I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am the thousand winds that blow,
 I am the diamond glint in the snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain, 
 I am the gentle autumn rain.

When u wake in the morning hush,
 I am the swift uplifting rush.

Of quiet birds in circled flight,
 I am the soft stars that that shine at night.

So do not stare at my coffin and cry,
 For i am not there, I did not die, 
 I but passed on by.
My heart and prayer goes out to you and your son as well. I have a sister who lost her first unborn child 2 years ago. The problem was that the fetus was developing outside of her womb. This was causing internal bleeding to her system and because of that, the baby couldn't survive. The operation was able to save my sister's life but not her child.

Peace.

Macca,
I suffered the same loss as Firegirls sister back in 1984, losing a little one like that is heart breaking, no one can understand the true loss of a child unless it has happened to them personally, but i can not think of anything sadder than to see your child born to then have them taken from you again so soon. My heart goes out to you at this sad time but what a beautiful poem to remember your son by, he will always be ib your heart.

A very touching poem Macca, thank you for sharing it, I'm sure it will have alot of meaning to others as well.

Thinking of you and your family my friend.

San
a good poem macca, and my thoughts are with you at this time, everyone has a story, and it is only things like this that bring people closer, my daughter lost her unborn daughter last year, so i know something of what you feel, i have a grandson, and im thankful for that, but a grand-daughter would have been special, but sadly it was not to be.

that poem was recited at sophies funeral........
That's very nice and i'm very sorry he died the day of his birth. :( 
Dear lord macca...i cant tell you how how sorry i am for you right now...

I have been surrounded by death my whole entire life, i can relate to what you are feeling but as a parent, i cannot...

You will be in my prayers macca...

Time is a good healer, but on going mourning is torture...

An extremely thoughtful and reflective poem there macca...

Sorry once again...just be strong for your family mate...they will need you as much as you need yourself..
You dont know me, but i saw ur topic and thought id pay respect. Im really sorry to hear about your son, i know how it feels... ive lost mine too and i cant have any more. i wish you all the happiness.

Hunnikins xxx
I was so sorry to hear of your loss Macca36.
The poem you have written is really nice.
I'd like to share this one with you.
It was one i read out at my mums funeral just before last christmas.
It may bring some comfort to you and anyone else who has lost a loved one recently its called Footprints.

Footprints

I dreamed i was walking along the beach with God and across the sky flashed scenes from my life.

For each scene i noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,one belonged to me and the other to God.

When the last scene of my life flashed before us i looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at times along the path of life there was 
only one set of footprints. I also noticed that it happened at the lowest and saddest times of life.

This really bothered me and i questioned God about it.

"God,you said that once i decided to follow you,you would
walk with me all the way but i noticed that during the most troublesome time in my life there is only one set of footprints.I don't understand why in times when i needed you most,you would leave me."

God replied"My precious,precious child,i love you and i would never,never leave you during your times of trials and suffering.When you see only one set of footprints it was then that i carried you."

Lucy-Jo

I would just like to thank everyone
  for their kind words & responses to
  this post. 

Macca36 and family
God bless u macca and ur family and god bless your son,he's still alive in your hearts..
Macca' I can't say that I truly understand your pain,,
But' My heart hurts for you, "Imagining your hurt"
Sometimes god has a strange way of doing things and maybe he had other plans for taking your baby home with him,,,
I'm so very sorry for your loss my freind!
 My heart truely hurts for you..

Peace to you always!!

Macca' I can't say that I truly understand your pain,,
But' My heart hurts for you, "Imagining your hurt"
Sometimes god has a strange way of doing things and maybe he had other plans for taking your baby home with him,,,
I'm so very sorry for your loss my freind!
 My heart truely hurts for you..

Peace to you always!!

Macca, don't thank us for understanding or for replying. It's natural and it's right. Besides, my friend just died recently. May not be the same as a child, but it's ok.
X Honna, I'm sorry to hear about your loss as well and to anyone else who may have lost a loved one in this world of our's. But I also think that we can find optimism in all of this, knowing that we are all part of something bigger, and that we are all actually connected in someway. I believe that death itself is just a vehicle into a greater realm of consciousness. Best regards.