« Back to All Topics
quitters
Posted in 
Curling
quitters
Posted in 
Curling
quitters
i was wondering if there was any possibility on there being an icon next to a players nameto warn other players that they have a reputation of leaving games if they are losing. this would help players like me identify who would be a decent opponent
I do not mind people quitting if they are losing..how about if they win the first end and quit or quit if they get the lead? That is way worse...
I just played an interesting player, FantomasX. We played 3 times.

In the first game we said we will play 4 ends. I was in the lead after 3 ends and had the hammer. He left before we could play the last end.

In the second game we said we play 3 ends. I had the hammer in the first end. We was about to get 3 and left before i could finish my last rock. Therefore i only scored 1.

In the third game he asked "What is your problem, why do you run?" I told him that it was not me who ran. I had the hammer again in the first end. This time i even was about to score 6 with my last rock. But again I couldnt do it, FantomasX left again and I only scored 1.

I will not play with that player again.
i cant remember the last good game ive had where i have not been abused or called racist names even when i point out that im white, i had a player called GREAT BRITTAN and he repeatedly called me a paki ha ha and then went on chat saying i was asking for pictures of hs sister,i mean what a clown,great britain,nothing great about it they should change that name
you have to watch Einstine hes a mouth piece too also  british
Its called a MUTE button, and once you MUTE them, you dont even see them again. Also, since I didnt see how old this thread is, if a Player leaves early you win 1-0, but if you have 2 or more stones in, you get those as well. so, 5 instead of 6 bites, but there ya go. Also,if your subbed, set your MIN/MAX ends to whatever you prefer, and if they leave you win all the ends set.
There is also a "report abuse" link on the offending player's player info page, which is probably more efficient to use for this purpose than the forum.

Thanks,

OP
same thing happened while playing fantomasx,we agreed on ends and he left in 2nd end when i had draw for 3,points arent as important as playing the game for the game

I don't mind when people quit after an end, especially if they are losing (I've did it many times when I'm losing). But, I hate it when people quit before you throw your last shot. This has happened to me twice in the last day. Last night I had an open draw to any part of the rings for 6 and the guy left before I could get my shot off, I only scored 5. Same thing happened this afternoon. As a result I only scored 5 in both ends. It takes all of the fun out of playing. As I said I can understand someone not having 5 more minutes to play an entire end, but it only would have taken 10-15 seconds for that draw to get to the rings.