« Back to All Topics
Personal Messages in Forum
How about being able to PM a user on the forum?  There's a few people that i always come across in the forum but never see in any FOD games?

Thoughts?

Lewis
Yes it's been suggested before, and with the introduction of the approval system it would make it more useful than when it was originally suggested. A few times I've seen people trying to message on the forum asking when another person wants to play a game (particularly in the tournament threads). A PM system would reduce the delay that is inevitable on here :p.
yea,good idea
we've been asking for 'edit' button for ages,got nothing in response though
Im glad others think it would be a good idea.  Could even have an option to 'add as a friend' so as you can see if your mates are online same time as you.

OPERATOR/Mods can i have your thoughts?
The problem is hat I have a funny feeling that this forum is so simple that features like this can't be implemented. Surely there is no reason why someone wouldn't "flick the switch" and turn some of these features on unless the forum wasn't capable of handling such things!
>we've been asking for 'edit' button for ages,got nothing in response though

FOD don't need the cost nor the maintenance time for running a full-featured forum, not to mention the moderation headaches if people could go back and edit previously acceptable posts. 
lol does it cost so much(to create a proper forum)? its quite simple to program.
>lol does it cost so much(to create a proper forum)? its quite simple to program.

By the time they add user profiles, pictures, personal message stores, user database etc. they would probably need a new server with more storage space. The new forum is also likely to incur extra licensing costs. This looks like a simple forum to support the games, not one designed for discussing more complex hobbies.