8 ball new version...
Posted in 
Billiards
8 ball new version...
Posted in 
Billiards
8 ball new version...
To Op

I personally prefer the 8 ball old version, but i cant do nothign about that.. 

The new version is good and was made to make the game more realistic.. but the balls just dont roll as they would in real pool, when trying to make a saftey you cant because you foul due to the ball hardly rolling and you get a no rail.. Also when you make a straight shot and you try to get postion, its hard to do because you cannot roll the balls in, you have to hit them at speed and causes no postion or a foul. 

can you please try and make the balls roll abit more or faster. 

Cheers. 
The power has been changed, that is true. However, this was in order to give you more control for precise shot, for example safeties. 

You have to hit a bit harder to get the same speed as before, but at the same time, you can achieve more precise control at lower speeds, if you get used to it after a while.

OP
also i think you should mix old version with new version and then everyones happy lol 
its really hard to get used of this new power
Alright mate I posted a message about this and I agree i want to mix in old version with new version ;)

James
Yes i agree with the mix of both versions would be cool if that could happen..
go to login and chose what version would be Awesome :)
old version is a lot better & more fun to play
Repeating that "old version is better" without saying why do you think this, is quite pointless.
It seems like majority of our players prefer the new version after getting used to it. 
Let me clear something: old version will not come back as the primary pool game on our site, and will soon be removed, as no one actually plays it.
Let me clear another thing: the two will not be "mixed", for several reasons.

However, we are still open to constructive suggestions about how do you think the game can be further improved, and what is it so appealing in the old version that makes it indispensable.

thank you

OP
positional play is a lot better on old version & speed of balls. if you make the table faster it would be great.
You can always adjust the mouse sensitivity on your system if you find the balls too fast/slow.

Need to sort out this 'bad hit' bug. It happened to me again. Opponent pots white on break then on my shot says bad hit all the time. Bad bug.     
About the power thing..
The balls are ok when they start with rolling.
But at the end the balls stops really quickly to roll.
You might change that.
Thats so annoying.

Tommy
A new option has been added which will give you more power (the same as in old version), if needed. 
It's called "boost shot power".

OP

With this option, its finally almost like old version ty
The issue of force or slower .. I have also suffered

1. I couldnt place the next ball like i wanted.
 2. I couldnt snook my opponent
 3. Also gave ball in hand in some occasions due to the     strength of the shot ..

But after a few games I realized that just a matter of practice, getting used to and the quality of player .. In my case I can do almost everything he did in the old version ..

Two things that are still very uncomfortable I still do    are:

1. In some shots the game puts you rotate the effect forward and you can not change .. And obligations have to    pull so.

Example
[img=
http://www.imagengratis.org/images/aad9ya.png
]

2.In the shot control, would be more confortable if the buttons "shot, aim, fine aim" are like the button "move" (the zise i meant) because sometimes when you click on it, it didn't get actived, e.g,   you must click it more than 2 times,  if you want to aim, spin back, etc, because they are too "small" also, when you are ready for shot, you lose the concentration on the ball cause you must try to click at the right button.

Example
[img=
http://www.imagengratis.org/images/btz4jt.png
]

( i dont know if the fool is just me, or someone else has already thought of it )

bye. good day

[Edited by: The-Blonde. (moderator) on Oct 18, 2011 9:14 PM]

[Edited by: The-Blonde. on Oct 18, 2011 9:32 PM]
1. it is quite normal that you cannot apply full backspin if the cueball touches the cushion, isn't it.

2. if you find the current buttons confusing, you can use the keyboard shortcut CTRL for fine aim, right mouse button to shoot, etc...

OP
if the ball is touching rail, yes (but it would be better if it allows you to change the spin, since its not a 100% real game by being a virtual one) but in occasions it doesnt let you change the spin to the front, even if the ball isnt touching rail. 
Thank 

[Edited by: The-Blonde. on Oct 18, 2011 9:36 PM]
Well, it can also happen that another ball, which is positioned nearby, does not allow backspin. This is considered to be normal as well, I think.

Ok fine, thanks for your reply, good day...
lol, had not tested the button " elevate " very good option to use better the effects.

[Edited by: The-Blonde. on Oct 18, 2011 10:49 PM]
i agree about cliking on button, not always work at the first try
Clicking on cue control buttons should be easier now. If you had moved your mouse too fast it might have left the button area by the time of releasing the mouse button. That's why you had to "click twice". Now, buttons will be activated even if the mouse leaves their activation area.
Exactly .. very good job, thank you very much to solve this " problem " 

My thoughts is about the new version pool games I most often play, wich is 8-ball and now also straight pool, wich I saw in the english site version.
(You click the english/american flag at the bottom of the page (the first flag)

I dont have as much trouble now compared to the beginning. I understand it better (My first language isnt english.)
I havent yet tried the extra power I read is available (just in breaks or . .?)
And at least, it is said that further changes might be added. 

I would like to see some things wich I remember from real pool, for example to be able to make a strong spin (and in both slow and fast shots, as in real billiards) 

But I function better now with the new version. 
For those who dont like it at all after a longer time: maybe there is need of space for this older version, since its much about climbing the points, so some space could be needed, so many can play, if they wish.
If many would play, why not? I mean, if I couldnt play the new one with satisfaction, I would be quite sad having to leave the site. Internet doesnt seem to have many pool sites as this one.

My apology to those whos been offended by me, not by intent, but still. For example, a time I thought ul ment u loose.
Sorry for my bad replies to that, I thougth you were bullying me !! SORRY
(Lets deal with the real bullys instead).
You that bully - shame on you.
Let us have an option, where we very easy can take a snapshot of the conversation and send it to the adminstrators.(Or is it very easy all ready, I havent done that much. Is there a fast way?)

Thanks for the fun and also to all of you who play.

sweden

i have 1 thing 2 say 2 you 247 ....... LOL