« Back to All Topics
oldies vs newbie challenge
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
ive read a few topics lately that  r saying that new players are much better then old players    well lets just see bout this  i say we get 5 old players vs 5 new players rce to 3 each game and i mean rce to 3 in  9 ball, 8 ball, snooker lite, snooker pro, and it will be all fair no chasing the 9 ball   no foul outs  9 last all fair to the end ne 1 can win by cheap play we r tryin to find the better players ;) we will set up a time when all 10 players can play at same time if at all possible if not we will figure it out  and the winners will be posted here for every1 to see   so thats the challnege so lets get it on ;) ill be the first to be on the list of oldies :p

oldies list 

bobby.b
>and it will be all fair no chasing the 9 ball no foul outs 9 last all fair

No, fair would be to keep the rules as they are in 9 ball. Although chasing the 9 is lame, it's the sign of a skilled player not to leave combos or make 3 fouls in a row. Why should a player with the ability to control a game in this way have to change his or her game for someone who can't? Potting isn't the only skill in 9 ball...

As for you idea - in principle it would be fun to see this happen, but in reality these ideas never get carried out. One extra problem is that of the few old players who still play, most don't take it seriously. Nice idea, and if you are going to try to pull it off then good luck.
nice idea... id go in the new players list :( but i dont think im good enough :(
Simple as this, were good old players, are good new players, were bad old players, are bad new players.
 New players could just be old players under new names though. How long do you have to have been playing to be classed as new.
You will always be classed as new as long as there is an older player.;)
I agree with bob. Yes a while ago the standards were alot lower i agree with that but who was meeting these low standards? the old players, the players who have been here this whole time have only improved and now.. they are the ones meeting the higher standards.. so if this needs to happen in order to shut a few mouths then i say bring it on.. whenever your ready.
Ill add the last 4 players for oldies

me :p
Matt aka meth-tical aka WU-TANG
Hara-Kiri aka elite ownage (H)
Sixers - needs no introduction
Uve no chance with the old guard..finito..
And id suggest to you Beppe..not all people are as technical and er..i forgot what i was going to say..just say it in laymans terms mate in ur post so the common people will know what the heck ur talking about..u dont have to be so precise..
I nderstand everyword u say by the way..after three hours of studying....lol
Okey... I never said anything technical in this thread!
erm i wouldn't class hara kiri as an 'oldie', oldies are people who were here back in 2000 and 2001. during realpool, upa, ybpl league times ;)and maybe during snooker light times.

oldies would be classed as
Stezz
Max
Spence
Matt
Scott
Lee
StunRun
Gooseberrypie
The Omen
Neo Postpool
Pink Floyd
The Golden Child

cant remember anymore :p
Mark Williams was good when I joined, just not subscribed. Was he one of the oldies?
Mark J Williams was class, but there have been loads of people called that, its not exactly unique. 

Depends how old cos there were the really old players, then people like spence and max, then people me, then the newest lot like andy (mostly all muppets).
like me*

I still don't see why this challenge would matter...most the oldest players arn't as good as they used to be, and the ones that are have the unfair advantage of playing longer and are obviously going to be better.

Oh yeh i forgot to mention Mark J williams and The wizard

:p:p fod just ain't the same anymore :(
> fod just ain't the same anymore 
 agreed 

ahhh the days when i wass a (3) :D lol

Languages
English
English
Cymraeg
Welsh
Deutsch
German