« Back to All Topics
Players moaning in 9 Ball 
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Right i'm rather new here and i normally in real life play snooker or Blackball pool and iv never really played 9 ball before until i have come here on this site

I understand the basics and i know that potting the 9 ball is obviously the key to winning the game and it can be done by potting it off the break (i know thats very hard but not impossible) planting the ball needed to be hit on to the 9 to pot it or even potting the 9 on its own 

but what really bugs me is this why do so many players moan about ''combos'' or as i call it ''planting''??? is that not the aim of the game to pot the 9 regardless which way you play the game???

By the looks of things nothing will be done about this which is a shame

i do kindly ask those who read this who play 9 ball very often that if you do not want to play the planting way then do not play me thanks

Basingstoke 
i actually hate playing 9ball.The reason i hate it is it doesn't take much skill to win.I just smash and combo into the 9ball which a lot of players do and sometimes i win,sometimes my opponent wins.
I find a lot of the time its more luck than skill which is the reason i don't generally play it.

8ball,snooker,blackball, all have an order and do require some skills and some luck.straight pool is interesting as it requires you to be able to pot but basically no order.
Or you just subscribe and play pro rules, then no smash and combo;)

Well, I personally play with pro rules, this eliminates possibilities of players just hitting the ball square around the table in hope to pot the 9 ball in a pocket that they have not nominated, many people dis like pro rules, but, this really does help.

Play how you wish to play, don't worry about how others rate or comment on how you play, your ability is unique to you.

Good luck

Regards,
Sullivan88

I think i'm just gonna make this clear and get it out of my system as this still bothers me 

Anyone who plays 9 ball quite often and don't like ''combos'' or ''plants'' then i'd like to say don't play me thank you 

The obvious aim of the game is to pot the 9 anyway you can regardless if its by a combo or just giving the required ball to be hit given a good smack around the table 
Ha Ha people who moan about combos should maybe try a different game? I personally don't like 9 ball as I don't think much skill if any is needed there but that's just my opinion. Then again wherever you go whatever game you play there will always be people who cry or moan at something or another so just use the mute button its there for a reason.