« Back to All Topics
Pool Break
Posted in 
General
Pool Break
Posted in 
General
Pool Break
When are FOD going to introduce a rule in pool to stop people tapping the white just because they don`t want to break ? Surely this is cheating ?

You should at least get a loose for 3 fowls in a row like 9 ball.
What kind of birds have managed to escape? And why are the all in a row? 
yea do that pro rule where at least 4 balls (not including white) must touch a cush after the break off shot. This way, tapping the white would be a foul:)

<<clever:p
With the way the FlyOrDie break is, it's difficult to even hit 4 cushions. I still agree that it should be a foul when people tap the white. 
why not 
when u brake if u dnt hit cushion and a ball u get the win :D
When you tap the white it's a foul anyway, the opposite player can move the ball..Even though they still have to break the balls up..I did it a few times but I don't like it no more cos to be honest one of you has to start the game off otherwise your just gonna b sitting there tapping the white :)
Thing is i played someone the other day and it was there break. They tapped it cause they didn`t want to break. In return for this I did the same, however this continued for like 10 mins and I eventually split them out of boredom. There must of been like 25 white hitting taps and fouls by this time so I think a 3 foul or lose ban should solve this problem.
yea if you purposely tap it 3 times in a row, You lose :D, sweet :p
I vote for implementing the rule that states that for a break to be "legal" four balls must be driven to a rail. It's not at all difficult to do. While they are at it, FlyOrDie should also require that for a shot to be "legal", the cue  ball or another ball must be driven to a rail AFTER contacting the target ball. This prevents the little tippy tap snookers where the player banks the cue ball off the rail and just barely touches the target ball to snooker the opponent. By the way, as has been said before, both these rules are part of standard international 8 ball rules.
but I must admit, I hate the rule no rail sometimes it really really r-e-a-l-l-y annoys me :|
Just break the balls youself on the next shot and stop whining.
 Snipe, we are just discussing the fact that we don't like the way some people like to tap the ball before actually splitting the pack, I think it would also be a very good rule to make that if they do so 3 times, They lose the game. ashamed ;)
In all honesty I really don't mind it when some of my opponents break weakly [1 ball hitting a rail even if it's the cue ball]. Should the rule be implemented if any opponent refuses to break 3 times by means of scratching intentionally or tapping the cue a few inches on the table? Perhaps and I see the rule's justification. However though, a weak break [one ball hitting a rail], i see no controversy in that whatsoever. It's fair game as far as i see it.

I for one am an above average breaker. I usually break from an angle aiming to the far edge of the headball using slight backspin with full power. About 30% of my breaks a ball goes in a side pocket. There was a time when I broke and got 3 balls upon impact and was blessed with an easy table afterwards. It turned out to be my fastest match ever. So for those who break weakly or just tap the ball, my advice is to not shy away from power breaking. You could win a lot of games from an effective breaking style.

However though, there are a lot of high rated players who break weakly. If it works for them then so be it. No problem here. Just don't scratch on purpose or tap the ball a few inches beyond the white line. It shows a lack of confidence in one's area of his/her skills. It's quite embarrassing and laughable in my opinion.
Poor players do this who've somehow got good ratings and love it and hate to lose there precious points, same with those who play One game 'Per day.

I know one guy who plays like one game 'Per day just to keep his Rating stable and he is a good player but i think this is poor and he does this just to show off to People.

Now tapping the white behind the pack are you saying at start of the game? Dont worry just smash it because they wont be that good, Only players who do this are poor informers.

The ones who one day will be Ok and the other Terrible and OBSESSED with there rating so much they punch and kick there computer when there opponent Flukes.

No offence to Americans but the majority of these people who are Teengage American who HATE to lose at anything.

Bye :D
i hate when people dont break
in 8ball if they dont break, my turn i break them from behind(because they foul) and usually end up potting 8 and losing
i think its sad that people care more for their points than a good game