« Back to All Topics
grail
Posted in 
Off-topic
grail
Posted in 
Off-topic
grail
contraversial film of the book. the de vinci code will be released in may. If uv read said book, the holy grail is the bible of jesus and or the bibles of the other apostles.

Why would a carpenter of that time(educated jewish man)not write his own words?

For the time it was unherd of for a jewish male to be single and not have children?

Does the painting 'the last supper' actually show the marraige of mary magdoline to jesus and the following betrayals to come?

said orders have over the centuries kept this secret. for those looking this up search 'the priory of sion'.

the grail isnt what u might think.....
Ahh yes, the Priory of Sion is a group which "
poses
" as the same older group known as the Order of Zion (founded during the Middle Ages). Priory of Sion was actually founded in 
. One of its members is 
Pierre Plantard
. He was con-artist and was even jailed for 6 months. In 1942, he had formed the Order of the Knighthood. It was then an order found guilty of conning people. The new group which he founded after is called Priory of Sion. It was initally meant to be 
a service for low cost housing
. Then Pierre wanted to expand this Priory by completely fabricating a new storyline claiming that he (Pierre Plantard) was a direct descendant of the 
Merovingian French Kings
 (you know...King Pharamond, Merovech, Clovis I, Dagobert I, and such.....). 

Also, the Merovingian Kings claim that they are the direct descendants of Jesus, thinking that Jesus and Mary Magdalene got laid and had some kids and thus the lineage was passed down throughout the centuries.....The book "
Da Vinci Code
" talks about this alternate storyline. Soon after, investigators found out that his geneology was in fact, NOT tied to the Merovingian Dynasty, and Pierre himself 
admitted
 that it was all just a fabrication and a forgery of the sort.

As for the original group known as the 
Order of Zion
 (led by some guy named 
Godfroi de Bouillion
) well....it was a group belonging to the military french order known as the 
Knights Templar
(Holy Crusaders) back in the early 
1000 ad
 era. Now historians have been able to trace this group back to the Merovingian Dynasty. Another name for the Order of Zion is the Order of the Rose Cross Veritas (
Rosecrutians
). 

So this brings us to the subject of the Knights Templar. The Knights Templar were a french military order which initially consisted of about 9 Knights. They were to protect the pilgrimage to the "Holy Land" and they were given headquarters located on the 
Temple Mount
 above the ruins of the 
Temple of Solomon
. Whoe gave them their headquarters??? Well that would be 
King Baldwin II
 of Jerusalem. Some historians have traced the roots of the Knights Templar to around 1118 AD; some may point to earlier dates! 

[img=
http://turbo.orthonormal.net/files/templar01.jpg
]

The Knights Templar eventually grew in numbers and gained much respect throughout Europe. They helped in the 
Crusades
, and had fought in many epic battles in Spain and Portugal as well. They helped 
King Louis VII
 of France fight his wars, and they also helped 
Richard the Lion-hearted
 fight his wars. They were given much donations and land properties from European nobility and many European banking elites back in the day. But things eventually changed for the worse. It became very bad for the Knights Templar in the not so distant future, especially during the siege of Jerusalem led by 
Saladin
 in the latter years of 1100 AD.

Thus the french ruler named 
King Philip IV
 clamped down on the Knights Templar. 
King Philip IV
 is also known as "Philip the Fair" (why is this, I don't know!). By 
1307 AD
, King Philip IV ordered hundreds of the Templar Knights to be imprisoned, and charged with hundreds of crimes. The Pope back then, who was actually 
Pope Clement V
 ordered the execution of these Templar Knights. Their execution happened on Friday the 13th, on October, 
1307 AD
. This event was where the idea of the number 13 being a symbol of bad luck originated! 

Anyways, some remaining Templar Knights had actually fled to other parts of Europe, such as 
Scotland
. Scotland was a good choice for them as it was a place that was not under the control of the Papacy. The Pope had 
excommunicated Scotland
! Below is a picture depicting the torture and burning of the Templar Knights, issued by the Pope....on 
Friday the 13th

[img=
http://www.ordotempli.org/burn_at_the_stake.jpg
]

In Scotland, the remaining Knights found safe haven in a 15th-century chapel known as 
Rosslyn Chapel
. During this time, they had helped the great Scottish leader 
Robert the Bruce
 in his many epic battles. Legend has it that the Knights Templar have had in possession both the 
Ark of the Covenant
 and the mysterious 
Holy Grail
, and that these holy relics, including many from the early bibilical stories are well hidden deep within the darkest vaults of this 15th-century chapel. As of now, it is just the stuff of legends, since nobody has mounted a mission to search these dungeons today. Below is a photo of Rosslyn Chapel:

[img=
http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/images/picture/rosslynchapel4_full.jpg
]

how do you know so much about everything? ;\
Try wikapedia.com or some other site like google.

