You're trying to sugar coat his admitted mistake by telling us that we have misunderstood his post. We did not. It is clear that he laughed. We shouldnt laugh at another person's tragedy even if don't no all the facts based on the first post which didnt seem too clear.
>>" Virus was replying to the 
ORIGINAL POST
 not to the rest of you who understanding that 
there was more to this
. I am sorry that you don't get this, but I have tried to explain."

>LOL. Nobody did. Im amazed nobody did hand my áss to me. 

No nobody handed you your behind. You handed your behind to yourself. 

>>>" Virus was replying to the ORIGINAL POST, not to the rest of you who understanding that there was more to this. I am sorry that you don't get this, but I have tried to explain."

And so were the rest of us. Most people who are actually sane would find your initial response to the first post offending. You responded to the first post by laughing at a child who you call "has no life".
As predicted, this post has now desended into non-sensical purile mutterings of people who wonder who stares them in the face each time they look in the mirror.

Good night loves,
take care -x-.
> I would laugh at any player emotionally insecure enough to kill themselves because they dont have a life. 

That was your initial post. Quite sad actually. So yeah, you are an idiot.
It's perfectly common sense that you people here attacked you. You clearly posted an insensitive trash post. 
You, are still not listening. 
>>>" Virus was replying to the ORIGINAL POST, not to the rest of you who understanding that there was more to this. I am sorry that you don't get this, but I have tried to explain."

Still not understood?

I completely agree with Gdawg. None of us misunderstood virus initial post. It was obvious what he was trying to say. It was a mockery lauging at someone's death. 

The boy who killed himself was emotionally insecure and may have had a terrible life. Does this warrant laughter? Because the child has a miserable life? Explain why this is even remotely funny? 

Yep end of argument. Again let me post virus initial statement:

> I would laugh at any player emotionally insecure enough to kill themselves because they dont have a life. 

Okay, let this statement finish my end of the argument.

As far as I was concerned (when I posted the 'initial' post) this kid commited suicide because somebody hacked his runescape account - this is not a normal thing to do. I also thought that this post was a wind-up. I am not an insensitive moron, well, not yet anyway, and everybody know is judging what I wrote wih hindsight, and with the gift of hindsight I can admit that it was the wrong thing to say, but only because I now know there is more to this story.
virus i dont judge you for what you said thats what anyone who initially read the story would think, now that you know the full story iam glad you understand.
>>>As far as I was concerned (when I posted the 'initial' post) this kid commited suicide because somebody hacked his runescape account - this is not a normal thing to do. I also thought that this post was a wind-up. I am not an insensitive moron, well, not yet anyway, and everybody know is judging what I wrote wih hindsight, and with the gift of hindsight I can admit that it was the wrong thing to say, but only because I now know there is more to this story.

Don't worry m8. Although some here may see you as an insensitive moron, I don't. In fact I respect that you had made it clear to the public that it may have been the wrong thing to say initially. 

You as well I know that suicides are tragic and these children are in great need of proper guidance. Certainly, if such a thing manifested due to lack of a positive environment in which a healthy outlook in life may be promoted, that such lessons can be learned so that such incidents will be prevented.

Here's a source that may help parents take notice of  suicidal behaviour:

http://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/publications/factsheets/suicide.shtml

[img=
]

Fine then

Virus if offended you in the manner that i posted i take it back. but hopefully you too can understand why many here did not take your initial post in high regard.

>The ORIGINAL POST did NOT APPEAR to know this gdawg. It was stated AS THE ONLY REASON, and used to justify why you MUST NOT HACK. Virus was replying to the ORIGINAL POST, not to the rest of you who understanding that there was more to this.

And how would you know what Virus was thinking when he made this post (below)....

There was a post before Virus that has a link to forum which explains more to the tragedy than just a hacked account. I believe the post was provided by the member '.EXE'. What makes you so sure that Gdawg was not informed by this link that was provided earlier?

You seem to know what Virus is thinking..... The rest of us didn't picku up on the lack of knowledge that Virus had as you clearly are giving him the benefit of the doubt. 

The post by '.EXE' was the second post. Virus' initial post was the 3rd one. Since '.EXE's post had the link to the clan's site which explains many details about his tragedy, why do you still give the benefit of the doubt to Virus like you know what he was thinking in his post?
Many here interpreted Virus' post as being rude and ignorant. It is only natural that they responded to his post with negative remarks because there was NO EXCUSE for him to be unaware of the details of the tragedy, because again, '.EXE' provided an earlier post with a link to the details of his death. 
Heh yeah true that. I was also puzzled by Beppe being able to perfectly understand Virus's post. 

