« Back to All Topics
New feature: nickname change
Posted in 
General
Posted in 
General
As many of you have requested, there is a new change nick button on the Edit Profile page. 

Everybody can change their name, but if changed, then the next change can only be performed after one year.
❤️
🙃
Hello hoat4

Excellent news, many users wanted that option. Thank you very much for always thinking about us and improving our site every day.

Greetings.
Edited by Damaris
❤️
🙃
Wow, this is awesome! 
Thank you for that!
John :)
❤️
Does this allow you to change your account name to a name that has previously been banned? Or a variation of it
❤️
Hello  Enjoy The Game

If the name that has been banned still exists in the flyordie registry you cannot use it again, you would have to look for a name that is not registered. You can also remove or add letters to the name you want to make changes to, as long as it has the exact number of characters that the system allows.

Greetings
Edited by Damaris
❤️
That's a very nice addition indeed. Well done & thank you for implementing it. I'm sure so many people will be pleased as I certainly am :).

Keep up the good work!

Kind Regards, Jeff.
❤️
Hey 𝐡𝐨𝐚𝐭𝟒,

Great news! I appreciate this very much.

𝑹𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔
𝒄𝒐𝒐𝒍𝒓𝒖
❤️
Light Fantastic, so cool 😎 thanks & great addition dude. Just thinking what to change mine to if so, I may have also figured a way around the background/environment issue I'm having with eco settings, I have been experimenting with guest's lol, but really I would desire it to be fixed soon as because my figured method isn't the best but it's alright. Environment heavily puts me off aiming, so prefer black background.
Hi, would you like to share your workaround with us? :)
Edited by John Stewart
Awesome. I just changed my nick from JessieIsMyDog to CharlieIsMyDog since Jessie passed 4 years ago. Thanks so much for the great news and thanks as well to the people who made it happen.
❤️
Here's something about changing your nick that might interest you. When you do, you will retain all your old stats and everywhere that your old nick appears, like in someone's info, it will now show the new nick. I checked in someone's info that I play reversi with regularly and we also played checkers two years ago. My new nick even shows on her info from two years ago. Now here's where this can be of great use. Someone many of us know is a very good reversi player who definitely does not use a program yet some new nick has been harassing him and calling him a program so I did some checking and the harasser is someone who this good player thought was his friend, they played regularly. Well, guess what? That harassers nick is now gone and where it said the old nick in the good players info, now shows the new nick. So this new change your nick option has some added benefits. Thank you FOD.
🙃
Good feature to add, thanks. Surprised it isn't a subsriber only perk, could have made a few quid out of it if it was!

Hmm, what to change it to! 🤔
❤️
Good job.
I can boldly say that it is one of the most interesting updates that have been done so far. I appreciate the development team.
❤️
Nice feature. Very nice indeed !
❤️
Excellent feature👌

Thank you very much hoat4 👍
❤️
Ha valaki feladja a játékot ,pedig csak be tudna lépni a házba a rendszer sima gyözelmet számol. Feladás gomb semmit nem ér Backgammonba ,több miatta az  idegesség mint a szórakozás.  De  a lényeg ,hogy a név csere az megy az nagyon fontos
🙃
Im honestly alittle two faced about this because there will be a reason for many stealers to just get your nick name change it and get it banned for the statistics, and i can assume people will be stolen so they need to start again because their nickname doesnt work and have no idea how to get it back when the mail is being changed. It will be a huge problem here on fod so ive no idea why everyone is so praised about it. Especially If i dont wanna be stolen i need to force myself banned to save others taking and changing my nick so my identity wont be edited after a banishment, It very sad. Other hand. It's easier to get members for UBR which is nice but overally im kinda scared about this in the future especially anything around theft and/or Stolen nickname policy.