« Back to All Topics
Percentage next to skill level
I have this as my skill level
Piercing/Slicing weapon skill: 34 (73%)

what does the percentage next to my skill level mean?
How developed that particualr skill is.
Yeah basically how developed the skill lv is, meaning you need another 27% for skill lv 35, then it will start at 0% again:

35(0%)
To connect also information together, 34(73%) means your current weapon skill level is 34, and you have passed 73% of path to improve it to level 35. Percent grows each time you use weapon of that class.
Weapon's skill level also depends which weapons will you be able to use. To be able to use weapon for level 35, you need both:
1. Reach experience lvl 35
2. Reach weapon skill lvl 35
Also, higher weapon's skill level can give additional damage to some monster, but it is insignificant (+1 hitpoint).
Does a higher intelligence mean a quicker increase in magic %? For example: let's say my intelligence is 34 and I attack a monster, win and get 0.38% magic. Now, let's say I have 40 intelligence, attack a monster, win and gain 0.72% magic.

Is this true? Or does intelligence just mean how high my magic attribute can be set rather than increasing the speed of %?

Another example: my intelligence is 34 meaning my magic can be set to 40, whereas my intelligence is 40 on another account meaning my magic can be set to 47.

Does a higher intelligence mean a quicker increase in magic %? For example: let's say my intelligence is 34 and I attack a monster, win and get 0.38% magic. Now, let's say I have 40 intelligence, attack a monster, win and gain 0.72% magic.

Is this true? Or does intelligence just mean how high my magic attribute can be set rather than increasing the speed of %?

Another example: my intelligence is 34 meaning my magic can be set to 40, whereas my intelligence is 40 on another account meaning my magic can be set to 47.

---
Thanks for a post, Angelgrinder :D! You might be right, that idea of speed of increasing magic level is worth proving. But as I know for now - IQ only influences maximal Magic Skill level can be learnt by casting spells - which is IQ*1.3 approximately.
The rate of magic skill increase does not depend on your intelligence attribute. It is the function of the amount of mana cast and experience level. Also, the higher your magic skill above the exp level is, the slower it increases, and when your reach magic=level+4 dramatically so.

The intelligence attribute, of course determines the maximum magic skill you can learn, it is indeed int*1.3 rounded to the nearest integer. It is also a major factor in how many mana points you gain when levelling.

Cheers, EG.