« Back to All Topics
Superbowl 2006
Posted in 
Off-topic
Superbowl 2006
Posted in 
Off-topic
Superbowl 2006
American Football, pfff. Well, seeing as my closest NFL team are in the Superbowl, I might as well express my support for them (or risk the wrath of my family). GO SEAHAWKS, GO! Anyone supporting the other side (whoever they are)? Well, come (whenever it is) you're going to be disappointed 'cos Seattle's going to win :D

Maybe.

Can anyone explain what a "declined penalty" is to a bemused Londoner? Also, why do they never use lateral passes before they get tackled?
i personally think the steelers are gonna win. but i wish u good luck anywayz. GO STEELERS!!!
beppe i always thought you were english so why are you supporting american football???as for football i know nothing about american football but i do know the best football team in the world are manchester united.
Who are currently 2nd in prem, soon to be 3rd, drew with burton albion and out of the champions league.

And thats coming from a Man Utd fan, ghost, you need to start accepting that United have slipped, 3 seasons with nothing to show.
Uk there second string team drew to burton albion.
i have to agree with UK on this one we are rubbish nowadays and where we might have an average team so do the rest of the premiership
I am English Whiteghost, as you can see from the post I don't know much about American football. I do however live about 3 hours drive from Seattle right now (not including stops for the border and speeding tickets).

Look at you people hijacking this post with 
soccer
 answers X-(

BWG, typically disagrees with me :p. It will be a close game - you have two cindarella teams on top form and it could go either way. The hype around here is obviously backing Seattle, so I'm going to have fun with everyone else around me whatever the result.

FYI English soccer fans, the Superbowl creates a bigger atmosphere that the FA Cup final. No Englishman in their right mind would find an excuse to miss one of the year's biggest drinking opportunities!
declined penalty
 - It's like the advantage rule in soccer.  You may of got tripped but your team has a breakaway, I'm sure you don't want them stoppin the play so you can get a little free kick.

Also, why do they never use lateral passes before they get tackled?
 - They don't because they don't :p If I'm behind you and you didn't lateral the first 100 times I'm not exactly expecting the lateral this time.

SuperBowl XL is going to Pitt, they just have more stars than Seattle dose.

The SuperBowl does create quite a stir around the county. Most people will be attending a SuperBowl party even if their team missed the playoffs + the 2 Million Dollar Comercials ;)

Snipe
Thanks for the explanations, but I still feel that teams could use the pass to their advantage more ofen. They are professionals, they should be waiting for it even if it takes 100 plays before being played.

>SuperBowl XL is going to Pitt, they just have more stars than Seattle dose.

Want a $ bet? Loser pays $1 into a charity tin?
ill make bets. :D beppe let me knoe gratefulsoul85@yahoo.com
Nah, I can trust snipe but I don't know you from adam.
Sure why not I have a stack of quarters here.

1$ says pitt over seattle :p

Snipe
ill do $5 for steelers againt seahawks. thats my bet.
steelers will win the superbowl ;) no doubt about it.  but this is comming from a proud guy from pittsburgh so what do i know:p
You're on Snipe.

I get the feeling the Seahawks are the underdogs then :|
Yes, according to Vegas only 4 points though

Come on whichever team Seattle is (Seahawks I think)! Stadium looked very nice when I was outside it in the summer and such a lovely city is deserving of the Superbowl crown.
the city and highways up here are gonna be packed   tryin to get in. lol. and our hotels would be packed all the way from detroit to lansing. 
go steelers! w00t. so much superbowl hype at my school