« Back to All Topics
Continental Cup - 26th/27th March
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
The 3rd Continental Cup on Online Curling is going to be on 26th/27th March – all weekend. The Team Captains are “EveMuirhead” (Europe) and “Hitman_” (NorthAmerica). See 
http://www.ContinentalCup.net

The match schedule is as follows:
6 end singles. Each player has two matches, at 18.00 then 19.30 GMT Saturday
8 end team singles. Each player has two matches 21.00 then 22.30GMT Saturday
6 end Skins. Each player has one match 18.00GMT Sunday
The Grand Finale skins matches with be on Sunday evening (UK time) which is Sunday afternoon in USA/Canada. Two players from each team involved.

Time zones are as follows:
Vancouver:          GMT minus 8 hours
Alberta:            GMT minus 7 hours
Sask & Winnipeg     GMT minus 6 hours
New York            GMT minus 5 hours
Nova Scotia         GMT minus 4 hours
UK/Ireland/Portugal GMT
Rest of Europe      GMT plus 1 hour

Each team will have 6 players, and a number of “Alternates” who may be called upon by the Team Captain if one of the 6 is unavailable. An alternate must have a lower “highest ever rating” than the player they are replacing. Also, the two players nominated for the four Grand Finale skins games (two players from each team each playing two matches) MUST have played in the opening singles matches on Saturday.

I have e-mailed a number of players - if you haven't been invited please post your Country, e-mail and highest and current rating below. If you don’t get to play, or are an alternate only, I will try and let you play in Cup4. Cups 1 & 2 were a lot of fun, and were decided during the Grand Finale Skins. Europe won… My aim is to have two teams of similar overall ability – in Cup 1 the total rankings of the two teams were the same! You may end up playing in a mismatch – a strong player against a weaker opponent. If so, one of your team mates will be playing a stronger opponent. The scoring system may seem complicated, but don’t worry – leave that to Eve and Hitman, who played in Cup1.

MuddyD (AT) gmx.com
"Curling is a game of skill and of tradition. A shot well executed is a delight to see and it is also a fine thing to observe the time-honoured traditions of curling being applied in the true spirit of the game. A true curler would rather lose than win unfairly."
i am interested 

country = canada    

e-mail = maxgilling@hotmail.com 

Highest rating = 114 

Current rating = 106
The response has been underwhelming - so it won't take place this weekend.
I would like play

Poland (highest:386, current:230)
I am new Country Canada
best ranking 0 currect ranking 0
There aren't enough players interested. I will hold it again soon, with each round of matches held during a weekend. Should give the Team Captains a chance to organise alternates if team members are unavailable.

Muddy