« Back to All Topics
Sectarianism in a pool game???
Posted in 
Off-topic
Posted in 
Off-topic
I'd like to make a small complaint and say that I was subject to a torrent of sectarian jibes the other day in the lobby of room 1. I have decided to name the player as it's not the first time I've seen him carry on like this, and probaly won't be the last. His name is Golden Brown. Things like "No Surrender" are sure to wind up a certain few people and I'm sad to say I was one of them. It's not because of the childish manner in which he behaved, more because it was about all he could say. This is a guy who day in day out sits and chats with Streamline, KiteFlyer and others, then, at first possible chance rambles on about Irish history (if I'm not mistaken Golden comes from Edinburgh, you get me people?? dumb or what :S). I must also make it clear that I have many friends who are RFC fans and we occasionally have a few laughs offending the opposing team but we know where to draw the line as we all know how offensive it can become. Anyway tiocfaidh and take care everyone. :)
LOL.LOL.LOL.

Bet you think that stands for Loyal Orange Lodge.:p

Why cant people from Edinburgh talk about irish history ?

What has it got to do with The Champions - Rangers Football Club ?

You could always use your mute button.

Do you think he should surrender then ?

:p:p:p
Bad Bad Golden_Brown... how dare he state something as awful as "No Surrender" in the lobby. Of course, I could see how someone would be offended by such language, when the rest of what is said in the lobby is so clean and wholesome. Who does he think he is supporting his own football team?  
Geez... this sounds like whining!!
   Personally, I pay my money as a subscriber, so I feel I have the right to stay and chat in the lobby for as long as I like. If someone is saying something I don't like, I use the mute button FOD has so generously given all of us. If you are so easily offended, perhaps you should try to use it as well. After all, someone might say something horrible, like "I have brown eyes"...that could offend a lot of blue eyed players. I really think you need to keep things in proper perspective.    Oh, and by the way, if Golden_Brown has been spending all his time in the lobby chatting...how come he has more points than I do? I am a far better chatter!    I obviously need to make my own topic...  
Just my thoughts...  Kite 
Kite, explain how saying "No Surrender" is supporting his team? I don't see any reference to RFC in that at all. Sure I'll use my mute button (although there are mods on site to deal with this plebbish behaviour anyway, its their job after all ;-)) or oo, better still..change my name to Gerry Adams and come into the lobby for a friendly chat 'coz after all, he's a Celtic fan (I'd also like to see your reaction to that). See the connection to football there? I'm not saying that Flyordie isn't littered with bad language and abuse, hell, If I had a quid for every time someone slagged my "mom" I'd own my own pool club, all I'm saying is sectarianism is offensive to use and will no doubt upset people. It's a similar offensive to racism. If you were black and I came in the room and said the word N***** (not particularly aimed at yourself) you would undoubtedly take offence to it. 
 I'll wrap it up as I have "whinged" for long enough :P..no place for it on FOD, if you think that sort of idiocy is acceptable and you back him up then I guess youre in good company Kite ;-) Tc everyone, Ourselves Alone xx
Oh, btw, I wasn't getting at anything when I said "day in day out". I've found myself in FOD for 5 and 6 hours at a time. 'Mon the Hoops! :D:D
I read what KF said and she was trying to point out that if you do not like something which is being said you can use the mute. Unfortunately there will always be some one some where who will be offended by what another says, whether what they said it to offend or it is indeed the case that something has been taken the wrong way by the one who is doing the reading. You may even be offended by the way I have written my reply here.
There is a saying that says 'you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time'.
Just because KF, Streamline and others speak and chat to others in the lobby, including me:) it does not make  anyone else responsible for what others type. 
Go have fun, stop complaining in here, if there is a genuine problem with you and another player may I suggest an email to FOD to look into the matter(not forgetting SS to back up what you are claiming). You will most probably get more help there if you need it.
I wish you luck and happiness but try not to take things to seriously and remember to use that MUTE.:)

I have no problem with any players, I have a problem with people using sectarianism, racism, paedophiliacs and those who support terrorism (or use it to wind people up). I also enjoy a natter with kite and streamline among many others, I even used to enjoy Golden's company too, although theres a side of his personality that I disagree with(use of sectarianism) hence the "complaining". And btw, this is a forum, the sole purpose of a forum is to air your views. Thx for your opinion though ;-)
Jees im gettin bored listenin' to myself here as probably all of you are. lets cut out the sectarian hatred crap and all just have a laff, its a pool game after all!!:D hail hail!
ur posts are too long, gets borin readin em
u nombre is obring

lil kim is fea without make up Ta!
Don't read 'em then ;-) or go to a site more suited to your reading..www.sesamestreet.com enjoy:)
jota why dont you keep your lips sealed and instead of crying over a few words play the game and use the mute button and stop carryin this pointless topic on ..clown
henry son, like everyone else you are entitled to an opinion, but, like everyone else, if you don't like the posts don't comment, or simply don't read them. Why don't you start one about how im a clown? :D sinn fein, peace out:)

lmfao is this guy for real?

ur a joke go read wot cream sed agen and then talk. coz u got put in ur place not 1ce but twice also by kf 

read the "silly posts" as u call em and then think before posting again silly kid
sorry, but I thought in your first post you said that you had a problem with a player:-

:
I'd like to make a small complaint and say that I was subject to a torrent of sectarian jibes the other day in the lobby of room 1. I have decided to name the player as it's not the first time I've seen him carry on like this, and probaly won't be the last. His name is Golden Brown.

you can send a SS of the lobby just as easily as in a game.

