« Back to All Topics
Connect 4 (All in One)
Posted in 
Four in a Row
Connect 4 (All in One)
Posted in 
Four in a Row
Connect 4 (All in One)
Hello everyone and welcome to the forum where I have put everyone's ideas together for 
Connect 4

Advice For People Just Starting Out In Connect 4

This game is solved, if red, you will always win only if you play perfectly.

When Red, you always want to start at row 4. If you start anywhere else then the other player who is blue which has a better chance of winning depending on who you play. For instance, if you play a grandmaster, you will 100% lose if you don't go row 4 on your first move. But if you play a lower rating then he/she can make mistakes and you might have a chance to win but over all just go row 4.... on your first move as red.

Program Bugs

Program bugs is where a computer program makes mistakes.

Here are some breaks for mustrum
:
(Play this when blue) ßy: jer0me

ßy: Konstodane

This one is also a mustrum break but it's a little confusing ;)

I have a new mustrum bug but it's too confusing, because mustrum play's a lot of diferent way, but if you want it come up to me and tell me your email.

If someone uses playground

1 or 7
depends if you go 1 or 7 if you go 
1 go 5
if
7 go 3 
Then it's red's turn and they freeze making blue win 

If someone uses Velena

4 5 //it doesn't work if you go 3, strange as that is
2 3
2 2
3 3
4 5
1 1
4 4
4 3
3 2
6 6
7 7
2 7
7 7
You can finish it from there. 

Connect 4 Players

SteelDragon
The New Mike
fstal86 
Nameless
Muggaz
Oldtimes
Jer0me
God has Given
JPC Wizard
The Blue Devil
Siemm
Spyders
Garfield

These are the top connect 4 players.....

Improvements

I believe there should be different sizes for the connect 4 tables like 
8 by 7
 or anything else FlyOrDie can come up with.

I also believe there should be different rooms for fair players and (still get points) and then a non-rating room so people can practice, but still not lose any points.

What if there could be different color marbles for connect 4?

The players can pick his favorite color and then start the game.

Please any comments???

Let's make this site better

FOR CONNECT 4
 ;)
Mike, that list. You forgot to mention those are the TOP PROGRAMMERS. The best is $ocom.1 ;) Remember it always :D
omg ty mike this helped me so much u could just send people the program u use mike 
mike ur sad u just went to program bugs from fstals post and paisted it doesnt work on 3 because velnas a auto playing program fastest program because it only has one style titot caused a bug in velna making it to lose like that.

Sparky
> 
 Connect 4 Players

> 
> SteelDragon
> The New Mike
> fstal86 
> Nameless
> Muggaz
> Oldtimes
> Jer0me
> God has Given
> JPC Wizard
> The Blue Devil
> Siemm
> Spyders
> Garfield
> 
> These are the top connect 4 players.....
> 

LOL u forgot about Mc Deadly ;)
Advice For People Just Starting Out In Connect 4

This game is solved, if red, you will always win only if you play perfectly.

When Red, you always want to start at row 4. If you start anywhere else then the other player who is blue which has a better chance of winning depending on who you play. For instance, if you play a grandmaster, you will 100% lose if you don't go row 4 on your first move. But if you play a lower rating then he/she can make mistakes and you might have a chance to win but over all just go row 4.... on your first move as red.

This advice is basically worthless. The information is barely remotely good, it's no more good than knowing one first move. Anyone who's not too stupid would easily figure out you should make your first move in the middle if you're the starter.

The information is not completely correct either. Firstly, many grandmasters doesn't know perfect anti play against starts in (e.g., the second and sixth row). Secondly, starts with the third and fifth row are drawn games at perfect play.

Program Bugs

Program bugs is where a computer program makes mistakes.

Here are some breaks for mustrum:
(Play this when blue) ßy: jer0me

ßy: Konstodane

This one is also a mustrum break but it's a little confusing

I have a new mustrum bug but it's too confusing, because mustrum play's a lot of diferent way, but if you want it come up to me and tell me your email.

Which one of those games is the confusing one? I see nothing confusing about them. I assume you don't have the answer since it's probably copied from some other topic. Post the other mustrum breaks as well, no matter how "confusing" they are. 

I'll contribute too. Here's an anti I found back in the days when I practised with Mustrum; 422354444222676666456251333313.
This might not work against everyone's mustrum. I once told one of my friends this anti and he said his mustrum didn't play like mine, yet we had the same version and settings, at least that's what he told me. I use version 2.0.4 standard settings, and it breaks mine.

Unfortunately my memory isn't the best. I used to know more mustrum breaks... Hm, though they were from version 2.0.2 and 2.0.3, which probably were easier to break. =P

If someone uses Velena
4 5 //it doesn't work if you go 3, strange as that is
2 3
2 2
3 3
4 5
1 1
4 4
4 3
3 2
6 6
7 7
2 7
7 7
You can finish it from there.

The Velena I have doesn't get broken against that anti. Mine plays:
4 5
2 3
3 3
4 5
1 1
4 4
4 3
4 3
6 6
7 7
6 ...

TOP Connect 4 Players

SteelDragon
The New Mike
fstal86
Nameless
Muggaz
Oldtimes
Jer0me
God has Given
JPC Wizard
The Blue Devil
Siemm
Spyders
Garfield

These are the top connect 4 players.....

Firstly, those nicks are two players' (three if we count you) opinions.
Secondly, you're missing out many players from other sites than flyordie.

Personally I think you should've waited a couple of weeks at least, until a few more players had given their opinions. And since you ignored the fact that there are good players elsewhere than flyordie, you should've named it (e.g., "top connect-4 players at flyordie"). I'd also like to see a motivated list, but that might be too much to ask for. =P

Improvements

I believe there should be different sizes for the connect 4 tables like 8 by 7 or anything else FlyOrDie can come up with.

I also believe there should be different rooms for fair players and (still get points) and then a non-rating room so people can practice, but still not lose any points.

What if there could be different color marbles for connect 4?

The players can pick his favorite color and then start the game.

Please any comments???

Let's make this site better FOR CONNECT 4

I agree, other board sizes would be fun.

I don't see the point with having a room for "fair players", who defines a fair player? Most unfair players probably believe they are fair players. A room with unrated games only is in my opinion superfluous. It has been proven on other sites that such rooms are basically always empty anyway. An empty room is not very tempting to enter. Hm, maybe the unrated rooms on the other sites were mostly empty because there was an option to play unrated in the regular room as well. Well, they could just add that option to flyordie as well. Anyway, if you play as a guest the games are unrated, right?

Different colors is kind of superfluous too.

An anti-cheating system would be awesome. Similar to certus' anti-cheating system.

Removed animations, which would lead to faster games. I can barely stand the slow animations at flyordie.

An option which would allow the users to choose a time limit. 10 minutes is way too much in my opinion.
WOW I hate when people mess up good threads..... If yall are so *** picky then I make it really good and I'm going to ask moderators if I dont like something that is written I want them to delete it. So Sparky and Killing Power don't write crap about me and then act all nice to me in Flyordie it gets irnoriging....
who would act nice to such an idiot like mike
what r u talking about i never act nice to u any where ur thread is crap so theres alot of crap to right about.

TY
-Sparky
Hades is D-dog trying to make him look better ;)
yes mike i am trying to make my self "look better" compared to u i think i look more then better. 

-Sparky
and im not hades he only wishes he was me
lool yeah i wanted to go but i couldent woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo