« Back to All Topics
new rating change is unwanted
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
the new rating change is really unwanted and stupid and not well thought out, just because some high player doesnt play he loses points,that's not fair at all, what if the player is out of town and cant play?  you shouldn't punish him for that, i think you need to re think that rating change before you put it into afect, with every change you make, you're making the site worse, there shouldnt be any drop in points just because someone doesnt play, the high people have a hard enough time finding a game with someone!  also what if someone gets banned for a few days, they lose there score once again because they cant play on it!  please flyordie, re think that rating change, not just for me but for everyone, there's gonna be a ton of complaints, only the lowly balls will like it
I certainly agree with you, and I'm glad I'm not paying to see my rating drop every day that I don't play. 
People who have cheated to get high ratings and after that they don't play at all, should be banned but those who earned their rating fair and square should not be punished for that. I'm sure a lot of players will agree with me. 
thank you for agreeing with me, it took me over a year to get a high score and now they want to take it away, i wish i would of never subscribed.
i agree with wot u have 2 say even tho i dont pay but this rule means u cant have a life u have 2 play all the time 2 keep ure ratin thats rubbish
u cant go pub coz if u do u lose ratin that svcks
wots the point paying for rating if u r gonna take every 1's away
If you dont have a very high rating (which is meaningless anyway) then it decreases very slowly. I think it is reasonable if somebody lose his rating if he doesn't play for a year. 

After all he won't play well after a year without practicing.
You can't go to the pub anyway James... you're too young ;)

I see no reason why you're rating shouldn't decrease if you don't play. In real life you have to put hours and hours of practice in, train regularly and play as much as you can to remain at the top of your game. And thus if you don't play or train, you're ability to play that sport well, will diminish. 

So if you don't play pool regularly you're rating diminishes. And as far as I'm aware, the ratings are supposed to represent 'skill'? So it's reasonable to assume that if you don't play, your skill at that game won't be as finely honed as a player that has played regularly? 

And if someone gets banned for a few days, they deserve to lose 
all
 their points for that same reason. People still seem to think that flouting the rules and getting banned is 'funny'. That really needs to change. Fast.
ok i think some of you need to realize one thing...THIS ISNT REAL LIFE!  for God sakes it's just a game, you make this out to be like it should be real life, in real life yeah you do train and stuff but they don't have a point system like this one!  this site will never be real life, no matter what they do, with this rating change, i bet more and more people will un subscribe and flyordie will lose money instead of gain because no ones gonna want to subscribe a name there gonna lose points on.
good move FlyOrDie, most of the high rated players don't deserve their score, they just kept it from when it was easy to gain that much...
no they can prove they really deserve it...

and at least it will be easier for them to find some opponents ;)
*sighs* Okay then MystiKalMindz01, lets see this from your perspective... Whatever 
that
 might be ;)

You argue that my points are not valid because, and I quote... "THIS ISNT REAL LIFE!". Now you said that, not me. So why on earth are you worried about losing points that 'don't really exist', in a game 'that's not real'? 

My point was that if you are taking this too seriously, which most of you seem to be, then losing rating points because you aren't playing seems logical. But the game ISN'T real, as you said yourself. So why worry? If you really are that bothered about it, you'll just have to ensure you play regularly enough to prevent it from happening won't you? 

Rant over. :)

you're the ones that are talking about the reality of it not me, saying that in real life this and that, i was just saying that in real life they wouldnt have a rating system like this, i could careless bout it, it's flyordie who's gonna suffer not me, they're jus gonna lose money cuz peeps aren't gonna subscribe to a site just to lose points, so its there loss, not mine, jus tryin to help this site out, but they wouldnt know good advice if it hit them in the rear end.
why would anyone register and pay money for a rating that goes down when u dont play for one day. if u pay it means u probably like raising ur rating. ratings going down when u dont play is stupid they will lose business from that.
good idea, let us have some extra points for our money...
the one who pays most will have the crown!

huh?
yes, it goes down if you dont play, but it takes more then a year to reach 0 if you start from 400. If you dont play for a year, then you wont't subscribe first, so nobody lose anything.
sorry but this is a game for fun and the ratings are something extra. they dont mean nothing unless you play all the time and all the people not just the high rating people. you got to play all the people to be good and the one's with the high ratings just play the high rating people and that dont show anything. rating are to show how good you are and if you dont play all then you are no good. as it is the ones that are good are the low # not the high the low plays anybody thats a good player.  thats just what i think just from seeing people cheat to get ratings.and then not play to keep them.
well mad-max if it's all just for fun then why should they take our scores away, they don't know how long we've been working to get them some longer than others and i admit some people did cheat to get it but there are a few that worked very hard to get up and this is just going to backfire on flyordie, they're gonna lose business and no one gonna wanna subscribe anymore, no point in subscribing just to lose your score completely, think logically when you answer not stupidly.
IF YOU PLAY GOOD THEN YOU WONT LOSE YOUR POINTS NOMATER WHO YOU PLAY. AND I GOT SCREEN SHOTS OF YOU CHEATING TO GET YOURS
id like to see those ;)..

