How to Discourage Multi-Nicks
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
Here is my idea.......

When a 'new player' signs up - they should not have the ability to earn points in their first 50 matches or something like that.

When a legitimate new player signs up - it takes them that long to start consistently earning points anyways.

That way - when you have an experienced player who creates a new nickname - they don't immediately sky rocket up with points and steal points away from other players.

I've been using this site for 6 years now and this is my 2nd nickname (previously Nate-Licker.)  

So earning 0 points in the first 50 matches is an 'initiation' process and discourages multi-nickers.

Just an idea to start the conversation.
That won't make any difference. After the 50 games they will just do the same thing anyway.
Seems a sensible enough idea, should not be too hard to implement. Seen similar stuff on forums where you can't access certain areas until you've made 30 posts.
I played someone with the username 'Dragon Blood' today.  They have a rating of 375 after 43 matches.

So clearly this is a highly rated player using a new nickname.  

Once these multi-nickers start realizing they aren't earning points at first - it's going to let deter them from doing this.

Players like 'Dragon Blood' know they can just shoot up right away in points ASAP so with the ease of us - many are doing it.
FE how about you start paying for use in this site and then come up with legitimate ideas....how does that sound Mr.Demerit  or nate licker whoever you are..
i cannot stand people that post and post and post about bs but refuse to pay pennies every month to ensure the site keeps going....make no sense to me...thoughts?
people that actually use a free service but yet complain about it!!!  thoughts?
honestly FE  you would have a better chance of having lunch with the pope than having this site listen too you about random bs ideas
the only people that have anything too say in here are the non-subscribers... cmon,,,i guess everyone wants something for free!!!!!
spoon > This solution would benefit the subscribers and non-subscriber alike. Also with an attitude like yours, who would listen to you? You couldn't even get one thought together. You had to post four times in ten minutes. How about taking a breath and then contributing. 

I subscribed and there was a problem with my screen {the screen was smaller narrower than before}. The mods or whoever was responding didn't offer anything that worked. Why would I subscribe again when no solution was offered? 

Also with the ads, they make their money.