« Back to All Topics
Request for Additional Ratings Colours
Hello,
Right now in the game the rating colours go up to red, which begins at 480 points. In older days this was great as higher ratings were not achieved, but now with the rating system with no points tax, ratings are getting high, over 800 and sometimes up to 900 or more. I believe there is not adequate separation between players with red colour in the current ratings colours. A 500-rated player is not near as good as an 800-rated player.
I would like to propose new colours for higher rated players. Right now, the colours go up on an odd number of points. E.g.:
Gray to light blue = 30 points
Light blue to green = 50 points to 80
Green to dark blue = 70 points to 150
Dark blue to yellow = 90 points to 240
Yellow to orange = 110 points to 350
Orange to red = 130 points to 480
I would like to see the following:
Red to white = 150 points to 630
White to black/glowing gold = 170 points to 800
Then anything over 800 would be this final colour of black/glowing gold, or really whichever colour is deemed the most prestigious.

Let me know your thoughts, players and moderators. Thanks for your time.
🙃
❤️
That's a good idea. This makes sense!
Edited by <unknown author>
❤️
😮
🙃
👍 Yes indeed, this makes sense!
❤️
😮
🙃
--Seems Really Interesting I Agreed with you! .The rating system needs a bit change--

Sincerely,
KANE/coolru
❤️
🙃
I like your suggestion as well!
❤️
😮
🙃
Good idea. The range from 480 to 990 (the highest achieved here) is not at all distinguished here color wise.
😮
I am not sure about this idea. This only encourages more rating boosting strategy. 
Beating the best players in the game is more fun than boosting ratings.

Besides, I think all true 600+ players know who are the real deals and color differentiation won't change much anyway.
😮
Following your logic, Mark, - no colors needed at all? Just ratings will do? But the point here to improve
 already existing color system.
The only problems I can see in this initiative - other FOD games will also want the same (consensus needed), and secondly
 - there should be shift/change in a colors names.
In billiards they have 15 different colours, from 15 ball to 1 ball. Curling has only 7. Doesn't seem right?
🙃
Or the best, I think, to make the ranges change SHIFT as it was done for instance in Backgammon. I’ve asked guys in the Backgammon forum. This way even Mark might agree
Edited by Ryope
What about this shift? 0 - 49 -Novice (gray); 50 - 119 – Amateur (light blue); 120 - 209– Intermediate (green); 210 - 319 – Advanced (dark blue); 320 - 449 – Professional (yellow); 450 – 599 – Talent (orange); 600 – ∞  - Wizard (red).
Sure, I think that would be fine too.
🙃