« Back to All Topics
Balloon rewards post here...
Try to post rewards other than Gold nuggets,Treasure and wonderflask..

Thanks..
This is a good idea.  I'm curious what people are getting.  (Besides the usual items, of course)
So far my best has  been a giantblood imp shield (or giant imp shield) i forget the name.

Spidey
I managed to get a composium hole.  :D

-RTD
I've only ever found one item from the balloon.  It was a 12th level weapon, but I forget which one.  It wasn't very useful, as I was 19th or 20th level at the time.

Sandy
I just remembered!  It was the "6bladed Sword", which goes for a nice price at the market these days, at least.

Sandy

Just got a vampire boomerang.

Spidey
My second special balloon prize:  Kithrill Helm
All I got was a bow.Lol.

Affe3

Little mean thief
only a scythe thats the most expensive item that was given to me.. by balloon :D
I have received 4 special items in my balloon hunts with my 3 characters. I do not remember what the first "special" item was, but since then I have received a Rimlander Shield, a steel bodyshield and a composium hole.  I have started to keep track of what I find and where I find it.  I am interested in any theories about how the balloon works...
1)  Are certain locations more likely to have rare items?
2)  Is it better if you hold the balloon for a long time before you get the reward? or make a beeline to the reward?
3)  Does the reward change based on which direction you approach it from?
Anyone else have any thoughts or theories?

You are holding the balloon.
With the help of the balloon you've found the reward, a 
dracosteel dagger

You proceed...

Dolphin of Blue

Always Swimming Around Larkinor
I got an animated ballast this morning.....that is a level 47 s/s weapon.  Woohoo.

Marian
I still haven got my 1st weapons...:(
All I got was a rock in my bag ... opps sorry.  I meant an axe.
mengornian blowpipe
You proceed...

So what does the brass of Larkinor have to say about the Balloon. Come on, spill the beans
Does it depend on something, which items you get? The higher level the better item i mean. Theres another bad thing too. I never get a reward when i catch the balloon twice when i catch the balloon twice in a short time.Do you?
Somebody else must first find something before you can find stuff again.
With the help of the balloon you've found the reward, a vampiric shield.

Affe3

Little mean thief
diamond blowpipe
You proceed...
As you trudge along the pebbles on the ground start to look like your native village. Are you dreaming?

Dolphin of Blue

Always Swimming Around Larkinor
Crystal Shield... love this thing :)
I have another theory :
Does luck affect the prize.
Does the ammount of steps the balloon has traveled affect the prize.?????
> Does luck affect the prize.
> Does the ammount of steps the balloon has traveled affect the prize.????? 

I don't think so in either case, although this would be pretty tough to proove conclusively without inside knowledge.

The best item I ever found was with a character with a Luck skill of 1.  Furthermore, I regularly travel long distances for gold nuggets, or short distances for wonderflasks.  It seems completely random to me.

Sandy

While you're holding the balloon it will lead you to a reward.  Follow the directions to the right location, and you'll see a reward in a red font automatically showing up in the message area.

Sandy

daemonsteel blowpipe

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
STUPID BALLOON

i followed the place where it is.

next thing i dont get squat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freaking hack!!!!

Got a silver boomerang just now.  Of course, it came too late - bought one off the market just yesterday to make my diamond boomerang.  Not very expensive, anyway.
i found a skivian bow. which was good at the time because i was only on lvl 12 or something
I've found 2 gold nuggets.  Can I only get one reward each day or something?
as many as you wanted !! let othas get balloon firstly and you get another rewarded
With the help of the balloon you've found the reward, an 
animated helm.

You try to escape from the unknown creature...

Colour me happy :D

Cinder
With myy different characters i only got the usual things like treasures, gold nuggets and a wonderflash, but my record are 3 treasures in one day. ;P 
I hope one day I'll find something different..
No more new findings in ballon quest?

Sadly..I still haven get my 1st weapon..:(
With the help of the balloon you've found the reward, a bone dagger.
You proceed...

(This was a level 24 character)
I just got a composium crossiron. lvl 10 hand armour, no protection but worth 240,000.  Anybody know what it could be used for?
Its a componant in a lvl 54 P/S weapon. A composium short sword...

