« Back to All Topics
HOLIDAY SPLAT COMPETITION
g'day all.  it's that time again.  the holidays are just around the corner, and rumour has it the usual holiday bonus clicks will likely happen from christmas, for 10 days (bringing it to about january 3rd).  and with the clicks... comes another competition so you can use them up.

right now, it's just time to collect character names (and info), to set up teams.  figure out who you want to play in the competition with, post their name, level, current clicks, and current splat (just so i can try to make somewhat even teams).

we're up to a 40 million silver pot already for the winning team (or, depending on number of teams, possibly splitting between top 2 or 3 teams).  thomas, lilgyp, and i are all contributing 10 mil, if memory serves me right... and i've heard another is giving 10 mil, but i forget who.

--jason
I'm definitely in! I've got three characters that are able to splat but only want to put in one (the other two aren't ready for the big boys yet).

BAM!

level: 35 
Clicks: 10000
Splat: 5800

-PMF

Jason, not sure if you have lilgyp mixed up with myself as I said I am happy to chip in 10 mill.

I have 2 chars for the comp.

Dude wif a hat lvl 94, 40K clicks, 46185 splats
Kenny's dad lvl 75, 40k clicks, 64625 splats

~Tour
Ooh, splat competition!  I'll donate another 10 mil; I'm sure with bonus clicks my diggers will be making more than that anyhow.  I'm in with 4 characters:

Kristallmond, lvl 52, ~5k clicks, 24108 conquest
Dunkelstern, lvl 54, ~5k clicks, 33003 conquest
Donnerschlag, lvl 56, ~4k clicks, 34815 conquest
Blumschatten, lvl 58, ~4k clicks, 38435 conquest
Tour, no, Jason got it right... I'm offering 10 mill for the pot...  he just FORGOT you!  :P

I'm in with two chars:

Lord Nem level 45 has 27,148 clicks, 12,517 splat
Lady Aiata level 42 has 13,538 clicks, 8,391 splat
Having posted that, I also feel the need to point out (for equity's sake) that while I plan on contributing, I will be in Europe during the competition and I don't know how often I'll be able to splat...
sorry tourist, i thought it was you, but didn't want to put the name out there in case i got it mixed up with someone else.  anyway... pot's now at 50 million silvers.

please enter characters into the competition by the end of monday, so i have two days to create teams (in case i'm busy one of them).  teams will be announced by christmas eve, as well as full rules, starting splats, and official start and end of competition.

--jason
yay double-posting... 
the following two will be in the competition for me:
only pers, lvl 74, 40k clicks, 23.1k splat
only speed, lvl 71, 40k clicks, 21.5k splat

--jason
I'm in..I'll play with Dharga.

Level 51, 27K clicks, and 8000 cplats thus far.

I'll also put up 10 mil from Shoveloff for the winners.
I have been very busy at work for the last few months but I will try as much as I can with Agro, Agro2² and Wizzo.

Let's get it on...... :)
Secretary would also like to join the comp. He can't get into the forum though, so I have agreed to post on his behalf. I will post his chars when I get them.

~Tour

Secretary's chars he wishes to enter

Name     Level  Clicks   Conquest
 Tyre      100    34346    10116
 Jubal-O   76     37709    25769
 Jubal-m   73     39898    29250
 Hishsyer  84     38371    37417

20 December 2008,    12:45 pm  EST

~Tour
* Sec would also like to add 10 mill silvers to the pot.
I'll find some time to splat too

Big Boo lvl 89 ~8500 clicks and ~62k splat
Dr. Boo lvl 52 ~40k clicks and ~18.5k splat

Probably won't get through all those to hit Little Boo, so I won't enter her
as i'm sure there are more than have entered so far... i'll extend the deadline a few hours.  pass the word around chat, msn, or wherever else you know fellow splatters.

deadline for entering is being extended to noon EST on tuesday (that's just over 15 hours from the time of this post).

--jason
slop The Vanquisher in. 
clicks - ever decreasing
splats - 103700 and counting.
Ok, here is a small band of fledging splatters that might be seen as a handicap to any team. They did not plan to take part, but since there is a shortage of entries:

EasyGoing, EasyMa, EasyBalanc, EFigh
Levels: 31-34 (they need ~1100-1200 clicks for 100 splats)
Clicks: ~20000 altogether for now

EG
I will make one last appeal to FOD....

Please please please enable level 100 equipment!!!  I really hate splatting with my level 100 fighters. Arti will hit level 100 just after xmas.

Don't penalize me, Jason, Ralph, Secretary, Jag, D, Sandy and others for getting to level 100!!

Are we just supposed to quit and leave?

ok, so it's time to get the ball rolling.  first, i'd like to ask someone to copy the entire splat toplist for me (thomas or someone else?).  it can be copied any time between now and tomorrow morning.  please post when it's copied.