Exe put in a post before him and I read the link. The people there mentioned many times that Marten committed suicide because he was depressed about many things in life. 

It almost seems like a case were Virus made a boo boo post and then is tryihng to clean himself up now. 

>FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD HE WAS BULLIED. SO WHAT? HOW CAN THAT EVER, EVER JUSTIFY WHAT HE DID

The above was another post that Virus made. This time he is aware that bullying may have played a role in the suicide. Then he starts to say so what? This was when Justin came along and posted sources about the implications of bullying and what it can do to traumatize someone into contemplating suicide. Arguement actually ended there and should have ended there.

Justin i also appreciate what you have done to contribute to this topic. You seem to know a lot about this subject matter a great deal. 

By posting sources about the implications of bullying and other sources that make parents aware of the warning signs of suicide, you're showing that youre more interested in letting the community know about taking care of their children rather than trying to find ways to win a topic over. 

I think that is a very responsible thing to do.

Looking back at the whole thread now. It's funny how it all came to be a huge fight between Bow and Virus. The fact that Beppe came about and told everyone that Virus did not fight and the rest did is in itself uncalled for.

Virus has put ranted more insults in this topic than Bow did. They both exchanged a lot of insults. I'm not defending one or the other. I'm just saying it's obvious that Virus kept on retaliating. They were both at fault.

But I can understand why Bow got angry. I still don't understand why Beppe sticks up for everything Virus had to say in this thread. 

This is a thread about a child who committed suicide because he was devastated by the world that surrounds him. I would have expected more condolences from people instead of feisty debateful posts intended to defend different sides.

Justin Macintyre I like your demeanor and the way you carry yourself in these forums. Despite the fact that Virus came at you with harshness (because you happened to provide him with sources of the social effects of bullying), you did not respond to him. Instead you displayed a level headedness that is rare in these forums. I will continue to read the sources that you posted. 

Monsigneur, if you are friend of Maarten I deeply regret what this entire thread has devolved into. My condolences go out to Maarten, his clan, and his family.

I would have wished that this thread maintained a theme of condolence instead of a theme of hostility. 

Justin's posts are credible enough to make other's aware of the negativities that cause suicides to happen. I don't see what else is there that needs to be debated since he practically hit the nail in the button. 

At this point I'm sure we're now all aware of the implications of bullying and the stressful environment that many kids like Maarten undergo on a daily basis. And I'm sure we all now feel for this kid.

The mods should consider locking this thread before things erupt again. People just don't know when to admit when they are wrong sometimes. It's the nature of forum egos. When Justin posted the facts however, that was when people needed to just withdraw any subjective opinions they had about his suicide. Since Justin's posts are backed up by experts, there should not have been a debate afterwards.

Mods please consider closing this thread. The FoD community is now aware enough to understand this child's problems.

What the kid did was foolish and stupid. I'm not going to defend his decision to kill himself. I feel bad that he was picked on and mistreated, but he attached himself to online games, where he supposedly found true "friendship." True friendship cannot be attained online through games. This kid should have found other hobbies other than play games all the time. Perhaps that may have been the reason he was picked on..? But, still, it is sad to see someone do this to himself. There must have been many other issues he was dealing with, and this hacker or whatever must have set him off. Yet, his action was very unwise.
What the boy did was foolish and stupid. Yes, it is sad, but he took an action that wasn't very wise. Killing yourself doesn't solve a thing. He probably had many other issues, and the hacker or whatever could have pushed him a little too far. Nevertheless, the kid could have taken another path. Don't get addicted to online games like that. Here's another interesting story about a man who killed himself while playing Everquest:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/State/mar02/31536.asp

Here's the main point of it:

Elizabeth Woolley remembers when her son was betrayed by an EverQuest associate he had been adventuring with for six months. Shawn's online brother-in-arms stole all the money from his character and refused to give it back.

"He was so upset, he was in tears," she said. "He was so depressed, and I was trying to say, 'Shawn, it's only a game.' I said he couldn't trust those people."
Oops, did not mean to post twice. Oh well, better to convey my opinion twice.

