« Back to All Topics
ratings idea
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
ratings idea
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
ratings idea
Since i returned i have now had a good look at the new ratings system, and i think in general it is far better than the old one.

However, i think that the most use would have been made from the system if the entire playing field was levelled for everyone so that all the players had a fair chance to move around in the ranks.

There have always been people who sidestep the system, and there probably always will be. The new system has made significant progress towards ending that.

If the system is truly to work as it was perhaps intended, the best thing would have been to reset all FOD players to zero again and have everyone work their way back up from the same starting point.

Implementing the system as it was actually gave many players an unfair advantage over the lower ranks.

I do agree,
i think it would be fair to reset the points.
Im not sure why u want to restart all the points . It makes no sense. The cheaters will be back at top in no time and the true players (if you watch a system turny) can gain 100 points in 1 hour. Everybody would be level for about 1 hour.
I think you would be surprised at who did and did not climb. With the new ratings system, you would be likely to see a large number reach the 150 range very quickly, but beyond that, you are likely to see a significant slowdown.

This is because the ratins gain / loss is capped to around 32 points. We all know who the real players are, and so we know who to expect to climb fairly quickly to the top of the pile. The cheaters on the other hand, are gonna be seen pretty easily, cos everyone will know they dont belong there. 

it would also give the lower ranks a fair crack at a game against the better players, most of whom simply do not play against low ranked people, just in case they lose some of their precious points. Levelling the playing field means these people get a chance at a decent game.

One of the problems this site has is that far too many people forget that the site is for people to player games and have fun. It is NOT just an idiotic chat room about how many more points someone has than someone else.

As for the cheaters, to be honest, let them cheat. They WILL get caught eventually, either by FOD, or by us, the players. The cheaters are probably the ones who moan the loudest about losing points anyway.

The true players in this place are probably the people who are not in the high ranks, and who can be found happily playing their freinds, regardless of the points. Obviously some of the true players are also very good players, but in general some of the best people i have played are people in the lower ranks. They may not be able to knock in a break above 30, but they dont care, because they have fun, which is what we all should do.

Veriac types:

"The true players in this place are probably the people who are not in the high ranks, and who can be found happily playing their freinds, regardless of the points. Obviously some of the true players are also very good players, but in general some of the best people i have played are people in the lower ranks. They may not be able to knock in a break above 30, but they dont care, because they have fun, which is what we all should do."

GHOST stands up and applauds loudly.... :D

indeed my friend.....in one paragraph......you have captured the central theme of FlyOrDie's existence...as a place to come and enjoy yourself....visit with other community members...and play some games.....
my rating hangs at about ummmm... zero....and when I start an operation in the TANX game...it seems the entire lobby piles in... to get in a shot or two ...lol.....  but I don't care......I fall off my chair because I'm laughing so hard..

I hope everyone who reads this topic comprehends your attitude......FlyOrDie would be a better place for it.

regards,

GHOST RIDER MP
FlyOrDie Moderator
[img=
http://virtualsolarsystem.com/mercury/webwizard/mpcrest.txt
]

Sure the people that are the happiest are the lower ranks that dont care but if they were good they would still climb in points reagardless.
Many people say flyordie is the reason why tanx or other games are looking pretty sorry. No. It is the rude players that brought the game down. Those rude players curse all the time and boast. They can't enjoy the game; they must be the best. Just enjoy the games.
 Example:little 4

Since: Jul 7, 2002

Introduction: 

Snooker statistics
  Rating Total results Qualifying results Win-Loss Win - Loss difference Win / Loss ratio 
Overall 166 1091 1080 1002-78 924 12.85 

Recent series
- 
Last results
Opponent Result Opponent rating Reported at 
Scotty. - 319 2003-11-06 22:55Z 
_Demolidor_ + 339 2003-11-05 23:25Z 
wasn_me + 179 2003-11-05 23:07Z 
Jim-Rfc - 197 2003-11-05 22:51Z 
БОГ ВОЙНЫ + 192 2003-11-05 18:30Z 
夠彊就同我篤 + ~126 2003-11-05 18:23Z 
stepcon + ~16 2003-10-24 23:16Z 
TOPxDOG + ~131 2003-10-24 22:46Z 
TOPxDOG - ~114 2003-10-24 22:31Z 
GrowYourOwn + 179 2003-10-23 22:47Z 

im now playing this guy,
he is not one bit good and i have no clue how he beat topdog demolidor bor and wasn me but im now killing him he cannot pot a ball yet look at his win loss! 1002-78 hmmm
everybody has there good and bad days.
Actually, one of the most fun people to play i have met in this place is a guy called loginasguest.