debil i didnt say u should get points for free wtf?? i said they shouldnt go away tothe high players who lose 32 points a DAY for not playing.. they payed money and then lets say they r at work.. cant play.. they lose the points they payed to keep
some of u lot just dont look at the whole picture wotever FLYORDIE do or change they cant win with you lot cos some gonna like it some wont and i personaly  don care what they do its there site they do what they want  like mad-max said if you are good then you have nothing to worry about i find getting points is like taking candy from a baby hahahahhahah if you are as brilliant as me so stop moaning and give it a try
I THINK THE RATING CHANGE IS A GOOD MOVE.  I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE NOT PLAYING ON HERE.  PEOPLE WITH HIGH SCORES JUST SIT IN THE LOBBY AND START FIGHTS, BRAGGING ABOUT HOW MUCH BETTER THEY ARE THAN EVERYONE ELSE.  WHEN IN FACT, THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE THAT CHEAT TO GET A HIGH RATING. IF HAVING A RATING WAS SO IMPORTANT THAT YOU PAID TO HAVE IT, THEN IT SHOULD NOT BE A BIG DEAL TO PLAY TO KEEP IT.

STOP CRYING, ITS ONLY A GAME.
How many people actually subscribed just so they could show off their scores then? If that was your sole reason for doing so then you're a bit of a show off aren't you? Ooooh.. look at me and my high score. I'm 
better
 than you. I'm fully aware of who the good players are on these games, and directly comparing them to their points... Most don't deserve the amount they have.

In fact a lot of the better players haven't even subscribed. They prefer to remain anonymous. They know how good they are, and for them that's more than enough. I'd only want to subscribe for two reasons:

1) Those bloody adverts wouldn't appear and slow down my connection.

2) I could have the 'do not disturb' sign back.

I don't really see why people are getting all worked up about losing rating points. It's a choice FlyOrDie have made, the majority of people seem to be happy with it, and the only people that have been moaning so far seem to moan about every little thing on these games. You're forgetting one thing, paying to be a subscriber doesn't make you better than anyone else. Neither does it make you more important or more popular. 

You get what you pay for with subscription, nothing else. I'm sure FlyOrDie can healthily survive from the advertising revenue that it generates, and subscribers merely get a decent little deal in return for a bit of their hard earned cash. 

I wonder what will be the next grievance on these boards? Hopefully nothing as inane as the present crop. 
I GOT 1 THING TO SAY SOME CHANGES AINT MADE I WONT BE RE SUBSCRIBING MY 2 NAMES:
Well at least 
something
 positive has come out of this discussion. ;)
wow mr. bishi, u think u know me soo well, i never said i was a good player and im not showing off my score and i can gaurantee you that flyordie won't survive just on there stupid advertisements, they will go down because of this and of course there being stupid and not listening to people like me, they never listen to people who object things they do, they never want to admit that they were wrong, come on FlyorDie, everyones wrong now and then, this time you're wrong, get rid of the change or unsubscribe my name
LMFAO, YOU THINK FOD IS GOING DOWN BECAUSE A COUPLE LITTLE COMPLAINERS ARE NOT HAPPY WITH SOME CHANGES.  YOU GUYS THREATEN TO NOT RESUBSCRIBE.  P L E A S E FOD BOOT THE LITTLE CRY BABIES.  I AM SURE THIS SITE WAS HERE WAY BEFORE HALF OF US AND WILL BE HERE WAY AFTER SOME ARE GONE.  LETS FACE IT THOUGH, NO ONE IS GOING ANYWHERE.  THIS IS A COOL SITE REGARDLESS OF THE CHANGES.  GO TO YAHOO, THEY WILL BE GLAD TO HAVE YOU AND MOST WILL BE GLAD TO GET RID OF THE ONES WHO DO NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN.

