« Back to All Topics
Anticlimax in Thord-Artin
I've managed to get to Thord-Artin at level 27, but looks like there's not much there for me yet. Can't buy a house, supply-tent is pointless, no missions, haven't found any advantages over Larkinor. Ran into a monster which would surely have one-shot me if it had a ranged attack, and decided to set sail for home.

VERY anticlimactic after spending 5 mil on a boat.

Or did I miss something? Is there any reward for getting to Thord-Artin at my levels? What happens if I die in Thord-Artin, do I wake up back in Larkinor? When will I be able to buy a house? Is fighting the monsters on the few squares which are left plus building in adjacent squares the only thing that's really different compared to Larkinor? Does stealing (from NPC) in Thord-Artin provide a larger return? Is digging any different? Anything else that I can look forward to, after being quite disappointed by my foray to this island?

Thanks
You probably can't splat until at least level 30 so I wouldn't worry about trying to kill anything for now.  Get a digger there, find a square without enemy spawns to make uber money.

This FAQ has more info.  
https://larkinorguide.com/cgi-bin/faq.cgi?cid=7#G
  (Can't remember if links are okay in the forums, sorry if not)
Thanks for answering. I will try to get my digger there.

I've read the guide - my questions above are not really addressed there, except #69 gives a hint.

- Do you know what criteria I need to meet so I can buy a house?
- Will I wake up in Larkinor if I die in Thord-Artin and have no house there?
Houses and missions are not a thing on TA to my knowledge.  You will wake up in your house on Larkinor if you die on TA.
Stealing from NPCs on TA gives you diamond nails in addition to money so it's more profitable than doing the same thing on Larkinor :)

Same with digging, you get oreputties (if your luck is high enough) plus whatever you happen to dig up.
Thanks for adding some detail. And you're actually referring to stealing, or is it only robbing (not available for non-subscribers) which is awarding diamond nails? 

In this description it sounds more like it's just when you rob houses, not stealing from people on the street... 
https://larkinorguide.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?act=one&iid=248
I meant stealing from the drop-down menu (i.e. from the NPCs), not from other players (I remember reading somewhere in the forum that that's frowned upon so I haven't done that on TA at all). 
I tried robbing (also from the drop-down menu) but it didn't work on TA.
So yes, the oreputty is definitely a game changer for the digger. With 50 luck on a Level 22 digger, Thord-Artin makes me nearly 1000 silver a click, and probably around 60% of that is due to oreputties. Add to that no wasted clicks on monster evasion or tending to calamities, and it's a digger's bonanza💰😎!