« Back to All Topics
Breakfast at Tiffanies
Posted in 
Off-topic
Breakfast at Tiffanies
Posted in 
Off-topic
Breakfast at Tiffanies
If you could have lunch with anyone, alive or dead, real of fictional, who would it be?

My answer would be Queen Guineviere. 

Samantha
I am a young 23, but I am a very big fan of old movies. And it is funny that you should entitle this post Breakfast at Tiffany's, because my favorite actress that I would have loved to have met would of been Audrey Hepburn. I remember when I first watched her movie, Roman Holiday, I was only 6 and I dreamed of being her. I wanted to be a little princess. Of course, this dream is no longer :) but Audrey Hepburn has been with me in my living room since. She's just awesome. All of her movies I have and enjoy. And Breakfast at Tiffs is such a grand movie as well. I just had this neat little experience too. Three months ago my husband and I went to Rome and I had the opporunity to visit the mouth of truth, and place my hand right in and get a picture. The story behind what made that spot so famous is a cute one. Anyway...yea her...for all her movies, her beauty, her humanity towards all, and her life.
sheryl crow

i like her music anyone here a sheryl crow fan?
I liked her first few albums a lot. I've been out of the loop with all music though living overseas. The last album I heard of hers I think was Globe Sessions. I'm not sure what it is about her, but she sounds nice on album, but live...that's kind of a different story though. She's still awesome though (y)
i have globe sessions and tuesady night music club. have you been to a live cncert? i never been to one.
Uhhmm dat be one Keanu Reeves for breakfast and one Johnny Depp to go please! Oh and do you do any late night deliveries??? Ya know, ring a-ling-a-ling and waddaya know, Derek Jeter's in town..ready to serve some late night dinners, and we goin' deep, real deep, 'cause it's a whole new ball game baby!

Omg lololski... I had totally forgotten about these forums (been real busy 'dis week and it ain't easing down mateys.  I'm so beat, so tired, so fatigued! But anyways, its cool, just that I gotta go again peeps, cya all have fun and good luck wid dem games! Don't let the losses get to ya! 
[img=
http://forum.flyordie.com/images/emoticons/silly.gif
]

,KK me chillin outs. [img=
http://forum.flyordie.com/images/emoticons/cool.gif
]

--------------------------------------------------------------
[img=
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/RachelDawson/FireGirlFireSiggy.gif
]
"If God wanted us to fly, he would have given us tickets." -- Mel Brooks
jamez what you said wasnt sad, it was the most meaningful post of the lot
Jamez, sorry I missed your post (silly me, I was in a rush). I apologize. I had just read it now and I can offer you my sincere concerns, to you and your father's situation. 

Now I don't know your situation at all but if it makes you feel better, I wish you the best. If you're feeling sad and hurt as it regards to your father, all I can say to you is stay strong. Peace.

-------------------------------------------------
"If God wanted us to fly, he would have given us tickets" -- Mel Brooks.
Hey Firegirl, glad you're back!

Samantha
Hey srs078###, tell me more about the Roman Mouth Statue, because it sounds really cool. Isn't that the one in with its supposed to "bite" off your hand if you tell a lie or something?

Samantha
Samantha,

Oh sure. Well, I had a little difficulty finding it at first because it is only called the mouth of truth in English, go figure, :p

If you ever go there you want to ask for directions to "La Bocca Della Verita." It's kind of a funny tale behind it. From what I know it was originally designed to just be a drain for water. One of the nuns told me that it intimidated people though just because of the appearence of it. And people after awhile of being told stories about it, started to believe that this river god would bite off the hands of liars. Well, I am glad to say I still have my hands!! I also know that it is not in its original location and that it was moved to a small church. The nun also told me that back then they use to scare children to put their hands into the mouth and say that if the children have lied the mouth of truth would bite down and a servant with a knife would come by and cut their arm to let them loose! I just cracked up when this old little Italian woman told me that.

