« Back to All Topics
Got Spyware ?
Posted in 
General
Got Spyware ?
Posted in 
General
Got Spyware ?
Hello everyone , now lately there has been alot of speculation over the topic of spyware , now im sure many of you know already some spyware can EASILY get past the best Anti Virus scanner like norton and Mcaffe , here is a link to an ESSENTIAL piece of freeware designed to STOP illegal virus' etc..

http://www.xblock.com/download-freeware.shtml

Last night i experienced at least 17 ads at once , some of which were explicit ones...
I scanned my computer with this software and found keyloggers , trojans , virus' , browser hi-jackers the lot !
My problem is now solved thanks to this beauty , i HIGHLY recommend downloading this 
have a good virus free day ...
TANK_MASTER
:) :)
I have the same thing, with the pop ups. But my computer is fried :(
i had in total 23 dangerous programs installed onto my computer without my knowledge 
Even if your not sure about this program just download it , you wil be shocked at the amount of things that are illegaly on your p.c

23 is actually pretty good. A lot of people find out they have hundreds of nasty little beasties running around their machines.

A decent Firewall, decent Antivirus, and decent sniffer prgram are really all thats required to prevent most nasties affecting you.

Of course, you still have to USE them. There is nothing worse than having all the tools and then not switching them on.

I'd recommend spybot search and destroy,an excellent program and completely free .. 
http://www.safer-networking.org/
 ..and also ad aware 6.0 
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
 both very efficient.....23 pretty good veriac? thats terrible lol
lol, i think you are forgetting that at least 60% of people who use the Internet have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Programs like Spybot etc might report 23 "
problems
", but generally speaking a large number of them are cookies, and not actual programs.

Also many people who download software using clients such as Kazaaa or other P2P clients will find that those prgrams often contain a myriad of junk.

Certain common programs such as the Google or Yahoo Toolbars for Internet Explorer always contain spyware. Also, many people are now finding that even MSN Messenger contains some little spies.

I would say that generally speaking if someone has benn online for a while and not yet run some kind of spyware sniffer, they have done well for Spybot to only find 23 problems. Some people manage to collect hundreds

Yes you really must be careful whilst using these programs , effectively they are used to counteract and stop illegal or harmful material on your computer but you really need to click on "help" which im sure most programs have in the top right hand corner ...

As Veriac was saying , some of the things picked up are just cookies save on other sites . Therefore if you delete them you could be losing valuable info off other sites that you know and trust (like FlyOrDie)

Oh and veriac when i said 23 those were just the HIGHLY dangerous ones , i forgot to mention the ones that were only "dangerous" :p

Have a good day 
-TANK_MASTER - " You cannot control , only catch " -Tsung Tsai
hey thx for posting this because i just diod a scan and it removed some dangerous programs and thanx to it i have not managed to get rid of Hotbar!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!
Good to hear that mate ;)
This isn't a miracle program , but its handy to have around ...
Tanx I Have got rid off all the virus' on my computer 
Ty again
yeh i wud say it is handy around... now i have two programs cos i also have ad-aware 6 and that romoved the toolbar of my intenret but still had the files on my pc but tat program deleted it :D
"As Veriac was saying , some of the things picked up are just cookies save on other sites . Therefore if you delete them you could be losing valuable info off other sites that you know and trust (like FlyOrDie)"

Well information in a cookie should not normally be of any important value (since cookies are always being deleted automatically and when the user clears cache, and some people don't even take cookies).  The information that FlyOrDie uses contains information about your room history and a Jive timestamp for the forums.  If you delete the cookie the only thing you will lose is the room history, everything else is restored when you log into flyordie.

Although I do recommend controlling the cookies that you store.  Normally third-party cookies are blocked, which prevents cookies going into your computer from sites that you are not aware of.  Also, in Internet Explorer it is possible to set cookie settings for certain sites, and I think there is a tool somewhere that automatically fills this list in for numerous sites that are known to contain malicious code.