Anyways, I'm with Virus. PS, this is fed.
>And how would you know what Virus was thinking 

Simple, I read his words. They appeared to be in direct response to the original post, not taking into account anything else. What baffles me is how and why you used them to indicate something different then turn them against him.
no excuse i posted a forum link about the info. suit or watever his name is skipped this nobody else did not skip this link

how beppe and rebel is able to believe in all the garbage virus has posted is strange like others here have said.

justin got this completely right because he used sources to back up his statements 

nobody else has done this.

>Simple, I read his words. They appeared to be in direct response to the original post, not taking into account anything else. What baffles me is how and why you used them to indicate something different then turn them against him.

You read his words subjectively. You chose to give him the benefit of the doubt despite the fact that you have no proof whether or not he was responding to the first post or the second. How do you know that he wasn't responding to the second post? 
> feel bad that he was picked on and mistreated, but he attached himself to online games, where he supposedly found true "friendship." True friendship cannot be attained online through games. This kid should have found other hobbies other than play games all the time.

Again it's subjective reasoning on your part. He was a kid who was troubled about his life. He needed to get away from his troubles. It's not like he was addicted to games because he actually chose to. He was troubled by other circumstances and NEEDED to find a way to get AWAY from all the problems. He used the videogames as a way to GET AWAY from thos problems. He never chose this way of life.

The kid needed guidance and didn't get any. And here you are supporting Virus for laughing at the kid because he has "No life"? This is why Justin's posts are the most credible in this entire debate because he uses facts from experts who document the suicide of teens, which are consistently found to be caused by traumatizing events. 

The fact that this kid kept playing games isntead of socializing normally was already an indication of his unhealthy mental state. It wasn't necessarily his fault for choosing to end his own life, it was more a  case of the negative environment in which he became a victim of.
>What the boy did was foolish and stupid. Yes, it is sad, but he took an action that wasn't very wise. 

Yes what he did was foolish and stupid. But it wasn't exactly his fault. Virus' laughed at this kid because he "Has No life". But most people here know that this kid has "No Life" because he was a victim of the conintuous hostility around him. He did not choose this way of life. Why laughing at the fact that this kid had problems in his life and was PUSHED to the edge causing him to end his life?

Statement by Virus below......

>Lmao. I would laugh at any player emotionally insecure enough to kill themselves because they dont have a life.
My question to you Rebel is, since it isn't so hard to see who is clearly right in this thread, why do you choose to side Virus even though it is so obvious based on his first statement that he was being insensitive to a kid who was obviously a victim of a problematic life?

Even the majority of the people in other forums that talk about this incident share the same things that me and others here are saying. This is why we find it odd that all of a sudden "three" members in FoD choose to take the cold mentality of playing devil's advocate. 
Enough. Bow and Arrow, you need to stop responding. They can believe what they want to believe. You won't convince them otherwise. It's obvious that their arguements are not that strong and aren't backed up with solid facts. If you truly believe that you're right and they're wrong then stop responding. This thread is going no where and should get locked. 

Let the kid rest in peace. 

condolences go out to maarten. rip. may this never happen to innocent people like you again.

[img=
http://forum.flyordie.com/images/emoticons/sad.gif
]
I get the feeling some here treat this topic as a debate and will not stop responding until they feel that they have won. Both sides should agree to disagree and recognize that this topic is more important than egotistical forum debates and forum "reputations". 

Many here take their online forum reputation way too seriously to the point where they can no longer differentiate between a debate and a thread that needs to show respect suicide victims.

Mods please lock this thread in honor of Maarten.

poor guy this, poor guy that. suicide wrecks families not just the dead. Obviously its sad when a kid feels thats the only solution, but life is tough. 

No matter how hard your world around you is, suicide is not the answer. 

i have personal experience as one of my friends hung himself when he was 17. I remember the pain he caused to those left behind and like a previous poster i hated him for it. No matter how many times i tried to justify it to myself i couldnt bring myself to forgive him.

Starting to wander why this topic was started in the first place. The poster obviously just found it and decided it would make a good post in here. Well ty you made my day idiot..
Who are you to say what the kid was going through? Only one person knows that, and that was the kid. You are throwing your own opinion out there as fact. All you want is a debate. 

Suit is an old friend.
Whoa.

Fed as in Confederate?

eriously though,
How have you been?
Minni Me is milling around somewhere ;\
Bow, Gdawg etc... I tell you what IS laughable - the amount of effect you people are putting into one kid who killed himself. Now if you put as much effort into talking about EVERY child who dies from unfortunate circumstances every day, including all the innocent victims of the various problems in Africa, then you would have no time to be posting in here. Please go in that direction!
i'm not trying to be mean, but it is kind of pitiful if you kill yourself over something that happens to your compter. Life goes on and there is more to it than an accout. A money accout or an email accout. BUT I do feel sorry for the poor soul.Don't get me wrong. It is just really... not smart.
Try reading things before you post.