THE OFFICIAL START TIME OF THE COMPETITION IS WHENEVER THE POST HAPPENS THAT STATES THE SPLAT TOPLIST HAS BEEN COPIED

teams have been made so no person is on more than two teams, and each team is composed of 5-6 characters, from a total of 3 or 4 players.

more entries will still be accepted until this coming sunday night.  if you still want to enter, please post in this thread.  depending on how many still want to enter, monday i will either add another team (or more), or simply add to existing teams).

for now, the winnings will be split between the top two teams (pending adding another team next monday or not):
1st place team will split 50 million silvers
2nd place team will split 20 million silvers

teams are as follows:

Team 1:
Catilian
Pelodipas
Dunkelstern
Donnerschlag
Agro
Agro2

Team 2:
Artimas
Jubal-M
Hishsyer
Lord Nem
Lady Aiata
BAM

Team 3:
Tyre
Jubal-O
Big Boo
Dr. Boo
EasyBalanc
EFigh

Team 4:
Vanquisher
Kristallmond
Blumschatten
EasyGoing
EasyMa
Dharga

Team 5:
Dude wif a hat
Kenny's Dad
Only Persistance
Only Speed
Wizzo

please post encouragement/progress in your own team's thread.  post any questions/comments/concerns in this thread.

--jason
so, i missed some details.  time to post again.

i know some people are splatting for 2 teams.  ideally, you'd like both teams to win top 2, so you get as much money as possible.  i realize, some might only splat with people on one team, but try to keep it fair for your teammates on the other.

also, ralph will be moving winnings around, however, he is leaving for vacation in january, and will not have much time to sort through things, so we'll have to make it as easy as possible for him... otherwise, people might have to wait a few weeks after the competition end before money is dealt with.

donators: (me, thomas, lilgyp, tourist, ezekial, dhargaman, secretary), please state the account and char where money will come from (dharga, i know you've done it already), and please have the money in that char's BANK account asap (if ralph could remove all the monies before the competition ends, that would be helpful).

winners: closer to the end of competition, i may post more details.  but winnings will end up in the banks of each character on the winning teams, unless stated otherwise (within the last few days, people expected to win money can request otherwise).

last of all... i didn't post when the competition ends.

OFFICIAL END OF COMPETITION IS SUNDAY NIGHT, JAN 4TH, AT MIDNIGHT

toplist will hopefully be copied as close to this as possible.  winning teams will be announced monday.

--jason
The conquest top-list has been saved as of 12:15 pm EST

Let the games begin!!
Money can be taken from Moonshadow on the account drwho8 again (note the quite lovely capitalization of her name :p).
Go ahead and take the silver from lilgyp's account, as she pretty much stole and robbed all that cash from other players (suppose it's only fair it gets distributed back to them by some means!)... lest I be accused of being an unfair little gypsy, always robbing, never giving...
Could you take or "add" :p money from Kenny's dad's bank account please. Good luck to everyone.
my 10 mil can be taken from jason_kroeker2 account, simply digging's bank account.
--jason
Thomas...... any chance of an update of the actual standings? it is difficult to get an estimate from the single team threads.

HNY & thanks.
quick update on teams, based on what people have posted as their splats, plus asking thomas about his char's (which haven't been posted, but i know he's been splatting)... all values rounded to nearest 100, since they are only estimates:

team 1: 8300
team 5: 7600
team 4: 5700
team 2: 4700
team 3: 3600

so... there's quite a split, but there's still about 5.5 days left to splat.  it's still anyone's game.

to help out, jess said she wants in the competition.  so i'll be adding one of her char's to each of the bottom two teams.
team 2, you now get shanaine.
team 3, you now have majawa.
and all jess's splats from competition start to now will be in the final tally (though they're not in the totals above).

--jason
i will be posting unofficial totals in each team thread shortly.  however, these are the difference between the splats as of when i post them, and the competition start, so if anyone has splatted between midnight (EST) last night, and now, the result will be inaccurate.  thomas was to have copied the splat list at around midnight, so if/when i get/see that list, official results will be posted.
--jason
Does anyone have an idea when the money will get sorted? A couple of my charcters need money badly at the moment..... 

Thanks to all donators (I have chars in team 1 and 5... :) )
sorry 'bout this all... i haven't forgotten.  ralph went on vacation the day after the competition ended, and i haven't gotten around to asking luna or v to transfer monies.  i've been fairly busy as well, and still haven't gotten official numbers from thomas (who copied the list at the right time... my numbers were from the next morning).  i will try to get this all sorted out by wednesday or thursday.  if you need money before that, ask to borrow from someone in chat (or on msn), to have it paid back to them when the competition monies are distributed.
--jason
So.... Agro and Agro2² should get about 8 mil each and Wizzo should get about 1,7mil..... 
When is this going to happen????
Here let me help you: donators
-lilgyp -10mil
-simply digging -10mil
-Moonshadow -10mil
-Shoveloff -10mil
-char of Secretary's choosing -10mil
-char of Thomast's choosing -10mil

if monies are to be split evenly among members of winning teams:
-Kenny's dad +10mil
-Only Persistance +10mil
-Only Speed +10mil
-Wizzo +10mil
(I'm in favor of kicking Cat off team 1 as he didn't splat :p, plus it makes this math a lot easier)
-Pelopidas +4mil
-Dunkelstern +4mil
-Donnerschlag +4mil
-Agro +4mil
-Agro2 +4mil

Alternatively, money can be distributed proportionally according to the only splat numbers I have access to (not the 'real' ones that are floatig around somewhere):
-Kenny's dad +26.971mil
-Only Persistance +3.480mil
-Only Speed +2.772mil
-Wizzo +6.777mil
-Pelopidas +1.000mil
-Dunkelstern +3.601mil
-Donnerschlag +3.624mil
-Agro +6.028mil
-Agro2 +5.747mil

I don't really care which way.  I'm just kind of hoping that I didn't waste 1mil in bank fees for nothing.  Spread the wealth.