« Back to All Topics
Cheaters in Go. I am a paid member and furious
I paid this site to be a member... I love playing on her and love Go. However, there are some people that cheat.Here is how the game I just played for an hour looked like:

I played a guy who was a yellow shield. He was super weak because he only played weak people. I crushed him by at least 60 but I was too lazy to count it exactly. Well then he played this little game, which I have had happen to me before. He kept playing in my territory to take it up until i had none left to play. Well I knew his plan because ellinos had done it before... So i played in his territory, knowing he had less. We went on and on. Everytime we passed, he marked everything dead and i rejected it. Then if it was his turn when he passed it was his turn again after I rejected. I used this to my advantage to get himto fill in his territory because he couldnt play in mine, or he would commit suicide. This worked for a little. Then he marked only the correct stones dead so I accepted, then I marked his and he rejected. It should have been his turn, based on that system, but since i marked then rejected, it was myturn...  wtf! Then I couldnt do anything because he'd do the same thing over and over. Well eventually I ended up not marking anything and passing, because I was frustrated and trying to make it his turn. But he didnt mark anything and ended up winning, because he had more "territory" and the majority of my territory were his 50 dead stones.... I was pissed. 

I don't know how that could be fixed, but I have a suggestion... Make a report button. In a situation like that, it is easy to look at the kifu ad make an executive decision based on the results... It would be better if you were able to record the conversation and the times and ways passed too. This is a very very very very common situation. It makes the game so messed up, considering that one of the principles of Go is honesty... This is not a threat at all, but I will refuse to spend money on something that is easily avoidable. 

As a side note, the buddy system as a member needs fixing too. Everytime I add buddies, it deletes them from my buddy list later. It's frustrating. Also, it would be nice to have buddies separated from the rest of the people for easier visibility. Thank you.