« Back to All Topics
Anyone A Golfer?
Posted in 
Off-topic
Anyone A Golfer?
Posted in 
Off-topic
Anyone A Golfer?
Seeing as the Billiards forum is now a joke, I'd just thought I would get away from Billiards topics and ask who in the FlyOrDie community golfs? I've recently found a golf forum where everyone on the forum helps each other, gives advice, answer question etc... 

I don't know if anyone here bothers with the sport but hopefully someone may get a discussion going.
i like tiger woods 05 lol :D
Nah seriously, is anyone?

*I accidentally posted this in Dear Moderators. I went into Off-Topic looking for it. Mistake.*
Golf is boring to play, but alright on the ps2 ;)
i would say exactly the opposite way round?
To be honest, it's the kind of response I expected. So how old are you? 13, 14? Older and your an embarrassment.

I try and ask a suitable question, and already it's been spoilt by the ******* kid that think they're smart. Well played.
Remove the post, ban me, don't care. The posters are a joke, and now this site is a joke!
I golf alot in the summer, I have a membership at a near by course and have been geting better every year.  My best round last summer was 76 can anyone beat that:)

Winston Churchill: 'Golf, the best way to spoil a good walk.'
i honestly  do not get golf. u hit ball, ball goes into hole, u pick up ball, u move on. :/

no, you prefere american football, you hold a ball contrary to the name, and run like a puff to the otherside of the field
well at least its more interesting than hittin a ball into a hole like a dumbnut. theres no point.
>i honestly do not get golf. u hit ball, ball goes into hole, u pick up ball, u move on.

You could write that about any sport. What's the point about swimming? You jump in the water, swim a bit then get out. Golf is one of the most difficult games to master in that every single part of your body has to be controlled to do it at the highest level. Anyone who has ever played golf understands the complexity of the game - to really understand you have to learn the basics and play it. Like most other sports competing is fun, but golf has the added extra it's challenging even if you play on your own.
oh so u think swimming is easy?! y dont u try swimmin 10 miles then see how u feel! it is NOT easy. the techinique has to be perfect and the speed has to be with it also. like i said it is NOT easy. if u watch the olympics or watever station shows swimming, ull see wat i mean.
No BWG, read what I said again.
he didnt say anything bad about swimming:) just proved that you could say it about any sport, personally i love swimming:p
oh i know wat ur sayin but i just dont get golf. swimming is complex and hard, but really easy if uve done it for a while.
Golf is more complex and difficult to play well, whilst swimming relies more on stamina and strength. They are not comparable. To understand how golf is like this you have to play - you'll either love it and get why it keeps people coming back, or you'll hate it (and usually still come back for more).
Golf is a lot like chess or any other board game. You don’t need to be very active physically, but it’s the amount of mental concentration that’s required makes the game interesting. I’m not saying either sport is better than the other, but I think that there’s more thought involved in golf than in swimming, because the golfer has to calculate the amount of force for the perfect shot, find the perfect angle, etc. while the swimmer’s mind is concentrated only on pushing himself/herself to the max in order to finish the fastest.  
golf is not like a board game, you have to control almost every part of your body throughout the swing.
have u ever had to swim a 1,000 meter race? every time i do, i push my limits until i hear i shrill scream in my mind. after that i take a 15 minute nap.
lol if I swam that far I probably wouldn't be able to sleep for long time because of the adrenaline rush
BWG - I go to the gym, I run 4827m as a warm up, stretch (usually hypertension) and then row at a pace for 5000m. After that I may do some weights, or go to the boxing room to kick a bag for a while. The effort required is far greater than I will ever use in a game of golf. With a little fighting spirit (and an MP3 player to overcome boredom) I can do that without a problem each and every time I go. HOWEVER... the skill required is pretty minimal. Once you have learned how to row and lift a weight, and done a million roundhouse kicks, it's just effort.

I have played golf since I was 16, and I have only broken 90 on a full size course once. The effort is no problem, but the skill to achieve better is much higher. Most people can learn to train their bodies to be strong and fit (given the desire and an MP3 player to overcome the boredom), but skill is not so easy. That's why most people can swim, but few can play golf well. Sure you can swim 1000 meters, but i doubt that helps cure your slice!
i started going to the gym now, but cant manage to run as long as you do beppe. i do 2km on running machine, then 2km on cross trainers and same again on rowing machine and the bike one. then do the weights. but i have to have a break in between each km i do. trying to get more fit for karate, because in the fights at the end im tired and the opponent doesnt seem to be. i just hope its gonna help, i have a competition on sunday
I have shot 76 in a practice round, best in competition is 80. I won our second junior 'major' (strokeplay to qualify, 4 qualified, semi-final and final were matchplay) in July and haven't played competition since. I'm turning senior in March (18, on March 2nd, you can start thinking about what gifts your going to buy me, thanks!) and I hope I can still play as well as I did in July-August. School work and my part time job have take away a lot of my spare time.

What's in your bags anyway? My bag is as follows:

TaylorMade r580, 8.5* regular graphite shaft
TaylorMade V-Steel, 15* regular " "
TaylorMade RAC LI 3-SW, steel shafts
Progen Gunmetal 60* wedge
Ping G2i Anser putter.

And BWG, I guarantee you that golf is a more difficult thing to master. Statistics show that about 85% of people who play golf can't break 100. Now anything higher is hacker terrority (basically they can't really play). I bet you that the percentage of people who can't swim is substantially lower ;)!
Did you hear about Tiger Woods , having a holiday in a  remote part of Ireland ? 

I cant remember the name of the place,but they had never heard of Tiger Woods , or golf .

His BMW  car had broke down , a tow truck came and towed it into a garage for repair .While the mechanic was in the drivers seat he spotted two golf Tee's on the floor.He asked Tiger what they were for. Tiger replied " oh there for my balls"

The mechanic replied "sheesh , these BMW guy's think of everything eh.

;)