« Back to All Topics
8Ball Pool
Posted in 
Billiards
8Ball Pool
Posted in 
Billiards
8Ball Pool
Hi, I think it would be a good idea if FlyOrDie created an Enlish 8Ball Pool game (Red and Yellow balls). I Think this would attract many keen Enlgish online pool players.

If you agree with me please post a message.

Thanks for you time,

Kelleyboy
yep  its all ready been suggested  and they did nothing  but  hope they do :p

Lets get some more people who agree, then we can ask FlyOrDie and back ourselves up with evidence of people who will want English 8Ball Pool.

Thanks for your time,

Join the petition,

Kelleyboy
iunno wut htta is but i agree..these games r gettin to easy :|' cept pro snooka :p'
what is red and yellow pool?.. never heard :s
it's Like Solids and Stripes 
but yellows and Reds and there is an (8) ball

ty Exorcist :)
There are different rules...

If a shot is not played within sixty seconds it is a Non-Standard Foul. The oncoming player is awarded two visits from:-

a) Where the Cue Ball lies, OR, if the player wishes 

b) From Baulk 

The following fouls are standard and result in two shots (carry) for the oppponet...

Potting the Cue Ball - "In Off" - The incoming player plays from Baulk, and is not able to move the ball around the table.

Potting an opponent's ball. (except when it is the properly nominated ball following a Foul Snooker or Foul Jaw Snooker) 

Failing to "Play Away" from a touching ball. (P.S. You should have touching ball)

-------------------------------------------------------

Break, notable difference. The break is much better using the English Standard Rules...

The Break will be deemed a "Fair Break" if:-

At least one Colour is potted. 
and/or

Four Object Balls (at least) are driven to a cushion.

(Even though it's not possible with the FlyOrDie pack)

BUT...

If the Break is not a Fair Break it is a Non-Standard Foul and:-

The opponent is awarded two visits.

The balls are re-racked.

The opponent re-starts the game and is under the same obligation to achieve a fair break.

-------------------------------------------------------

If no Colours are potted on the break the table is "Open". 

If one or more Colours are potted on the break the player then has a right and obligation to verbally advise the referee of a choice of Colour before proceeding. Failure to do so is a Standard Foul. If a player is fouled under this rule the opponent faces an "Open" table. 

IF the player nominates a Colour that was potted on the break, the player is on that Colour no matter what happens next.

IF the player nominates a Colour that was not potted on the break, to be on that Colour, the player must pot a ball of that Colour on the next shot.

They are notable differences and I think are preferred by most and are actually better rules. The games are most strategic with these rules.

An English option is a good idea and should be there for any player(s) wishing to play it.

Greetz

In English 8 Ball only two balls need to hit the rail on the break. That is unless you are northern or playing some skewiff pub rule.
Taz mate we didn't want your Life Story.........

ty Exorcist 

oh ye Aggreed 
Life story?

Eh, ok!

P.S. FlyOrDie Moderators, it's because of these annoying little kids like Exorist that I'm getting banned. Ban them, they are the ones that annoy everyone!