I Lost Through a Stupid Default!
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Ok.

Score was 44 - 48 in Motte's favour after I potted the cue ball with the black still remaining on the table and not to easy a shot left.

Why did it register as me losing when I clearly had a chance of winning? 

5 needed to win with 7 on the table. Makes no sense if this game is based on proper snooker rules. That just wouldn't happen!
7 points for foul he goes to 55 ur on 44 u have zilcho chance of winning. 
Now read the original post properly!

The score was 44 - 48 AFTER the foul.Incase that confuses you the score was 44 - 41 to me before the foul.

Then I fouled on the black (44 - 48)

Which means that I should've had another shot if Motte didn't pot the black. The only way he could've done that was from a fluke. Hence the fact that if I got the chance and potted the black then the final score would've ended up 51 - 48 to moi!

Simple really when you look at it.
You should complain at the World Snooker Association to change the rules, I'm afraid..

OP
indeed voodooman, the original rules of snoorke are, when a player fouls on black, he loses the frame if he is 1 to 6 points in front or down, ONLY when u are leading by 7 pts, and u make a foul on black, there will be a respot, cus than the score is equal, in ALL other cases the one who fouls on the black loses.(exept if ur more than 7 in front :p)
Voodoo, the rules are correct, in real life if you make a foul on the black, the game is over. You cannot have a foul shot on the black and then carry on..
paul, read my comment, YES, but than the score must be even after the foul been made, than the black goes to his spot, and white in kitchen, :p:p:p

i got referee degree 4 in belgium, 
why would u want a referee degree  its basic common knowledge to know the rules of snooker.
lmfao rofl pmsl mohahahahaha

man this is a funny post :p
paul is absolutely correct any foul on the black is a loss to the player who fouled;)

ty masta

The rules are pretty simply.

If there is only the black and white ball on the table and either player fouls, then the game is Over unless the scores result in a tie.

The winner of the game will be the person with the most points after the foul.

Veriac
(Flyordie Moderator)