« Back to All Topics
to moderator about hacking programs
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
IS THE MODERATOR AWARE THAT PEOPLE ARE USING HACKING PROGRAMS TO CHEAT.IF SO WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO ABOUT IT,BECAUSE I WONT SUBSCRIBE AGAIN AND IM SURE OTHERS ARE FED UP .ALL I WANT IS AN HONEST GAME OF CURLING
how does this program work and why would someone want make a program to cheat a game that has no more than 300 people playing at one time?
i have NEVER encountered anyone that i would have suspected of cheating 
people hack for fun.there is no rhyme or reason to their actions.all i know is that stone speed,jumpy server,chat overload,smiley face antics,screen freeze all happen far too often for chance.i have 60mgbt signal so nothing wrong my end and it just spoils a great game
people hack for fun.there is no rhyme or reason to their actions.all i know is that stone speed,jumpy server,chat overload,smiley face antics,screen freeze all happen far too often for chance.i have 60mgbt signal so nothing wrong my end and it just spoils a great game.I also think when say 7 people are watching your game,and are constantly chating the power bar becomes irratic and jumpy spoiling the game.

lufc3,
What you describe here has nothing to do with hacking but IS a real issue. From what I can gather it is a "java virtual machine" (JVM) threading issue.

The "game thread" should have higher priority than the "chat thread" or the "stats thread" or the "player list" thread. Unfortunately that is not the case. This makes "chatter flooding" a very effective tactic. Even if you remember to mute everyone in the game room, the constant movement of spectators in and out of the room will cause the "player list thread" to overrun the game thread. The game then becomes all jumpy. Maybe an 8 "processor core" or better machine can make this better.
You can just chalk those up as picks.

In real curling sometimes rocks take off or stop quicker or go further than normal due to debris, or how the rock was sanded or cut or a piece of ice is quicker than other spots. Maybe there was too much handle or not enough?

Like I said, in real curling, weird stuff happens all the time.
ty for  explaining how they do it,so people with multiple nicks can use this tactic to cheat and they do constantly,but i agree now not hacking,cheating by vicarious means
hi also a no spectators setting would eliminate the prolem in normal play and especially tournament mode(which is when it annoys me most)
The ability to create a private rink would be very welcome. Muting just does not create the same private atmosphere. Even muted guests watching can adversely affect play. 
erjc just explained to you the answer!!