« Back to All Topics
program breaks
Posted in 
Four in a Row
program breaks
Posted in 
Four in a Row
program breaks
I know there have been a few threads on this in the past, but here goes...

Knowing good prog breaks is perfect for gambling with noobs in real life. They get so caught up in reading that the prog has "perfect play" you usually can get 10-1 odds on just getting a draw, much less a win, so there's your motivation. 

Also, many of the breaks posted in older forums have been corrected in the programs it seems.

The most recent version of mustrum that seems to be available for download is 2.0.4. I have 2 confirmed breaks that win for 2nd player, and another one that draws. Is there a more recent version that fixed the bugs? Any breaks that I missed?

Velena: old breaks dont seem to work, does anyone know any?

Titot: Dont know any

Via: Simply the best, no breaks

The most recent version of Mustrum is 2.0.6 and it's downloadable from the German Mustrum site. I know 8 breaks against 2.0.4 (4 draws and 4 wins) and 2 breaks against 2.0.6 (1 win and 1 draw). There are probably many more breaks to find! =P

I'm not sure the original Velena (the DOS-version) is breakable, but there's a flaw in the Velena engine that other programs use, i.e. titot's velena engine. I know 2 breaks for the flawed velena engine (1 win and 1 draw).
there is so many for mustrum 2.04

i have around 6 win breaks and around 8 draw breaks, most are just variations of the original breaks found.

New mustrum 2.06 has one definite break that works all the time, its a draw, i have a few other breaks that draw too, however these work vaery rarely, as mustrum seems to change its play once it has been broken by these.

Old via has two breaks 1 win 1 draw, but guliano has since corrected these, he reliably informs me ;)

Titot plays so many ways that there are so many breaks, (on perfect) you have to have real strong antis to break it, there is some antis which freeze it, the simple 1 being: 4,4,4, 2 or 6 depending if titot goes 3 or 5, this freezes it for a long time so would work on a site like FOD, but again as titot learns it depends how many times titot has played vs this anti. first few times it would be around 50 secs, but after a while it shortens to around 10 sec. 

i will post more titot breaks and freezes later when i find them. (these would only work once or twice).

and vianiato is just a devil thanks to johann :p and jops for creating such a beast, should you come across a vianaito user, you could b cheeky and ask them to put it on player to player, that way they would see the lamps at the bottom and could still win, however, if they have not made sum adjustment to vianaito in options then you can beat the person as on player vs player, not all the lamps show up, for example, some columns would stay blank and some would come up with a winning move (white), draw (yellow) or loss (red). this way you can beat some people. i.e. tansu likes to use vianaito occasionaly here, i asked him to set it to player vs player whilst playing, and i broke the schlect spieler ;).

As for Conny (2006) pre release, no breaks for it, andreas did good job, but you can freeze it, i wont divulge freezes for it as not many have it.

And Thats Jon Lynches comprehensive guide to programs in question.
Variations don't count! ... or do they? =D I didn't count them anyway. =P
competeing for no. of breaks ;) id count variations, program users are generally so stupid they would fall for a variation of an anti used on them before.
break program :
conny lX 3000 = no break
vianiato-4D = no break 
mustrum 2.06 = 3563675445443621277171
titot = no break
velena widows = 53235143267776
connect-four 3d = no break
that's what i am know it lol :D ;)