« Back to All Topics
BIG ego problems
Posted in 
Billiards
BIG ego problems
Posted in 
Billiards
BIG ego problems
I struggle to make shots thus my rating is always at 0. I keep getting these high rated players (300, 400, 500 and higher)challenging me for some reason. They always have to let me know that they WILL win and I have no chance plus a lot of other comments.  I tell them to go pick on somebody your own size. Why do they have such BIG ego problems?  What's wrong with being nice? Then some will purposely miss shots until I get down to the 8 ball and then run the table to show me who's boss and the give the LoL (when I was young about 70 years ago LoL meant "Lots of Luck)thing.  If I concede they sometimes "watch" me on my next games and leave comments about being afraid to lose to them.  Then sometimes when I decline a high rated player's challenge the comments begin about being afraid to lose or something like that. Just have to ignore them.
Great Advice!  Thank you.  I especially like where I can mute them.  That will come in handy.  Didn't know I could do that.

Yes,just ignore them..or mute them,you can do this by the following,click mouse on their nick/name,a symbol ( red circle with a red line running diagonally thru it)will appear,this is what's called the "mute" button,click on that and the player will vanish from view :).

Also,try practicing alone in practice room occassionaly,don't strike the cue ball too hard,give the object ball a chance to go in the pocket instead of blasting it around the rails/cushions like some do.

Fine aim = use this option when lining up a shot,when you think you are at the correct angle @ by following the tip of the cue to the cue ball to object ball to pocket,scroll back to distance and check that the angle of the butt/handle end of the cue is in line to the tip/aiming position for the shot,then click on path button,and that will show you how accurate you were to the shot you were going to play :) gl.