« Back to All Topics
Rating System
Posted in 
Curling
Rating System
Posted in 
Curling
Rating System
Anyone here who can go a bit into detail about the rating system??
... and who the hell is Prof. Árpád Élő, the inventor of this rating system?

I am just curious.

What Has That Got To Do With The ''Flyordie'' Rating System Flyordie Would Of Made it. 

Thanks Southern 10.
Nice post 604. You answered Alpine Rocker's question. Nice to know the science that the FlyOrDie ratings system is based on. Thank you.
IF YOU GET 1 YOU LOST 2 IF YOU SCORE 3 YOU USE PI ARE ROUND FORMULE AND LOOSE 4 IF YOU PLAY HALF END YOU RUN AND GAIN 5 IF YOU DONT PLAY FOR 1 WEEK YOU LOOSE 10 SIMPLE VERY SCIENTRIFIC
> Anyone here who can go a bit into detail about the
> rating system??
As I Said Before Flyordie Would Of Made The Rating System Is That Chess Guy Alive Now? Was He Here When Flyordie Was Made?

i Doubt They Get The Ratings From Him.

Thanks Southern 10.
Hello Southern 10,

What Has That Got To Do With The ''Flyordie'' Rating System Flyordie Would Of Made it.

According to the link earlier in the thread (
http://www.playcurling.com/faq.html?topic=rating)
 the FlyOrDie rating system is based on that developed by Professor Elo.

As I Said Before Flyordie Would Of Made The Rating System Is That Chess Guy Alive Now? Was He Here When Flyordie Was Made? i Doubt They Get The Ratings From Him.

According to the Wikipedia link earlier in the thread, Professor Elo's rating system was introduced in 1960, adopted WorldWide in 1970, and he died in 1992. There is a link on the Wikipedia page to a book that might help you understand it. Hope this helps.
Southern 10: you are a clown. Just because the guy is dead, doesn't mean they don't use his system. That's like saying just because Isaac Newton is dead we don't use gravity anymore.

I actually really like the rating system, works perfect in a game like this.
Sorry I Miss Read But Yes HE Made The System But Flyordie Would Of Made All The Programming For It

Thanks Southern 10
Hello yall,

How can go a bit more deatail bc im lost....so ppl say stuffnd yall say stuff so can u try to explain. plz. thnks

see ya wen i see a replie!!:)
Hey yall,

He did make it??? How did he make it?????:O!!!

thnkz :)!!
hey yall, 

Ur rite 604..i argee with u all the way and he might be dead tht dont meaan w dnt use it southen. okii if made a site where alot of ppl go on and u died and would uwant us to say tht bout u???:O!! So plz dnt say tht cuz then u look like a clown excaulty wht 604 said.

thxz:)
>Southern 10: you are a clown

Wow, nice of you to be so polite to the guy. English is clearly not his first language, there's no need to act like that :|

>That's like saying just because Isaac Newton is dead we don't use gravity anymore.

That's a poor analogy. Isaac Newton didn't 
create
 gravity like Prof. Elo created his system of scoring.

>>He did make it??? How did he make it?????!!!

With Mathematics most of us won't be able to replicate easily :p
Hey yall, 

Okii chris...i was just idk on how he did this. Thats kool. :p!!!! ;)!!!! Thxz

And Southern how poilte of you to say that??!!! U r a clown...if u dnt hv nuthin nice to say hen dnt say it at all:)