8 Ball, 9 Ball, Snooker Suggestion.
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Hi,

There has been two posts that have a great suggestion of adding a best of three button as an agreement between two players...it's a great idea.

I have an idea as well, I am unsure if it has been mentioned before, but I'll throw it out there.

On the screen on the right side of the menu, there is a print...I am not sure what it is but it looks like a 4 fingered palm print of a hand or animal or something. It's the blue blob under all the menu stuff.

Anywho, I was thinking in that area instead there should be a small pool table.  And in this small pool table, before a person can make a shot they must highlight/select a pocket. In doing so, they are calling their shot. If the ball does not go into the pocket, it can be treated as a foul or something. 

There are two things I notice on this site, in billiards, that causes way to much unnecessary stress for many of the players.

1.) Runners
2.) Flukers

In creating the Best of three button you are kinda putting a stop to runners.

In creating the call your pocket, you are kinda putting a stop to the flukers because they cannot just come in to a game and hit a ball full blast, without even aiming, and pray that they pocket it. And if they do a nine ball combo after foul...they at least have to call the pocket and not just hit the 9 crazy.

Well, yea...

Thanks for listening.
You shouldnt be punished for fluking, neverthless i still hate when people fluke but i do it myself sometimes :| Not like i tried otherwise it wudnt be a fluke, so u can never end fluking
In 9 ball only 9 should be called.

In 8ball, all the balls should be called.

I'm not too familiar with real snooker rules because I live in the states :p

In pool houses this is just common courtesy to play in this style of calling your pocket. It shows more skill this way. I make shots accidently too and end up having to say sorry when I do...so the other person doesn't jump down my throat. If you make a fluke shot, you shouldn't deserve to go on and pocket the next ball.
In my experience both on FoD and in real life, flukers rarely win 8 ball or snooker matches against someone who can actually play. However, the very nature of 9 ball means that the lesser player always has a chance to win games, even if the pocket is called.

In real rules there is an 
option
 for shots to be called. It would certainly be interesting to see what would happen if call-shot games are introduced to FoD.
no i dont have any suggestion anymore wait i have one i need free points i stink jk lol