Missing on purpose 9 ball
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Hi, I am trying to understand this rule: 
Opposing player is on 4 ball, hits 5 ball instead, leaves me with a snooker, I don't get an option to move the white ball. 

This is being done on purpose by sly little players and it's ruining the game

Can this be changed so the opposing player has the option of moving the white ball? 

This would stop players like Jimmy Bright and the likes bring sly 

Thanks in advance
❤️
😢
🙃
Hitting the wrong ball should be followed by "ball in hand".
❤️
That's correct but unfortunately it isn't the case
I have tried it, and it said "bad hit - ball in hand".
Please try to make a short video if unexpected things occur in such situations.

Ty
❤️
Hey!

After our conversation I tried this with "pro rules" activated.  I tapped another ball that I shouldn't have and my opponent received a "ball in hand", I have a screenshot to back this up, don't think you can add screenshots onto the forum anymore though.
?
So your on the next number ball in pro rules, you nominate a pocket but hit another ball which snookers your opponent, your opponent then has no option to move and is snookered
I am sorry but I still get the "bad hit - ball in hand" messages after following your instructions.
Just happened to me, see screenshot.  

https://ibb.co/9qT2Wrt

My opponent was on the 7 ball, hit the 7 but potted another ball and therefore the "called ball was not pocketed" and snookered me behind the 9 ball.

I should be offered a "ball in hand" in this situation, no?
Edited by FOD Wizard
❤️
No because he hit the object ball 1st and there was no foul
https://ibb.co/ZW92YXS

Sorry, my link autodeleted, attached screenshot.
Crazy this, hopefully it gets changed as its ruining the game
?
?
The game has been like this for like 15-20 years now. The problem is that the "official" 9-ball variant does not have ball and pocket calling rule, nor does it have any rules about "being snookered". 
So all I can advise for now, is to avoid the "pro rules" if you find this version disturbing.
I understand, the problem with no pro rules is that you or the opponent can win via a fluke simply by smashing the object ball into the 9 ball and there's a small chance it goes in. 

I think this is the reason the game isn't as popular as other games which is unfortunate as I love every game in FOD, I just wish more people would participate 

KR 
Peter
Hopefully one of these works so as you can see my test on this mentioned above...

https://ibb.co/mJQqKw4
Edited by FOD Wizard
hes on about people nominating the wrong ball for example if 5 is supposed to be potted they would pot the 5 but nominate the 7 and leave the other person in a snooker
Agh, I see what you mean now...
Fly or die can this rule be changed? Sorry it took 4 people to get there lol! 

It's just so frustrating as certain players abuse the anomaly/rule and it's not right
Could you please describe the exact steps to reproduce this situation?