1 composium grappling iron 
1 screaming bayonet  
1 composium crossiron 

Ta Cinder, it's a while until I'll have need of it then!
Fing..How often u get a weapon from the balloon??

How many steps u contribute to the balloon before the next reward??

Or u just go for the balloon once a while?

Just want to find out is there any factors involved in getting a weapon from the balloon..Coz I still haven got my 1st weapon:(
I've had 4 items that are "other than normal" in about 4 or 5 months of play.  I usually only go for the balloon when I need Wonderflasks, but it's also good for quick rejuvenation when trying to kill a lot of monsters to level up.
Fing..I did the same too-going for balloon when I need the wonderflask but I had been playing for more than 6 months..Sad to say i still don get it..
For me "unusual" balloon rewards usually reflect my current level. For example, my mage got a level 24 weapon at level 24, and my level 3 character got a 3 bladed sward (level 3 weapon).
i remember getting a magic toothpick and an atomantium dagger
I've never gotten a weapon and my chracter is level 19
Yep the special items from balloons are obviously a fairly random, luck-based thing...
Here's an aside: I did a wee test the other day when there weren't many people online - I got the balloon and the reward directions were posted.  Without getting the reward, I went into my home, changed characters and the new character came and picked up the balloon outside the other char's home - NO reward directions!!!  Took the 2nd char home, swapped back to the 1st char, picked up the balloon outside the 2nd char's home and the same, initial reward directions were there.
The upshot is that balloon rewards look as though they're generated for a character, not universally.
:-) Trivia?  You got it!
Off topic, thats me, but for some reason one time i had the balloon and crossed a wall i knew was there.  Was I flying?

And ive never got anything special, so we're back to the main subject :p
The balloon lifts you over all interior walls. If a monster is chasing you, the text tells you that it couldn't chase you anymore because of the wall.
Ive still never gotten other thing than gold nuggets, wonderflasks and treasures
1st good reward ... Opal Boots.  Found with my lvl 28 character last night.
My first finally... Magic Nunchaku!
what's the best of the usual three

Treasure for money (minimum 500 silvers)

Wonderflask for use
Finally my 1st weapon:)

My lv22 char get a silveraxe-lv11 weapon..
Still haven't found any weapon. But today has happened that the ballon has come to me, i wasn't looking fot it, and suddenly, i got it!!!
this is strange o isnt' it? 

euxodia :)
If someone dies when they have the balloon, it is transferred to a random other player who is on at that time.
I'm not sure about random. I've gotten the balloon "mysteriously" several times, when I didn't even persue it. Not that I'm complaining or anything. :p
My level 23 char got a level 7 throwing axe. Wow...
I still havent gotten anything else than treasures wonderflasks and gold nuggets and my chracter is level 20
No more rewards...

egghead1..its takes me mths to get my 1st weapon so just be patient:D
With the help of the balloon you've found the reward, a chang sword.

Yesterday I got a Skivian blowpipe - not great for a level 31 character!
2 more special rewards in the last 2 days:
1. double bass
2. wordcaster

Trouble is, I REALLY want wonderflasks at the moment and they just WILL NOT appear! :-(
And just now - a centroshield!
I got a frost armour :)

Spidey

Plus a level 12 shield, but i forget the name.

They coming thick and fast at the moment...
 - emerald helmet
ANOTHER special!!! golden frontplate
Min lvl 4, Price 200,000, Armor (hand) Protection 0.
Anybody know what it is good for?
or make what is likely out of your level armour like golden breastplate or iron breastplate
It seems like the programmers have updated the creation rate of balloon special rewards as I've got 2 more in 2 days:
-Cespit's Saber
-dracosteel club

dwarf pickaxe.

