« Back to All Topics
draw by repetition
Posted in 
Chess
draw by repetition
Posted in 
Chess
draw by repetition
 I think Fly or Die, should somehow incorporate this rule in the programme. Often a player who is short on time will play for a draw, and it might be a draw, or book draw, but an opponent will refuse to accept, because they know they will win on time. What do you think???
Hello everyone,
I am very surprised when I was playing in eurosport chess server 2 or 3 days ago. I was in zeitnot (actually blitz game is conceptually a zeitnot in my opinion) i had 10 or 15 seconds or something like this. I saw a draw combination and played it. But the game continued after three fold repetition!! I realised "Claim Draw" button winking on the left corner but it was too late. I lost the game and it was a cheap loss I think.

By the way you said "book draw" in the recent replies, but book draw is different from three fold repetition, in blitz games i am against the book draw, since the time optimization is also very important part of the blitz games. But, three fold repetition is as a chess rule a draw.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this server does not notice the three fold repetition

Thank you for your time and patience.

Kh8  
GIRL8, i suggest you learn some english?
I WANT TO PLAY WITH TOTALY SECURITY TO MY RIVAL DONT CAN USE HIS PROGRAM TO PLAY.PLEASE DONT PERMIT PEOPLE USE THEIR PROGRAMS HERE TO PLAY.

Mr. hairypig, sometimes when you are playing a good player, and played more than 40 moves in the allotted time of, say, 18 minutes, and it is a book draw, well, this happens. eg I was watching a game king bishop against a king knight, it is impossible to win for either player, yet one had a few more seconds, and refused to accept the draw. Now, that is unsportsmanship, as both players were 300+ points. Point made?????
r u kidding me? if ur so short on time y did u play the game in the first place. o yea and last time i checked there was blitz chess which is quicker.
they have incorporated this law i had done the same move three times with an opponent and a box said "claim draw"
 Tnx Rains,
 But how to create enough interest??
I think this is a good idea. I’ve played a lot of players who’d just refuse to give up and make the same moves…it really gets on my nerves. :(