Just copy paste and look like a genious.

Snipe
>>>Try wikapedia.com or some other site like google.Just copy paste and look like a genious. 

I'm no genius m8. But I do study a lot. And yes, wikipedia is a good resource, but it isn't the only resource that is required. Also, it's not enough to research these things...one must be able to gain a familiarity with what is being researched. 

Lastly, I didn't copy and paste anything. If you looked at my post, you will see I used several sources for the pictures. They don't just come from one source. Also, notice that I wrote the above information in my own words. 

I'm also Scottish and am familiar with the history of Scotland. Seeing as the above touches upon some of the history of Scotland. It's a shame though that there will always be critics in the forums who will look to bring other down, because they simply are tempted to do so. Oh well...
>>>how do you know so much about everything?

I don't. In order to know the things I know, one must be determined to study as much as I do about the subject that is being discussed. Obviously, I know a great deal about this subject matter. However, this doesn't mean I know many things in other subjects as well. 

Like I said, it's not enough to research and as Snipe ignorantly claims "Copy and paste", as he assumes I did. That's not enough. I understand this subject matter greatly, and it shows in the post above (including the ones in the religious thread). Copying and pasting doesn't give one the ability to understand the subject. Understanding a subject matter takes time and effort, and that can only be achieved through studying.
You inferred that he assumed that you copy and pasted. :) He never said it though. :p

You do tend to know a lot about the subjects brought up on FlyOrDie. Maybe you're just a bookworm. ?:|
>>>You inferred that he assumed that you copy and pasted.  He never said it though.

Nope. He didn't need to. He simply replied to a post that was intended for me. That would then imply that he was responding on my behalf, even if he may not outwardly type it in a direct manner. 

>>>You do tend to know a lot about the subjects brought up on FlyOrDie.

Lately.  You forgot the word "lately". There have been subjects in the past that I never posted in simply because I wasn't familiar with those subjects. Lately however, there have been some subjects of interest.
Come on justin..tellus..just what are u studying mate?..get out there and play football or something..
>>>Come on justin..tellus..just what are u studying mate?..get out there and play football or something..

Sound advice m8, I'll keep those in mind. Well I'm a bit of an information freak. People have different hobbies. Mine just happens to be one that involves studying a lot of things related to world history and such. This isn't a coincidence though, since I am currently pursuing a bachelor's in history. 

Notice I put emoticons in there for sarcasm. ;)

It also was obvious what he implied. :D

Well, you just keep up with your smarts. That's what you must be good at. Whatever floats your boat. :p

Nice night.
Did I post without knowing anything about the poster ?

Yes

Was my " ignorant " assumtion totaly unfounded ?

I would disagree

I do not come on this website with the intention of insulting or bashing any player. That said your post is not quite the typical FlyOrDie forum post. This forum is known mostly for its juvenile inhabitants not for world class philosophers.

Snipe

PS The shorter your post is, the more users that will bother to read past line 3.
>>>PS The shorter your post is, the more users that will bother to read past line 3.

As long as it sticks with the subject matter and is readable enough to anyone who is interested in the subject, I see no problems with it at all. 

If you honestly wanted to participate in this thread, you should have addressed the subject matter instead of criticizing the size of his post. Have you posted anything relevant to the subject matter at all? Since you haven't, and since you may have diverted the thread into an issue of post lengths instead, that would almost seem to be bordering on spam, no offense.

Seriously I don't see the relevance of your comments though. It really does nothing to contribute to this discussion and it almost seems that you may be fussing over nothing. If I see a long and eloquent post that has a lot of educational info in it and is sticking with the thread's central core, I would read it. Ask yourself this, why would one who is interested in a subject matter look at the length of a post instead of the relevant content that it provides?

Maybe because of the juvenile crowd that occupies the majority of this forum, as you say, that many would not want to read it. However choosing not to read Justin's posts is any body's choice, but why should he feel the need to change his style of posting to fit the reading pleasures of others? Only people who are interested in the subject matter would read his posts, regardless of the length, because again, his posts stay consistent with the subject matter at hand.

I think u'll probably remain a bachelor on here mate if u wanna impress the women..the bread and butter on this site wanna hear
about pool..or whatever..not preachers rantin on..

Errr.... I don't think that I'm trying to impress the "women" here. I'm simply trying to contribute to a thread that interests me. What puzzles me is the fact that several posters in this thread have no intention but to go offtopic. 

Seeing that some others here wish to engage in useless offtopic rants instead of the subject matter at hand, I'll simply ignore them and contintue to contribute to this thread, because the thread interests me. And please, don't get the impression that I'm trying to impress the "women" here if I happen to post informative information about the Knights Templar. Perhaps that would be your approach in most discussions, it certainly is not mine....