It wasn't the reason he commited suicide, it was just another factor that drove it to him.

His best friend, one of his last reasons for living, stabbed him in the back over a game, don't even presume that would not have a great deal of effect on the rest of us.
I still do not believe in true friendship over a computer game. And even if he did get abused in the game, that shouldn't have drove him to kill himself. He took the game too seriously to let it affect him. What he did was wrong and selfish. 

Anyways, Suit, you doing well? E-mail me sometime, denouncer_de@yahoo.com From there I will give you my real e-mail.
ego or eggo?

man i love waffles..
I seem to remember the name confeddy poo. 
all names sound better with "-poo" at the end.
sinse when did you become iplaylarkinor?
apparently in january 06 :p.

(i tried my best to behave) 

erm..

*cough*
Thanks for telling me dude...
no no, would be much higher by now.
you got owned by justin macintyre
Congratulations for not being able to read properly...
well lets just say our sincere consolidences (dont know exactly how to spell the word)and wish the kid a rest in peace. suit, im also sry for arguing with you at the begining. may the kid rest in peace, sincerely. 
awww,

Did  i miss all the fun.

:|
>Bow, Gdawg etc... I tell you what IS laughable - the amount of effect you people are putting into one kid who killed himself. Now if you put as much effort into talking about EVERY child who dies from unfortunate circumstances every day, including all the innocent victims of the various problems in Africa, then you would have no time to be posting in here.

Many people here are simply showing sympathy to a child. Nothing laughable about that. And no, there's no need to talk about every child in the world who dies of unfortunate events in order to prove that many of us also show sympathy to them.

Many people die in 3rd world countries but is it logical to create a thread for each and everyone of them? No. This thread is about one kid who killed himself because he was probably depressed. Some here, including myself show sympathy to this child, but making other threads for every child who has died an unfortunate death is something we don't need to do in order to prove that we have sympathy for them.

This is a forum and people post various topics. If there was a topic about a dying child in Africa, obviously many who show sympathy here would show it in those threads also. 

>Bow, Gdawg etc... I tell you what IS laughable - the amount of effect you people are putting into one kid who killed himself. Now if you put as much effort into talking about EVERY child who dies from unfortunate circumstances every day, including all the innocent victims of the various problems in Africa, then you would have no time to be posting in here.

You make it sound as if that those who show sympathy to this child of this topic are wrong for doing so. There's nothing wrong with showing respect and condolences whenever an unfortunate event is mentioned in Flyordie forums. It doesn't automatically mean that we are now obliged to be consistently showing respect to every unfortunate child in the world.

Giving condolences to a victim of a tragedy has been done many times, whether it's online or in person. Does this mean that anyone who gives condolences to another must now be obliged to give condolences to every unfortunate victim in this world? 

Last addition:

If that is what your trying to suggest, then wouldn't you be obliged to do the same, since you must have had offered some deep sympathy about some victim of a tragic event before.

I'm sure most here have offered condolences to someone that they never knew before in their life. I'm sure you have. Therefore based on your post, you must also (just like the rest of us) put as much effort into showing condolences on those unfortunate victims around the world, as you have probably given to one person in the person.
>You make it sound as if that those who show sympathy to this child of this topic are wrong for doing so.
I did not mean to do that. I think too many people have misunderstood what Virus said and why I backed him up. Also, I was trying to critise the amount of effort (not effect) some of you were putting into backing the kid up when the argument had nothing to do with his death.

>There's nothing wrong with showing respect and condolences...
Nope, you are right.

>It doesn't automatically mean that we are now obliged...
Again, I agree.

>...Does this mean... must now be obliged...?
Nope, not at all.

Am I laughing at the death of this child? No. Am I laughing at your condolences? Again, no. Let me clarify, I think we are arguing about different things. It's been a long time since this thread got heated, and I don't want to start that again. Please understand that 
at no point
 were Suit or myself laughing at the death of this kid or your expressions of condolences.

The sympathy is fine, the misunderstanding is laughable. Does that make more sense now?
>If that is what your trying to suggest...
As above, it's not.