CYA
lol, oviously you havent been lookin at all the other posts to see how many peeps are complainin, open up ur eyes crazy8888, more people r gonna unsubscribe than u think, ur an idiot
MYSTIK YOUR THE IDIOT, EVERYDAY HUNDREDS SIGN UP AT THIS SITE.  A GOOD PERCENTAGE OF THOSE SUBSCRIBE ALSO. MY P0INT IS, WHY COMPLAIN??  YOU PAID TO HAVE A RATING NEXT TO YOUR NAME, PLAY TO KEEP IT.  YOU GUYS WHO ARE COMPLAINING ARE STILL PLAYING,FACE IT THIS SITE IS GREAT AND NONE OF YOU ARE LEAVING.  SO QUIT THREATENING FOD AND PLAY AND WIN TO KEEP YOUR RATING, OR JUST DON'T RESUBSCRIBE, I CAN GARANTEE YOU, THEY WON'T MISS YOUR MONEY.......
I thoroughy agree with the rest of the unhappy members. I myself won't pay for your subscription, basically because all i want to do is play.However, i cant play everyday cos i work, leaving me deciding not to pay becuase i won't get the full benefits out of my money. 

I used to look forward to trying to up my rating when playing. I do understand the need of a website - in the long run you make £££££ - thats obvious! BUT dont you also want to KEEP your customers.

I am currently logged on - It's 1.15pm and there are 30ppl on Snooker, 9Ball and 8Ball all together. That is a huge drop in numbers. I clearly remember when the rating system was left in, the pages being packed because people want to play.You've lost your users confidence!!!!

You, the designers will have seen yourselves the drop in numbers and who's fault is it - well, your own. It seems as though you have taken sides with those players who play every single day (a little extreme i may add), who have the high ratings. I understand its an arse when ppl who have just started playing may fluke a win, then taking many points off your rating..but isnt that part of the game..???

I'm sure if you re-intsall the old version of rating scheme, your users will return.People can still buy subscritions and benefit from them but ohers well, as you know yourself, simply wont be able to afford it.

Good luck 

JD
dang crazy8888 u r blind!! 100's sign up?!?!?! lmao, i dont see ne in the games, during peak time there use to be nearly 900 peeps on, now its dropped to like 400 or 500 and i can guarantee you that only bout 1/4 of those if that are subscribed, flyordie will go down cuz of this, no one wants to sign up for a rating they can't increase, there arent enough peeps signed up yet to do it, they should take it out or they die.
ONCE AGAIN, YOU PAID TO HAVE A RATING SO PLAY THE GAME. STOP CRYING AND POUTING ALL THE TIME.  IT GETS OLD AFTER AWHILE.  HALF OF YOU GUYS WITH HIGH RATINGS JUST SIT IN THE LOBBY AND BRAG ANYWAY.  I AM GLAD YOU ARE LOSING YOUR POINTS. :)
Actually Mystical I am only an 11 ball but i still agree with you.
MYSTICAL, SHAM SHAME SHAME, I KNOW FOR A FACT YOU GOT THE BULK OF YOUR POINTS WHEN THE PATH GLITCH WAS IN EFFECT, BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION, AS YOU TOLD ME PERSONALLY, YOU WOULD GO INTO A GAME , HIT "p" KEY SEVERAL TIMES AND PATH WOULD APPEAR, JUST AS IN THE PRACTICE MODE, YOU ARE AT BEST A "4" or "5" BALL RANKED PLAYER IF NOT FOR THE PATH GLITCH, WHICH HAS NOW BEEN FIXED. SO GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE, ACTUALLY THIS GAME WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE IF YOU LEFT. (CHEATER).
TOTALLY AGREE....THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.  CHEATERS WHO ACTUALLY HAVE THE NERVE TO COMPLAIN THEY ARE LOSING POINTS THAT THEY NEVER EARNED IN THE FIRST PLACE.  KEEP TAKING THEM FOD.  
ill have to say,its hard to get points around here,i had 400 at one time now im down to 75. These points are hard to earn,why take them away. We just cant play everyday we get sick of it once in awile. like myskl said it takes a year to get a real good ratingthe dont punnish us us for what we pay for,thats just stupid.Keep it the way it was.WE EARN IT WE KEEP IT,money talks
yea, deffenitly must change back again, I had rating, but couldn't play, now I lost 80 points :@
I like this new change because it makes the ppl that never play play lol '

But like fine aim said what is ur at work and can't school homework or sick vaction maybe what can those people do?

Go on vaction 4 a week and lose 200 or 300 points don't think so

so you say i got the bulk of my points with the path, well look at the pts. that were on this name, this name was up to a 2 ball, over 2300 pts. WITHOUT THE PATH GLITCH!  they changed the game b4 i used this name, so wut now stupid???