« Back to All Topics
What is the dice with dots next to some players headings
Posted in 
General
Posted in 
General
Just that - why do some players have those dice dots and not others - is it to do with frequency of play or the players ability in winning against higher rated opponents?
🙃
Hi red balls,
The "oldtimer score" or "dice" as some people call it, is a way for players to identify the commitment and the conduct of a player.  New players don‘t have it yet. 

The oldtimer score is calculated based on time spent by playing the games. Demerits can - , and bans will cause a blow toward your oldtimer score. Points are deducted and you can lose your dice completely. 

Kind regards,
John
Seems to me John, repeat offenders could,care less about dice 'spots'. I would advocate for some kind of more severe punishments, though I know, with paying customers, that might not be in FLOD's financial interests...
Hi Ritamay, 
There ARE more severe punishments than removing some good points  - or the dice, of course. 
If someones violates the rules. The moderators have the ability to demerit them, ban them temporarily or even permanently. 

For additional information, please refer to FlyOrDie's 'Rules of Use' at 
https://www.flyordie.com/games/help/moderation.html.

Kind regards, John
Edited by John Stewart
Ritamay , 

To give you a concrete answer,

Thank you for avoiding giving personal "a priori" going in the direction of discrediting the site and its moderation and I quote this passage,

"Although I know that, with paying customers, it might not be in the financial interest of ......".

Rules are established for users, whether they are subscribers or not.
The rules of procedure are and must be respected and any action taken against a player is checked and rectified if necessary.