« Back to All Topics
Game not scored
Posted in 
Technical
Game not scored
Posted in 
Technical
Game not scored
Me and my friend have been playing Go on this site and everything works normal, But when we play each other our games are not scored as a win or loss and our rating does not change. (it also doesnt show up in the records). Any idea on whats wrong?
same IP..Ur playin from same computer or same house?
No he lives a couple miles from me. We just go to the same school.
Maybe because you dont live far from each other you have the same IP, if you play someone like from the same house your rating will not change to stop people banking points like they used to.

I played a mate on here a good few times and we've never had that problem, he only lives a few hundred yard or so away.
>We just go to the same school.

Schools will have 1 IP address.  Are you playing eachother whilst at school?
It's possible for different houses to have the same IP address as well - some ISPs buy a single IP address for a street and use a local hub for each house. It
s just the same as being at school or work.
Well we cant play at school (the computers suck 2 much 2 run it). And we dont have the same IP we live a decent ways away from one another. :/ ive played my other friends that live closer to me and our games were scored just not with his.
>ive played my other friends that live closer to me and our games were scored just not with his.
What ISPs do you and your mate use, and do the other friends use the same?