The Mouth of Truth never really gained popularity though until it made its debut in the movie Roman Holiday. The scene was never actually made for the movie, but a prank that Gregory Peck tried to pullover on Audrey Hepburn. He put his hand into it and pulls his sleeve into his jacket  and Audrey Hepburn starts to scream and he pops his hand back out. Really cute, because it was real emotion. So, they kept it in the movie.

srs073181, 

Can you post a picture of it?

Samantha
Samantha,

I would if I knew how :) 
I think this is it. I was researching it on the internet

[img=
http://home.uchicago.edu/~dario/mask.jpg
]
Samantha,

Right you are! That is the picture. It's a huge picture ;) Scared me there for a second.
Sorry! It scared me too :) :) lol

Samantha
Samantha wrote: Hey Firegirl, glad you're back! 
Samantha

Lol thanks! I always comeback. I been away much longer though. I remember one time, I totally forgot about these forums that I didnt post for like 5 months lol.

Well now someone that I'd like to meet in person would be Shirley Temple, as she is a living legend of cinema. She's like 74 years old now and is one of the greatest celebrities of all time. Plus there's a Malibu beverage named after her and if anyone hasn't tried the drink, ya should, 'cause it's really really good.

Imagine meeting someone like Shirley Temple. It's like a once in a several lifetimes experience. There's probably not gonna be another person like her in like a really really long time. It's like getting to meet Babe Ruth. Now that's another one I'd like to see in person, if I were to go back in time. 

As for the future? Perhaps I'd like to travel into the not so distant future several years from now and see my future children, if I ever get to have any. Yeppers, that would be quite the cool indeed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If God wanted us to fly, He would have given us tickets" -- Mel Brooks
Hehe, that funny, he would have given us tickets.

I'll like to have breakfast with sharapova;)
my mother god rest her soul....I didnt do enough when she was here
cowboy wrote: my mother god rest her soul....I didnt do enough when she was here

Sorry to hear 'bout that cowboy. I hope that you will feel better soon. Warm regards.

srs wrote: Hehe, that funny, he would have given us tickets.

Hiya, do you know some Mel Brooks quotes? 'Cause I'm tryin' to collect some of his really rare quotes lol. 

Oh and uhmm, happy 4th of July peeps. [img=
http://forum.flyordie.com/images/emoticons/happy.gif
]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I went to a massage parlor, it was self service." -- Rodney Dangerfield
.....my computer... my most prized friend... thats all...

-striker
i would love to have dinner with halle berry

Firegirl,

Happy 4th to you as well. Besides the quote I just learned from you, the only other quote from Mel Brooks that I know is:

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die. 

;)
besides sheryl crow maybe jesus. im not religious or anything but hes too great a figure to pass. maybe people

forget him in purpose so they wont be called a 'jesus freak'. im not though but i would be lying if is said i didnt want to meet someone like that. 

he brings up too much curiosity and interest even if its bad or good.

even statistics wont lie. jesus is the most searched term in the internet....
Thats true. I mean, think of all the questions you can ask him. 

Samantha
Hiya Samantha, sorry 'bout not checkin' my emails lately as I got tons of thingies goin' on everday lol, but anyways I just sent ya one eva so recently today. 'Tis a recipe for that Shirley Temple Fruit Punch I was talkin about lol. I'm not sure if I sent it to your correct email addy but uhmm here it is anyways, just in case:

1) 8 oz Ginger Ale or Club Soda or Sprite 
2) 1 oz Grenadine
3) 1 oz Lime juice or Pink Lemonade 
4) Mix them 'til' the Pink gets smooth
5) Add a Maraschino cherry and an Orange Slice
6) Use a tall glass with crushed ice, 'cause cold
drinks always taste better wid crushed ice me thinks
7) A straw if ya want.

It shud look kinda like this:

[img=
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/8038/images/cocktail.jpg
]

Try it and lemme know watcha tink. Gotta run, kthxbai [img=
http://forum.flyordie.com/images/emoticons/happy.gif
]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
" I once had a problem, so I tried group orgies. Now I have a new problem - who to thank. " -- Rodney Dangerfield