Posted in 
Off-topic
PEARL HARBOR (U.S.)
Posted in 
Off-topic
PEARL HARBOR (U.S.)
December 7, 1941
"A date which will live in infamy"

On this day, in an early-morning sneak attack, Japanese warplanes bomb the U.S. naval base at Oahu Island's Pearl Harbor-and the United States enters World War II.

To learn more please visit - 
http://www.historychannel.com/perl/print_book.pl?year=1941&ID=35502

Also visit the TORA! TORA ! TORA! webpage - 
http://www.toratoratora.com/
I just watched ToraToraTora today and Pearl Harbor. Man im a WW2 history freak and i have to say that I already knew all about Pearl Harbor but watching thous movies really gave me a different perspective. Their great movies and really tell the horror of what happened, especially in Pearl Harbor the prat where a bomb penetrates the upper decks of the USS Arizona (the most well known US ship in WW2) a historical moment that was....
 i did a report on pearl harbor last year. The Japanese wanted to destroy the US Navy force because the Navy is the only force that could stop them from invading other countries. But then, Japan is more miserable after the war, an atomic bomb was dropped in Japan which make people have weird babies... today, people from that areas still have weird looking babies... i think thats evil man
While the Japenese were over here in America trying to obtain peace, they did a attack on one of our largest Navy docking place :P. So when they came to talk about peace, they made it like they would never go to war with the US. Then they made a sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. 

On December 7, we honor those men that held some resistence against the Japenese. 
 I think the Japanese suffered more because before or after Pearl Harbor, i dont remember, they lauched an attack and the US knew their plans so... a bunch of Japanese died that day, and plus that atomic bomb in Japan, that killed a bunch of people of that generation and then kill more people on the next generation, and now, people still dying from that 1 bomb. Man, some times i think the US is just evil. We lost a military base and several hundred people, but Japan, they lost part of their army, and they lost a bunch of people living in the area where the bomb was dropped. Heck, why pres. Bush didn't fricking drop an atomic bomb right in the middle of Afghanistan, they screwed up the twin towers, and in the middle of Iraq, they screwed up other countries. 
Don't forget - the Japense were the enemies.
 terrorist are also enemies, Japanese are actually on our side in this conflict against terrorism... even though they have a communism government. I respect that man
I was talking about WW2. But right now - terrorists are the enemy in the world.
how weird is this i was just playing MOH Rising sun on my PS2 then read this :O :O
It was Pearl Harbor day about 3 days ago. Nothing weird about it.
I was at Pearl H,(A wee Scotsman)this year.
It was at the start of the conflict with that bampot saddam. They wouldnt let visitors in,security reasons,but I was still moved to tears.
GOD BLESS THEM ALL.
 if Bush doesn't drop an atomic bomb on Iraq and Afghanistan... i'd vote for Al Gore next year!!
Al Gore isn't running next year. Not even sure he would continue the war on terrorism if he were president.
 I'd vote for whoever willing to drop atomic bomb on iraq and afghanistan!!! forget about the oil
But you have to admit, back in the 1940's technoligy was raw, it was still being developed and air power was a new thing in war. Its not like todays date where we have computers and we know more about science and stuff, plus we didnt really know much about the destructive powers of a nuclear bomb. Back then if someone attacked your country you would attack back in full force and wouldnt care about the dying men, so thats why they dropped the bomb....One thnig I wanna ask, I was watchin the Discovery Channel on ww2 the other day and is said that both Japan and Germany ar restricted to military devices, meaning armies and airforces. They said that why Japan was so rich in money, but im not sure if this is true because Germany has an airforce and a powerfull one, could anyone clarify this for me?
 ...then why we didn't drop a atomic bomb on iraq and afghanistan, they attack our country first, we can just ATTACK in full force, i wouldn't mind... instead, i'd be rooting for it
I agree sangman. Who cares if they call me a war tyrant. Nuke them scumbags!!
okay, we bomb the crap out of Afghanistan using atomic bombs and what's the result? Innocent lives perishing within the explosions.  If you had kids and were living in Afghanistan how would you feel being bombed when you're just an innocent bystander trying to live?  It's this kind of self-destructive mentality that will put an end to humankind.  Also if we bombed them,  a whole chain reaction might explode, like for instance,  north vietnam might send their atomic arsenal to south vietnam and just wipe them out.  We would be sending the message that it is ok to bomb the crap out of our enemy's to other countries.  
I'm not saying it's ok to nuke them but I do agree with the strategic plans of bombing ONLY terrorists' locations.
Yes Brodie only the terrorist locations, like up in the mountains where Osoma and his taliban were suspected to be hiding out.