PS
This comment is nothing against Golden Brown as personally I have never seen any such comments when I have been in the lobby at the same time as them:) but hey I am not on here 24/7, lol
Henry go do your homework, Cream, I don't have a problem with a player, I have a problem with sectarianism, and yeah true..we aren't all here 24/7 however this is the 3rd time I've encountered it. Anyway, about 4 posts ago I said I would like to wrap it up. so lets all join in in doing that. NO SECTARIANISM!! case closed. P.s. I don't see the man in question making any comments to this. whats up Golden? Are you letting your head low lie (in a field perhaps) tc kids, have fun. GBTP amen:D
no surrender. no never

1st i'm from glasgow
2nd yes i support rangers
3rd i am a firm believer in what i say (no surrender) included. i unlike u have protested and will continue too as i'am a protestant.

if u dont like sectarianism dont use words like tiocfaidh it wont come back on you. 

lastly that was no torrent of abuse u fool. u aint seen nothing yet

golden out
lol u sound like Mr T, (I pity da fool). Did you go Grrr when you wrote that? And yey Prize to the first person that noticed my jovial use of hypocrisy ;-) wd..its only been 2 days. Tc MrT :p lolol Gerry Adams for president:)
cant believe i answered this post twice now u mindless plum
1 more plumb (its got a B in it FOOL;)) than you've got :D
Don't pretend you're Spanish Madre. ;\
SV JOTA -
I find it interesting that you started this post under the guise of being harassed by so-called "secretarianism" - yet admittedly have used it to goad and insult others with your "jovial hypocrisy". Being a hypocrite is anything but funny...  I think you actually started it to insult another person's choice of whom they support.  I could stoop to your level, but I have no more time for your childish name calling ~  MUTED.
Kite 
Ok Kite, I stand corrected and apologize. I'm but a buffoon. Oh and stoop?? If you stick up for Golden you have already reached a record low, I think you should start pulling drastically to come up to my level. Incidentally, I myself am having quite a laugh at this post as not one person has had the decency to at least agree on a sectarianism ban. All you want to do is stick up for your friend Golden Orange *sorry brown. Ooo brb is that the sound of drums and flutes outside..."cooeee KIIITE, GOLDEN..hows the walk going"?? ta ta, see you in the lobby :)
pmsl!!! am i the only one who finds this hillarious????

on a serious note tho SV someone once said hello to me!:o i didnt know how to respond...of course i send the ss in straight away but flyordie did nothing about it!!!

how can people stoop so low as to use the english language towards others! 

ty
hara:)
OMFG hara, hello...really?? have you had therapy about it. I think i'd prolly crumble or possibly even just die. :p and yeah, i've been laughing whilst writing each reply..my tongue is firmly in me cheek here lol:D 
my my....then i take my hat off to you sir, for that excellent piece of comedy

>>>LoL LOL LOL

>>>I think your tongue is between two cheeks.

>>>We Are The People.

:D.
Main Entry: 1sec·tar·i·an (sectarianism)
Pronunciation: sek-'ter-E-&n
Function: adjective
1 : of, relating to, or characteristic of a sect.

I think somone is a little unclear on the concept. 
"I have no problem with any players, I have a problem with people using sectarianism, racism, paedophiliacs and those who support terrorism (or use it to wind people up)". I have a new problem, people with an ana* fixation (peter ;-)).Magician, did you see this topic, not understand what it was about, type www.dicktion...oops dictionary.com and copy and paste, then walk away feeling smug? Where do I sign up to be in your mensa group? Knock Turnal, m8, you agree with so many things I'm starting to think you're Lorraine Kelly from GMTV :O. Oh, and by the way, this really is gonna be my last post so if you're gonna slag me off, make it good and something fun :D FTQ and god bless you all :D
LOL 153.

I think its coz your micky (mouse) team is not in europe anymore LOL LOL LOL.Thats why ye made up this silly nickname.So you can hide.Am glad I dont play pool,with twisted people .Also glad that was your last post,tho somehow I doubt it.

It must be hard for ye when the whole world is against you,standing alone

>>> The purest morals,Brother,keep in view,

>>> The Orange Honour,and the purple too;

>>> With Brethren still be this thy only strife;

>>> Surpass them all in purity of life;

>>> Nor let in coming years thy children say;

>>> Our father did our Faith and Rights betray;

>>> But while life lasts,still steadfast claim

>>> A Protestant's and Briton's honoured name.

>>> So shall this badge from Sire to Son go down,

>>> A proof of faith,Virtue,and Renown.  

MARTIN LUTHER

JOHN CALVIN

SV JOTA- no way are you ever going to make it into Mensa

"The lord giveth, and the lord taketh away"

hail hail .. mon the hoops ..saturday here we come :D:D lmao
"Don't read 'em then  or go to a site more suited to your reading..www.sesamestreet.com enjoy"

POOR ANTH, IS THAT ABUSE AIMED AT YOU MATE, LOL

i will ban you all... X-(

CONTENT REMOVED. USER WILL RECEIVED A 10 YEAR DEMERIT 
FOR PRETENDING TO BE A MOD.
Edited by .....X..... at 08/18/05 at 11:38 am.

:(