All tanx players' site
Posted in 
Tanx
All tanx players' site
Posted in 
Tanx
All tanx players' site
Hello everyone!
I want to share my idea with you. It would be great if the site of all tanx players would exist. There are many sites of separate clans. But there is no one common site.

Maybe I am not the first with this idea. Maybe it already exists but I don't know the address.

I realize it as a site with profiles, kind of myspace, facebook etc. The registered on FOD tanx player enters this site, probably registers again. After that he or she may upload own photos, any pictures on Tanx themes, favourite screenshots, add a brief information about himself or herself. It would really interesting and uniting for all tanx players from all the times. If it is possible, list of top players can be updated every day (week), maybe even rating of each person.

The technical problem is that we should find a person which is able to make such project. I can't :( I have some experience in programming but not web designing. Sure the site will need a moderator. I know that it is not easy, but it would be fun, I guess.

Look forward to your opinions. ;)
i volunteer myself to help moderate it. :D
I can actually put some work into it. I can register a freewebs site maybe and get a xat chatbox for every clan and those without clans on the home page or a seperate page. Just give me some input on the idea and I'll go to work on it as soon as I can.  ;)
I guess I've explained my dreams. But let's pay attention to details.

A person entering the site is invited to sign up. Usual procedure of signing up as a member. Then a person fills some sections: First name, Last name, Date of birth, City, Country, a brief information about itself, date if known of starting playing tanx (or year), used nicnames, joined clans, etc. Also a person may add a photo of itself. It's the first objective.

If it is done we may proceed improving such site with photo albums of players (or interesting screenshots). I'm thinking if a chatbox is needed. We can easily chat in Tanx. Forum? We have this one, popular enough among tanx players. Don't forget, there will be a big job in advertising the site. I think kind of guestbook to write messages would be enough.

Although, FTW XT™Commander, I appreciate your wish to help with chatbox. If it will work - that would be great! 
NucleicAcid, i think many moderators will be needed, thank you for help. 'Cause all such profiles are based on honest information. Not all persons will be honest and respectful. We don't have to invent new rules. FOD made it good.

But, as for me, the first problem is to find a good web site's programmer to reach the first and main objective consisted in a database of profiles with personal information. I know one person among tanx players: alea_tracta_est. Perhaps you, guys, don't know him because he plays not often. But he is very good in site designing. BUT.... :'( he is very engaged at main work.

More ideas are appreciated.....
WEll I've got a chatbox and a guestbook on my site. You can look at them as a model. My site is www.blaze88.webs.com  It would actually be pretty easy to just use a freewebs page and modify it. Tell me what you think. ;)

I can volunteer as a programmer, i program languages including some java, php, html, css and c++