« Back to All Topics
Leaving a game early
Posted in 
General
Leaving a game early
Posted in 
General
Leaving a game early
This should incur a large points deduction to stop players doing this when the chances of winning are low.
Hi ADJ,

If someone leaves a game early, you win. 

If your opponent's Internet connection is interrupted (or if they disconnect from the internet), remain in the game for a minute until your opponent's nickname is no longer visible. If you do this, the victory will be credited to you automatically.

Cheers,
John
You shouldn't care about that since you get the victory instantaneously. The problem is with users that let their time run out when they're, for example, about to get check mated or something of the sort. I always report them because 1. shows they're bad losers, 2. they're wasting both of our time.
Many reasons for leaving a game early -- at least for me.
I'm a lousy player and from time to time other players want to cede games to me
to give me points.  And I'm asking them to "please play" because I don't want free points.
Other times, I'm making dinner and have to leave ...
Or my sound is on and I have to turn it down which takes a bit of time and other player thinks I've left.
There are reasons at times -- but I guess there are also players who do it for different reasons?
I agree and have brought this point up before. If they resign that's fine but just leaving is bad sportsmanship.