« Back to All Topics
Evolution
Posted in 
Off-topic
Evolution
Posted in 
Off-topic
Evolution
Just as a matter of interest, how many ppl here believe in evolution and how many dont? can u give a reason as to ur opinion plz
Evolution is false. I believe in a God, that came to this earth and died for us. I view evolutionary theories and they just don't seem workable. 
yeh how could u evolver from something stupid if u aint got the intelligence to do it?

like no one else is gonna do it for u
Confederate stole my answer ;)
true becaus we EVOLVED from animals aNd even from cells... who knows... maybe there could be x-men somewhere lol...too much tv
theres an x-man in all of us :(

lol 

theres a god coz imagine wen we werent born.. were we dead or were we just not born.. we didnt know wot was next for us inside mums tum lol :p
If Darwin was right, you will probably figure it out in a few million years. :| 

Here comes another Essay :p

There are not just two conflicting belief systems concerning the origin of plants, animals, humans, the rest of the world and the rest of the universe. There are literally many hundreds of theories: 

According David Barrett et al, editors of the "World Christian Encyclopedia" there are 19 major world religions which are subdivided into a total of 270 large religious groups, and many thousands of smaller ones. Among these various faith groups, there are probably at least 500 different creation stories to draw from -- all different.  

Creation science:

This is a group of about a dozen different belief system which form some of the approximately 500 religious belief systems described above. They are very popular among conservative Christians. They can be divided into two different groups:  New Earth creationists form the majority of creation scientists. They believe that the earth, its current life forms, and the rest of the universe were created by God, less than 10,000 years ago. Only very minor changes within various species have happened since creation; no new species have evolved or been created. This belief system is mainly promoted by people who believe in the inerrant truth of the Hebrew Scriptures (a.k.a. Old Testament) when interpreted literally. 

Old Earth creationists believe that geology, radiometric dating has shown that the world is billions of years old. However, they believe that God created the earth and the rest of the universe. 

Naturalistic evolution:

The origin of the universe occurred about 14 billion years ago. The earth coalesced about 4.5 billion years ago. Life subsequently began, probably as bacteria deep in rocks, and has been evolving ever since. The process of evolution has been driven by purely natural forces, without input from a God or a Goddess or multiple deities. Many people have associated this belief system with strong Atheism. Certainly, some scientists who support naturalistic evolution do not believe in a supreme being or beings. But others believe both in evolution and in one or more Gods and/or Goddesses who do not intrude on the outcome of natural forces. Some of the latter are Deists who believe that God created the universe, started it in motion, left the universe, and allowed natural processes to originate life and drive evolution.  

Theistic evolution:

Evolution happened just as supporters of naturalistic evolution believe, but it was a tool created, used, and/or controlled by God. 

Veriac ;)
Um, this is sort of offtopic but it is on the offtopic board so here goes: Veriac, just in a guess, i would think you mastered writing in school as these essays (or so to speak) are awesome. ;)
Liger:

Genesis 1:27 
"So God created man in his 
own
 image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

This verse is saying that God created man and woman in His own image. Therefore, evolution is false and never happened.
There will be arguments and theories about evolution for evermore,the truth is we will never know.You have got to live in a make believe world to believe a mythical thing created this planet,gotta be scientific and nothing else.That dosnt mean to say i dont think there is nothing out there,but it wont be a man with a white beard lol
"
the truth is we will never know
"

There is one way to find out for certain, but I for one am not willing to try it. It is of course to simply die and see if you are greeted by whatever Deity you beleive in :p

Veriac

You said it perfect and that is what evolution is all about. We dont know til we croak,and no book has proof not even Man . Live each day to the best of Human Nature that you can and have fun being a Human Being.

*sigh* lets see... confederate if you went to a normal school you would know the TRUE science... im religious but i was taught at a real school...so i know what evolution is
isnt that severely judgemental liger:|
i dont actually believe in evolution, cos how on earth cud we have been created all from a single cell organism? when u think about it its all so vastly complex that i cant understand how ppl believe in evolution!
God created us i reckon...is there really any other explanation that explains how we were made (confed qouted from da bible) i dont know of any texts older then that which say how we were created.
We were formed from dust from a super nove. Basically. 

HOW THE UNIVERSE WAS CREATED

In the beginning there was nothing. Which exploded.

I do beleive in evolution. It explains everything. Basically the facts support it.

They have found fossils to prove Evolution.

Im not gonna go into detail but I will sooner or later.

-Suit.
The truth is we will never know,its just wishful thinking to think there is smothing when you die.Lets hope there is eh?
Something*..there i go again..wut a typirest i am
na suit how do u get so many completely different from supa nova's?
if super novas were created from dust like u sed and u believe it, y not believe God created US from dust then? whats the difference?

they have also found evidence that Jesus (eg God's son) existed too suit...it dont prove anything either way lol
I dont belive in god or anything like that. No offense to those that do that is. Yet nore do i belive in evolution. If we evolved from apes then in all the years we would have evolved more. Not like cave men or that kind of thing. But all those childish thoughts of flying cars by now. A while ago, it was thought that by this time in life, we b living like the Jetsons lol. How we came to be i can not say. I know in my head, a thought atleast, yet its difficult to explain. Maybe we were a freak accident. Maybe alot of things. Who knows lol, with all the galexies out there and extra planets, we could have been produced from anouther planets life forms. True that no other life has been found yet. But maybe someday there couild b. Who knows for sure. Ppl will keep thier own thjoughts and thats ok. Ppl can do that. Evolution may never me fully answered. Listening to some1s word is up to u. Belivers will b readeamed in the end. So thats all. I think i may have gone off this off-topic lol. Sry. But i tried.
Man is fallible (Science).
The Bible is infallible.

Pity the Bible was written by Man then ;)

In our fallible attempts to write down the alleged Words of God, we sure made a lovely mess of it.

Come to think of it, why is the current Bible missing rather large chunks.......cos a certain fallible man decided he didn't like what it said so took out several bits of it.

Whether you beleive in God or Evolution, or anything else doesnt really matter though to be honest. If you do have a beleif in something and you follow it, regardless of what it may be, at least you have some kind of direction in your life.

Veriac ;)

veriac, u sure them fossils arent of other extinct animals? that arent anythin to do wit us, like some dead ape.
The Bible was not written by man. It was written by God. The Holy Spirit talked through men that wrote the Bible. 
then your talking about E.S.P.
The holy spitrot My eye. The bible was written up to 300 years after jesus lived.

Lol atleast read wat i had 2 type. :p glad u got a kick out of it entertainment. 
Once Jesus died, Sis Spirit lived with his disciples, now known as Christians. The Holy Spirit will move us and convict us.
do not drink the spirits in the bottle marked moonshine