I know its not much but i'm only lvl 6.
hmm thats wasnt right.........

i was reading at the time and got confused:( 

sorry

TheMad1X-(
I got a skivian staff with my level 9 character

Not so good
With the help of the balloon you've found the reward, a magical staff..
lizardsteel peg

I got a diamond mail shirt with a level 3 digger about half an hour ago. Shame that I already bought one for it.:S

:):)
Ive got a theory:

It cant be level, because weve seen the spectrum already from level 1s to level 21s

Luck may have something to do with it.,
But has anyone ever thought tht being a subscriber may help you.....just curious, has any non-subscriber like myself ever found anything good, like a weapon
It is mentioned in one of the locked posts that you can never get an item above your level. I personally don't think luck has anything to do with it, the most valuable item i've gotten was from my mage with one luck.
i dont think being a sub helps the best ive gotten is a dwarf pickaxe.......
so i would say no being a sub doesnt give u any advantage

TheMad1X-(
I just got a small studdedshield - a lvl 7 armour for my level 31 gigaFighter.
Quote: 

Try to post rewards other than Gold nuggets,Treasure and wonderflask..

Thanks..

Small ork shield.  Not great for a level 32, but still interesting!
I just got a silverchain (lvl 19) for my lvl 33 char
1 month old bread - it has to age about 1 million years to be any value to me!
I snagged an extra housepart once with a lvl 2
Emerald Frontplate

Tyvm balloon!! :D:D:D:D:D

My level 20 character got 
a mananimbus
:-D
And I got a mengornian mace with my lvl 20 STR fighter...first good item with her:D
i've got 4 characters, levels 25 or 26.  none of them have ever gotten anything other than treasures, gold nuggets, or wonderflasks.  now, i'm not a sub, and i don't go looking for the balloon, but i get it often enough.  it's gotta have something to do with subs, because 4 characters that high should have gotten something by now, at the rate some people have posted.

--jason
Nope. Nothing to do with being a sub. Its just dumb luck.
got a piar of hefretes boots :D

I am a sub, playing for over a year now with chars over lvl5 and never got anything special. not worried bout it tho.

With the help of the balloon you've found the reward, an orc chopper.

yeah, i got a magic crossbow a lvl 16 ranged weapon.  not too bad...

Liponis
I got a golden axe with the balloon just now :-D
Just got doomy's first weapon,a ruby morningstar
dracosteel dagger
With the help of the balloon you've found the reward, a disproshield.
You catch up with the flyingskull!
Slimy goo spatters on your clothes, as you walk through the bog.

only if i got that shieled 2 lvs ago when i needed it :p
Kaltenekker bow.

You proceed...
Uphill, downhill - this walk could be idyllic if it were not on burial-mounds.

isnt that a mission item?
A ruby blowpipe

A pair of Opal Boots
got a steel club   thats better then a nugget atleast 
With the help of the balloon you've found the reward,
an 8bladed sword
I have received a sq. roundshield!
A 
golden frontplate
 100k silvers!

Jaird
With the help of the balloon you've found the reward, a pair of Hefrete's boots.
With the help of the balloon, you've found your reward: a magic spell. I dont suppose anyone needs this for a component?
mengornian log

golden morningstar. not great but better the a golden nugget!
With the help of the balloon you've found the reward, an 
elemental essence

Now thats just plain wrong :(

steel morningstar
.  It may be a lvl 8 weapon for a lvl 19 character, but it's better than the gold nuggets I've been getting on a regular basis.

Zuni

from now on when u get the balloon try to remember about how many steps you took before you got to the reward and where it was, maybe we can figure out if it is totally random or not.
from now on when u get the balloon try to remember about how many steps you took before you got to the reward and where it was, maybe we can figure out if it is totally random or not.
sry i dont know y that posted twice, also has any one thats not a sub gotten good items?
With the help of the balloon you've found the reward, a composium hole!! 100k silvers:D:DIt took 5 steps,seems the better the reward,the less you have to travel.
With the help of the balloon you've found the reward, 
an icearmour.

:D
10yearsold bread.

With the help of the balloon you've found the reward, a dracosteel shield.
Well its for Lunar, if i hadnt already paid 100k already:(

TC
logobrett award coming up! lol Just for you info bourquay, there are three objects that are often foun with the balloon: treasure, wonderlfask and a treasure.
malikar
OOoh! My MagicMoleMan (with high luck) got the expensive 25000 Silver's worth Diamond Mail Shirt (25 protection that is usable by low level characters). He was only level 6 or 7 when he got it.

Just got a pair of dwarf sneakers.  
Also made two steps for a gold nugget.

Tea Leaf
i jus got a brass nut. on market for 50 k