Back on Topic...

Instead of typing a long post that a particular member here may perceive as unreadable, I'll avoid the risk of confrontation by posting a link that would contribute to this thread: This deals with King Arthur and the Holy Grail....

http://www.greatdreams.com/arthur.
 htm

Woops, link didn't work. Ok now it works, or at least it should work: 
http://www.greatdreams.com/arthur.htm
To each his own..good luck my friend..lol
And i hope u find the holy one..grail that is..womennnnnnn
"What puzzles me is the fact that several posters in this thread have no intention but to go offtopic"

ok i give up,i promise not to intrfere with such a daft topic again..lol 

so i take it that some of u read the davinci code and r wondering if it's real....goo question tho.
>so i take it that some of u read the davinci code and r wondering if it's real....goo question tho.

Good question? How many times must the author tell everyone that the book was fictional for people to stop being so gulliable!
well many believe its real. just saying.
for the love of jeebus. its a good books all i said. like many a good book contraversial.

i only question , never state

and get your own post. stop hyjackin numbhead
stop making fun of jesus you weirdo! jesus loved mary and everyne but he nevr took advantage of ppl. he loved us and he loves even you. 

stop trying to hurt ppl who put faith in jesus

wotever

stop calling him jebus and stop callng mary using bad words. 
I have heard somewhere that the antichrist will emerge from the Arthurian line. That would suggest that Prince William of Windsor will be the antichrist when he takes the throne in the future
>>>I have heard somewhere that the antichrist will emerge from the Arthurian line. That would suggest that Prince William of Windsor will be the antichrist when he takes the throne in the future

Well the British House of Windsor and the Scottish House of Stuart Spencer do claim that they are the direct descendants of King David and therefore, are related to Jesus indirectly. They say that according to the 
Davidic Covenant
, that Queen Elizabeth's genealogy is indirectly connected to Jesus' bloodline, and at the same time, directly connected to the Kings of Scotland, Ireland, Zedekiah, and Solomon...

They call this lineage the "Messianic Royal Bloodline". This is why they consider themselves royalty. Within this "royal" lineage", they believe that 
Prince William Arthur Philip Windsor
 is the 
"
Once and Future King
"
 and is the reincarnation of the Templar Crusader Knight King Arthur (who was killed due to a fatal head strike caused by the death blow from an enemy's morning star...this is said to have happened in the Battle of Camlann). 

They believe that this is their family tree, showing an indirect link to the Messianic Bloodline. Of course their is no real credible proof of their claims, but nevertheless, they insist that they are. 

[img=
http://asis.com/~stag/kingchrt.jpg
]
Another not so well known fact is that Prince William is a distant cousin to U.S. president George W. Bush. Their related ancestry can be traced back to 15th century the Northamptonshire squire Henry Spencer....

Sources:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/netnotes/article/0
,6729,794425,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/find_out/guides/world/us_presidency/newsid_3717000/3717642.stm

http://genealogy.about.com/od/presidents/p/george_bush.htm

http://home.uchicago.edu/~ktupper/
 (source provided by University of Chicago)

Bush/Kerry are also related to Hugh Hefner....

Sources:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/04/politics/main604163.shtml

http://www.familyforest.com/Kerry_Bush_Closer_Cousins.html

There have also been many U.S. presidents who were related to each other...

Source:

http://users.legacyfamilytree.com/USPresidents/cousins.htm

http://kinnexions.com/kinnexions/cousins.htm

With all these not so well known facts being confirmed time and time again, one must wonder about whether everyday people like you and me really have a voice in the greater scheme of things. Are the ruling class put in power through "real" elections or is there something else that is going on, of which we are not being told about?

>Are the ruling class put in power through "real" elections or is there something else that is going on, of which we are not being told about?

I heard that they're trying to establsih a New World Order and what better way to do that but by putting themselves in power. Globalism is growing and this is what they want because it will allow them to control the masses through a single currency system.

The war in Iraq is for oil and this will raise the American dollar value. They want to balance the U.S. dollar with the growing competition from the EU currency. Once these currencies are balanced, the global markets will gain stability. With this new found stability, it will be easier to manipulate the world economy under a single currency system. 

The mission does not end in Iraq and will probably expand to Iran sooner or later. This is all part of the PNAC agenda (Project for a New American Century). I take it that you have heard of this.
>>>This is all part of the PNAC agenda (Project for a New American Century). I take it that you have heard of this.

Yeah...the Project for a New American Century is basically the modernized version of 
Manifest Destiny

FYI, here's the official transcript of Bush Sr. proposing the idea of a New World Order...it was stated in a speech during a Joint session of Congress, on 
September 11
, 1990:

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/war/bushsr.htm