« Back to All Topics
Nics
Posted in 
Tanx
Nics
Posted in 
Tanx
Nics
Apart from joining a clan (rrfpeter01) Why do people need more than 1 nic ?
some people (like me) enjoy the occasional fresh start from 0 points.
well i like the "fresh start too":)
An identity carries with it a set amount of baggage. In addition to a different rating, each ID carries with it different associations in the minds of the other players. I used to have several different IDs, and I'd play them at different times of the day or against set kinds of players. This is especially true for clans and guilds, and unfortunately also true for those that would bend the rules or antagonize others.
You dont need a new name to get 0 points.

Beri,or watever your name is ,your exlanation sounded about right,ie,bending the rules,cheers.
Lol i Have 6 Subscribed Nics LOL all for 1 year so a reason for having more than one nic is ,If you are Ban by a mod u come back and shut up but still able to play HAHAh(mods Plesase Dome Read This) Any WHo it gives u Multiiple way to do SNeaky Stuff

-koreas Finest
I agree with bariel. A change of name does have an effect on how other players react to you. For instance, an agresive sounding name written in large bombastic capitals such as RATPOIZEN is perticuly good for terrorizing newbies, but unfortunately a nic such as this does tends to attract a lot of sniper fire.
I personally think the best type of nick is one that is
neutral, meaning it should not have any associations likely to draw fire. The nick should also be short and forgettable. It works, think of it like this,  who are you going to shoot in the heat of battle, flnth
or MR DESTRUCTION?
always an interesting subject this..running in the background so to speak.....wonder how old the original post was.. I forgot to look...
anywayyy
those who have been members here as long as I have..
2 yrs.+  :O
....know I've had a few names.. the un-used ones a long time in-active....I'm not sure I would remember the pass words at this point..
I prefer to use one name on a regular basis....obvious reasons would include the moderator designation... but the short reason is because it's an identity, an on-line character I guess, one that is hopefully regarded as a friend of the FlyOrDie community..

<bows>  ty ty

:p

GHOST  i have been around as long as u have lol i have played for 2 years+   and i remember when i use be "LEADER KIA" and Me and my brother would cause trouble by going on all diff niks  and cussing mods and changing names ..iremember u chased me around every oop trying to ban me ..oo that was fun..but stupid..

Koreas Finest
People change nicks for to reasons...

A - they get sick of there old name which they may have used for a year + and want to make a newer fancyer new for the next 12 months of play

B - they want to change themselves. Its just common nature that some people are just like, oil and water they just dont mix. However in thi online world we play on unlike the real world you can change yourself and many do just so they can have a truly unbiased secound chance with people.

I use this name and my real name for about the same amount of time each week sometimes they are both in room 1 at the same time ;) (however I have to be on my toes to do that) Why do I use my other name when I have a fancy  medal with this ? For the peace and quiet :D  
I see why you change names DI with all the critism you get from some people.

Me personally I only changed my name because i was loaned a subscribed name, but now that its gone :| I use this name or my team name.
The only reason i USED to play frequently on other nicks was simply due to the reason that i was un-subbed , therefore every nick i possessed had the same things attached , ads etc . 
Also when your points are high , some individuals try to divulge into persueing you for a long time span , which gets very annoying 
Also i enjoy starting from 0 and seeing how long it takes me to reach a designated point period. 
But i did have so many nicknames because i used to make a new one for each tourney , thats all 
No worries now though , im subbed and will only use this nick , it has all the benefits i need plus , no ads! lol :p
ghost.. my identity is too infamous, and famous, even more my liking.. you know this better than anyone, seeing as youve banned over 30 of my nics :D hehehehe, too bad you only come in 2nd for that :p, i have literally hundreds of nics, however i only use them for a few weeks, then make a new one because that name gets boring, and i have to be constantly entertained.. hehe

- Minni Me , Original King of Tanx
I must be one of the only players who has just one nic i dont need any more and been playing a long time only got a nic after playing for about 3-4 months on this site.
Hmm, yes. The internet will always be a haven for those wishing to remain anonymous. Only natural for people to refresh their anonymity every now and then.
I've heard that one of Ghostriders nics is GHOST FÜHRER SS
can this be true ?
it seems some people do like to have different niks and thats fine, but i think the biggest problem this causes is when a ,normaly high rated player, uses a 0 point nik, this can destroy your rating,  although it is only a game, we all like a good rating, dont we?.unless of course you are using the low rating to make an opponent lose more points than he should, i think thats where the big problem lies, but as subscribers we do have an option to create rooms that exclude lows rated niks,,my only suggestion is ,USE IT