« Back to All Topics
java won't down load
Posted in 
Curling
java won't down load
Posted in 
Curling
java won't down load
I've down loaded java 3 times on my 8.1 laptop .The java down window keeps poping up asking me to down load java .It won't let me in .any help will be appreciated. 

Have you installed it after downloading?

Its in my programs 3 times but still won,t allow me to play
What do you mean by in your programs, downloaded 3 times or downloaded & installed? Where did you download the java from?  If installed did you verify after install? I would suggest that you uninstall if you have installed & do a fresh install. When you get it sorted & that stupid annoying pop up comes back again just click later & still come to the site as its a load of bull. Lets know how you get on.
I have been sticking to Windows 7 because of the Win8 horror stories I hear but one of the new machines in our office is Win8.1 and we had an install problem with another piece of software. The solution was to open up task manager and look for any Windows Installer processes running. Killing those tasks allowed us to go ahead with the install. 
If he done the right install when asked it should be ok but if he went to the page & just picked 1 then it might be the wrong 1, e.g 64 bit instead of 32, Craig I agree that windows 8 is a pain.
I have 8.1 there was no problem till refreshed my computer .and now java won't load in general 8.1 has been no problems except for java down load .There was no problem before refreshed the 8.1  .

I have 8.1 there was no problem till refreshed my computer .and now java won't load in general 8.1 has been no problems except for java down load .There was no problem before refreshed the 8.1  .
I have down load and installed at 62
I have down load and installed at 62bits
Thanks for time .I'm going to consult Microsoft or dell to see if they can help 
Refreshed as in a system restore?