>Therefore based on your post, you must also (just like the rest of us) put as much effort into showing condolences...
I do, at three levels...
1 - If something happens that is bad and has nothing to do with myself or the people around me, I acknowledge it's bad in my mind. There is no point in expressing my thoughts openly to those with no connection.
2 - If it causes personal grief, I express it openly if needed by myself or others.
3 - If it's not personal, I am likely to express openly to someone to whom it might be personal. It's common courtesy.

Does that explain who I am? I don't see things and get shocked, I understand that they happen. I mostly wish they didn't, but that's the world we live in. I try my best not to cause harm, and so far I have been lucky.
>Am I laughing at the death of this child?

Never said you were.

>The sympathy is fine, the misunderstanding is laughable. 

Obviously it's a case of differing opinions. Most here don't believe they misunderstood anything. I agree with them. Also the risk of misunderstanding could have been avoided if his post was delivered more conservatively, because the thread was more tuned towards a theme of condolence rather than debate. His post however may have been delivered in a form that promoted a series of negative responses (which did happen).

Whether it was a case of misunderstanding or not, I still don't see the laughability of it. But then again you may see a misunderstanding as laughable, that's your opinion and your entitled to it. It won't change perceptions here though.

Another reason why the misunderstanding was not laughable is because there was an earlier post before Virus' post which had a link to a lot of information about the kid's death and the problem's the kid had endured. 

This is why many here saw no reason why Virus (who responded after that post, without requoting the first post) would only be responding to the first post. Unless people are psychic and knew that Virus was responding to the first post and not the second one, misunderstandings are expected. 

>Please understand that at no point were Suit or myself laughing at the death of this kid or your expressions of condolences.

Maybe you weren't. But Suit Clearly was (at least in the way many here saw it). Read his first post below....

Suit Virus wrote: 
I would laugh at any player emotionally insecure enough to kill themselves because they dont have a life.

Now you have said that most here may have misunderstood Virus' post.. If this was indeed the case (which I doubt) since his statement is very clear, then it would have been more fitting if he took a tamer approach in the selection of his words. If he didn't laugh at the kid's death, it would have been much easier understood and much easier for him to come across to others here if he had chosen to post such an opinion in a more less hostile tone.

>It's been a long time since this thread got heated, and I don't want to start that again.
Nah it won't get heated again. It's all a difference in opinion thats' all.
>1 - If something happens that is bad and has nothing to do with myself or the people around me, I acknowledge it's bad in my mind. There is no point in expressing my thoughts openly to those with no connection.

>2 - If it causes personal grief, I express it openly if needed by myself or others.

>3 - If it's not personal, I am likely to express openly to someone to whom it might be personal. It's common courtesy.

Fair enough. I can agree with those.

R.I.P  I know how Martin was feeling , I almost committed when I was young but I got councelling.It's sad to hear that a boy killed himself over a friend's betrayal,shows that friend's do matter and when you break trust and it's all a person got's left it pushes you way down into a Depression which leads to suicide.
Even tho I didn't know you Martin your in my Heart man R.I.P
may he still rest in peace even tho people are still arguing over his reasons.
i knew someone who had a painful experience in school. people used to bully him all the time. theres not much you can do to help him when so many people are making fun of him. if a person thought about helping him they too may get dogpiled by the numbers...

there's not much i could have done in situations like that but only to avoid the whole thing all together.

whats even harder is when bullied victims try to look for friends and everyone is wacthing. when he tries to look for friends everyone tries to avoid him because theyre afraid to be seen with him.

its not easy for bully victims and schools should try to stop bullying and how it starts. 

rip to Maarten and to all the bully victims who have killed themselves in order to escape the daily torture.

Look you idiots if you were dead would you appreciate people talking about you here?! and you idiots use this as an example? as a lesson? The kid died man. Yes he killed himself and that was a big mistake but still we cant go around calling him names or calling this a "lesson" ok? so just say rest in peace dont say any bad stuff.
>Look you idiots if you were dead would you appreciate people talking about you here?!

No. I would not appreciate it.

>and you idiots use this as an example? as a lesson?

What example?  

Only lesson that needs to be learned is that schools and parents should have done more to look after the kid. The kid was depressed about his life. The adults in his life should have been responsible enough to notice the unhealthy state in which the kid was in. There were things that could have been done to prevent this tragedy from happening. That mostly falls into the duties of parents and school officials who could have moderated the kid's educational environment.
Well said Gdawg , That would have helped alot for him.