« Back to All Topics
Market Opportunity with various Mail Shirts!
Items such as emerald mail shirts, ruby mail shirts, chainmail underwear and even dragonproof sheepskins are usually quite plentiful. The monsters carrying them are quite common, especially for players in the upper 20s to early 30s. I believe many of these end up getting sold in the store. Recently however, due to several players leveling, these items are in high demand. Therefore, this is both a request and an advertisement. 

As a request, more of these items are needed. As an advertisement, these items will generate more profit in the market than in the store. I, for one, and likely several other players would gladly pay 100% or more for some of these items when needed. 

There is a bit of a warning here though, do not try "cornering" the market on these items. Several players may team up and bump your stash to your house. Some of those will be lost, and the others will likely be robbed. As someone who has good experience with the larki market offer that playing with commodity prices is risky and generally yields meager returns. As a better idea, consider making useful items and selling them for a modest, but reasonable markup. 
i have one char that gets spells consistently anymore...but the higher char did stockpile a little between 50-100 of each spell...just in case i guess.  Hopefully that my other char will get some to keep market prices down on the spells at least.
i had very large piles of spells just a month ago.  in fact, i had so many spells, i often had over 1/2 the market supply at the time, because i was trying to corner the market.  though not in the way people often think.  i was trying to corner the market to keep spells down at 50%.  i had 4 or 5 char's who would get a lot of them from monsters, then all list them at 50%... and it was convenient too, because they were always available for market-banking.
unfortunately, 2 of those char's have been on TA fighting for the last 3 weeks, 1 has stopped seeing most monsters dropping spells since he's too high of a lvl, and the others i haven't had time to click anymore.  so there goes the supply of spells to the market... hopefully aa and others can pick up that, and eventually get them all back down to 50% for us.
--jason
i have a little pile of spells....if anyone needs any get ahold of me on chat...dont want to just post them for fear of repricing :)

-AA [img=
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/264/fightinnish8of.gif
]
if you price any of the shirts being asked for, for 100% (probably even up to 150%), they will go like hotcakes.  of course, if you price at 500%, people will just wait for more to end up on the market.

as for the spells... pricing 60-75% (12000-15000) instead of the 50% (10000) you get at a store... that's a ton of extra profit, and most people needing them will gladly pay that much if they're in need of them.

--jason
if we can't ask horrid prices how are we to make money:)

We also need spells.  With the amount of characters currently in he low and mid 40's, there is a drastic shortage of spells.  Though I would ask that you not charge horrid prices for them.  :p

TeT