He can beat a LOT of the very good players, but you know what his rating is.....0

If someone is rude to him, he he simply leaves. 

Personally i think thats the best kind of attitude to have. He is here to play and have fun, and if someone spoils that, he leaves the game, regardless of his points.

We should all be more like him, and spend our time here having fun, and less of our time arguing about who is the best, who is the worst, who is currently cheating etc. Its all just something that wastes the time we could have spent enjoying a good game.

sniper...why do u have to comment like that? this post is a good one...dont try ruining it
Everybody complains about ppl talking crap and being unsporty in the game when the answer is so simple MUTE them! 
i think reseting the rating would be a bad idea. many have worked hard for their good ratings and there would be quite an uproar if this was to happen.
well if they can get it (rating) that high in the first place, they can do it again.

me personally i would like this, cos i find alot of ppl scared to play me (modest i know). :p

having all got 0 it would be fun to just play for fun, but flyordie wont do so, because it will stop ppl from buying a second name to just have fun on, and not worry about, and have a rating name.

so therefore flyordie will lose out.

but ne way just reset every 1, would be a great laugh to see who moans like a little kid

ty matt :D
I believe that this new rating system has forced the bankers to bank even more because they cant get the same amount of points as they used to. also what i dont get it how could you have the old system in the tourneys on tanx but everything else is the old? Make up your mind FOD ;\. Yes in the tourney you can get a lot of points quick. I have experienced it and i know people here have experienced getting points quick, but they also go quick because of the old system being in Tourneys. So who knows its crazy. Cobs :p
rightio then all the ppl care about is points

well then strip points from the game no arguments den hehehehehe

another words no one has rateings no more they get taken from fod all together
thats the worst idea eva, resetting the points would be ok tho :p
What would resetting the points do?? People dont work forever on there points look at stunrun he *was* an unsub. He only got a rating like once a week what does he have a 5ball. The first day you reset the points the good people would be gaining 100 an hour theyd be the same after 2 days..
yeh thats the idea, theres some not so good ppl, wid higher ratings
May i ask u if there not good how do they keep there rating???
GOOD IDEA WERE U A MOD DURING THIS TIME.

im glad we changed the rating system i think veriac had a great idea that i think its the rating system we use now.

TY VERIAC!!!!!!!
id sooner play my m8s its less hassle and more fun but i did once get accused of cheatin 4 playin friends even tho my points were below 10 lol i can play well wen i feel like it but 2 b honest i cant stand players who think they can use me 2 reach there nxt target takes all the fun out of the game 
Eh, in theory sounds good but it really is not. Its like when u start a new nick. If your good or a banker u can have 300 within 1 day. in 4 days u can have 450. reset is pointless within 1month everyone is back to were they were. The ones who earned and worked hard lose out the most. Specialy the ones who are not good at rating. Not everyone who plays for rating cares that they lose it. I play for rating i keep it at a level i can maintain. (480-510 Tanx.) When i die in ops i don't care unless hiders join and just target me other wise i'm fine wit a loss:p. anyway everything go's back to normal within 1 month. So, what really happend? People got mad because of reset FOD loses more players (not good). Best thing to do id say is hire more mods. that way more on to watch:p.
err guys :| this topic is more than 3 years old..why do u open it?
Lol, 3 yrs old, mayb thy think we need 2 update the system agen and start every1 off at 0 points.
but wht veriac sed bout cheaters 3 yrs ago was silly, in connect 4, wht happens if ur 1 of best and get high quik?
r u automatically a cheater.
thts wht ppl wud call u
does it matter wen the post was made? theres sum valid points and it saves sum1 re-writtin it 
well ye it does..if noone replied to it for 3 years,means its forgotten
yep i agree with you  i dont mind being reset lets all start again.....  any one agree ??????
look why does everyone need to be reset? :|

from what i can see it was an old rank sysyem and a new one inforced, so i think he means reset everyone on new rank.

and ps... its 4 years old :|
Do not bring back topics that are 4 years old and no longer relevant.

Topic Locked.