« Back to All Topics
Ability of Giving up an ongoing match score (Not the entire match)
Posted in 
Checkers
Posted in 
Checkers
Hi.Im a premium member and almost always play 5 point matches of bakgammon.There is a big issue in my book that i must say it needs to be changed.Players resign a single game when the cube is turned to 2 (have the cube on 2 ) . And they lose a single point for this.In some games it is acceptable , where i haven't closed out 4 points of my board yet (eventhough they are 80+ pips down , it can turn into a backgame with their 2-3 blots in the bar.But on the other hand in some games,they are trapped on my duece or ace point,and i have split my backcheckers with either their bar point and 4 point open , or their 5 point , which mean i have a very big shot of bringing my checkers home .They don't have any development in their mid either.For 5 times the last 3 days,players have stolen 2 extra point wins in a single game of mine just by resigning.It is unfair and gamebreaking in a 5 point match imo.In other famous backgammon sites you have to play each game out until the end,or you resign the entire match.My suggestion is to do it this way on here too , otherwise you create such a noob friendly environment and draw real players away which want to climb the ladder , and i havent even mentioned the sudden swing of luck in games where players get such suitable rolls based on the situation on the board out of nowhere.Something strange about the dice , or maybe even an assistance to weaker players sometimes could be claimed but that is ok compared to the single game resignation issue i pointed out.