« Back to All Topics
cornish git petition
Posted in 
Billiards
cornish git petition
Posted in 
Billiards
cornish git petition
y has cornish git been banned there is a git whos been on since 2002 and allways on. dont tell me no mods have seen him in 3 years so play fair and give cornish hes name back plz sighn in if u agree:(
I agree watty..like i said..it's not fair that cornish git gets banned and clever git is allowed to remain
WE WANT CORNY BACK.. WE WANT CORNY BACK!! mods can  be a law unto themselves eh :| .. i say  no more ... cos i prob get banned haha
git aint a bad word, its harmless, i agree
Yay Stream!! hi lol, yeh Git shud be aloowe dback, but who ever heard of a deocracy.
Hello

As you can see I have been here for a while, I love billiards and anyone who has played me (and talked) will witness, I am a (English) gentleman.

I have to reply to .goon.'s post, and I don't want my name banned either lol, and this is why..... 

The word 'git' is not even vulgar let alone a swear word. It is a petty put down and used in humour and friendly familiarity. 

lucky git, sly git and handsome git, aswell as clever git, are what my friends call me.

I was suprised by this situation with .goon. I thought maybe he was banned because he used the same word in his name and it was a name copying issue. But I dont give a hoot, so long as the name isnt almost the same...its only a small word.

I have been here playin 99.9% only this name since Mar, 2002. I have thought of changeing my name because people might think it 'odd' and I dont get as many challenges, but its a joke and I want to keep the same name for a long billiard career.

clever git
a git and clever, lucky, sly and a handsome gentleman.

hmmm .. quick question .. does that mean i gonna get a dem for callin someone a cheeky git?? .. which i think is more of term of endearment .. not offensive at all.
funny how git is a debatable word but willy is not…dont you english fellas know what it means?
maybe someone was in a bad mood that day...how else do you explain the discrepency. Cornish git has always been a nice and friendly opponent, he should get his name back...
ty vm all u are all a star as u all no i dont swear and maybe be a bad typer lol ..but that all my offense ive dun soo ty vm for your reply's see if we can make a change lol ...... 50%=50%
Extract from the Rules:

1. Nicknames 

Players at FlyOrDie can register their nickname to prevent others from using that nickname. 

You must not choose a nick which (including those that in any way look like, sound like, stand for, hint at, abbreviate, or insinuate any of the following)  

1.3 incites hatred on the basis of race, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion or other personal characteristic.

The name "clever git" does not break the above rules, but "Cornish Git" does, purely because of the fact the name includes a regional area of a country. Someone born in that region, or who lives there could legitimately complain that the name breaks the rules.

but cornish also used as an expression used around different places in england wot about old names like english power they have using country names n also sayin they r powerful cud b offensive to different countrys n i kno no1 ever banned him 4 tht n i kno veriac used 2 play him in snooker all the time n u neva sed 1 word about so i believe u shud give ornish git his name bk n stop actin like childish gits 

ty
Aaron
we want cornish bk bring imbk bring im bk bring im bk *slaps the mob who banned him* sort urself out 
So if i called myself  mmmmm let's think, (cornish pasty) would that insult every pie maker in the uk.