Also watch out for your ActiveX controls (internet explorer) and Java applets, both are ways for people to gain access to computers and download adware/spyware/etc. so be sure to have some security settings set for them.  
wow tank i downloaded it and it deleted like 43 things :o
Yea it works wonders , but be careful what your doing ;)
Also , remember to use it regularly and you should be fine ...
i hope i helped :)
I have a great program for removing spyware. It also stops any cookies that are spyware & lets all others through. Only downside is it's not free. If you are interested it's called Pestpatrol.
No harm in removing your cookies completely.Have some patience people lol,dosnt take long to load up a trusted web site again:p
tank how do i make it so it doesnt run everytime the comp is turned on?
Hmmmm actually you have me on that one , i have checked the program and there is no where were it tells you to stop it running at the start up of ya pc ....hmmmm 
All i know is it doesnt start up on my computer , try un-installing then re-installing it , it might do the trick ...however im a little puzzled ?:|
When i first loaded it,there was a check box,if you wanted it to load on start up,just uncheck it Cobs,when re-loading. :)
You may need to delete the appropriate key on the registry that runs programs on startup (type regedit in the Run box, be careful here as you have the ability to ruin the computer if you delete the wrong keys).  It may also be located in the startup folder from the All Programs menu at Start.
err...my otha cpu is infected wit spyware..:('..internet cant open so how wud i take it out??:|this is bad :|'
I also have the same thing, using of 'Adware Alert' anti-spyware of www.adwarealert.com can affect badly on my browser and they can not be easily remove from my system and I have formatted my system to remove this.

anyway, congrats and thanks
TrendMicro works too...Panda Activescan find's a lot of different things but won't remove them, spybot isn't as good as it once was because virus's and the like evolve quicker than that program does.  Ad-aware is rather good but probably not the best, SuperAntiSpyware is a good one.  
Posted:Apr 21, 2004 12:34 AM

Oh, my. While I do feel that my virus protection is sufficient, I will try this.
thanks tanx and nightnut person. this is major help i had 2 remove that malware alarm  :@
It's good to have more than 1 anti-spyware program, different ones detect different things.  

4 of the best ones i can remember are:

Adaware
Spybot-Search & Destroy
Windows Defender
AVG Anti-Spyware

It's also good to run an anti-virus scan once in a while, a good free one is AVG Anti-virus.

Just by doing those 5 scans, I've cured 2 of my friends' totally screwed up computers.

On a somewhat unrelated note, if you're on cable modem, dsl or fiber optics (if your internet is fast then you have one of these), it's good to have a firewall (stops hackers).  The best firewall there is happens to be free: Zone Alarm.
>The best firewall there is happens to be free: Zone Alarm.

Depends what type of person you are :p If you're the type who worries about security then it's okay I guess, but for me, it just interferes with everything I do, and it get terribly annoying so I ditched it after a few days (It came with my current laptop) :D
hm i once tried Symantec (norton brand i think) and that interfered with things, but ZoneAlarm never gave me any problems it just does its thing and lets me do mine.  Once you click "Allow always" it will never bug you about that program again.  If you only click "allow once" then yes you'll get bugged a lot.  You can always disable it (only time i disable it is when i'm about to play counterstrike or a game like that).  

That said, firewall prolly isn't so important, whenever i don't have it enabled, i don't notice anything bad happening.  So i'm not sure what it's blocking when it's on but it says it's blocking a lot of hacking attempts.  

If you're using college internet, u don't need a firewall.  But most of you are too young for that :p
>i once tried Symantec (norton brand i think) and that interfered with things

we've got norton antivirus here (a symantec product), and the 2007 version really slowed things down and took up a lot of the computer memory.  i would always turn off about half of the things it checks when i played games, to speed things up (only certain things slowed it down).  but the 2008 version runs much faster, and i can't even tell a difference in speed of the games whether i have antivirus turned off or on, so i leave it on now.

--jason

[Edited by: chillo1983 on Mar 21, 2008 4:53 AM]
that's the antivirus, i'm talking about firewall. Or is yours a whole package, antivirus + firewall + other stuff?

i haven't tried Norton's 2008 firewall but the best any firewall could do is equal zonealarm, not surpass it imho, so why pay when you can have an equally good firewall for free.  

Whenever i get a job and money, then i'll buy the full zonealarm just to support their cause lol. 

But speaking of antivirus, if your'e gonna buy an antivirus, i'd recommend Kaspersky.  I tried a few different antiviruses (warezed, including norton and mcafee) and Kaspersky was the smoothest hands down.  But really antivirus isn't important unless u download a lot of stuff from shady sources.  I only run a scan maybe once a year, and for that a free antivirus is sufficient. 

One thing i will NEVER buy is Microsoft Office (until all warez sites are taken down).  There is no reason any software has to cost so much money, when every other software costs 30-50 dollars.  

[Edited by: chillo1983 on Mar 21, 2008 3:16 PM]