« Back to All Topics
is Chess Solved?
Posted in 
Chess
is Chess Solved?
Posted in 
Chess
is Chess Solved?
I saw on this one guy's stats in the 20min game matches that chess is dead and something about he can always draw them. Can someone go in high depth for me on what parts of chess have been solved?

Thanks,

The New Mike
There are more piece combinations on a chess board than there are stars in the universe. 

Sure, chess is evolving. But solved? Not even close.
Hey Suit, did you go by the name SuitUSir a long time ago? I remember reading you from many years ago, around 6-7 years ago in fact. Time sure passes by quickly. Anyway, I went by a few names but maybe you'll recoagnize my former name ChessWarped. Hope to talk with you soon.
Dude! Well remembered. I remember ChessWarped but saying in years how long ago it was really does make me feel old now. And I still don't have a life haha 
Lol, yeah I've wasted a lot of time myself... It's good to see at least one person I recognize here though. We should play chess sometime. When do you play chess on here?
It is said that there are more positions in Chess up to move 40 than there are atoms in the universe. This is the reason Chess can't be solved, unless say, a cpu can create a time loop and compute infinite instructions per second.

Chess computers/programs can still play good chess though, even stronger than world class human chess players.