« Back to All Topics
Problems With Moderator Application Form
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
As the title say's, i have today sent an application form to become moderator, but was confirmed by Jadin, Slainte & Noble M14 that they haven't received the application.  I have emailed support asking for help, so whilst waiting for an answer, can anyone else suggest anything?
Could it not be the case that either the application hasn't been processed yet or you may have automatically had it declined (Maybe they have an automated screening process that only accepts those within a specified criteria which you may not have achieved).

I don't know how the process works but it may be that moderators don't get to see applications until some other staff member at FOD processes them, for validity purposes maybe?

I would give it a couple of days before looking further into the issue ;)
Well...anyone can apply Lewis...but i really wouldnt hold yer breath considering the fact you have had names permanently banned in the past.
can flyordie find out which names are perm banned before?? i mean if u change ur ip or u buy a new comp whatever?
If you buy a new computer it won't make a difference. If you bought a new computer and a new internet connection it will. But you wouldn't be able to log on any of your old names, as it would detect your on the dreaded "WANTED" list ;)
Yea it'd be better if you got a new ip etc etc THEN made a new nick and started being nice for a year or so, then maybe you might have a snip at becoming a Mod, if you've been permed before you've probably been permed more than once so no chance really, i think FOD should reconsider certain rules they have on here.

I got banned a couple of month's ago for apparently harassing someone in snooker, it was the first time i'd been banned for about 3 years but even if you got banned the first day when Mod's took charge, you'd still be on there records as a bad guy now, maybe if people could have there records wiped after a couple of years of no bans/demerits etc it would be fair :p but i dont hold my breath on here anymore.
I hope not..you'd turn purple and everybody would be worried you might kill yourself :-O
On another site where I play, you can become a mod after spending as little as 6 months without being banned.

I wouldn't say 6 months here, but I would say possibly 1 year without any ban or demerit and your record possibly being wiped.

Although I'm probably only suggesting this as I, like Scotty, wasn't the best behaved chap in the past (was never THAT bad though.
lol lewis,you were banned about a week ago by nextball,and you apply for moderator now? very smart indeed.
Agree with you there Martin. The system you suggested makes much more sense as people 
do
 change as they grow up. A lot of people on here may have joined the site in their early teens when they tended to act immature but have changed considerably when they reach their early adult years (And I would put myself in this category).

Seems slightly unfair to have a punishment or two tarnish the record of a player for the rest of their FOD days... especially when we know that in the past people have seen first hand that the moderation system is never 100% perfect and people have been wrongly punished. ;)

>>A lot of people on here may have joined the site in their early teens when they tended to act immature but have changed considerably when they reach their early adult years (And I would put myself in this category).

Your bang on with that Chris, my first nick here dates back to jan 2002, i was 14 then and they brough Mod's in about a year after that which as a 15 year old would normally do got into trouble with them, i dont know how many ban's i got back then but i know i got alot wereas now i rarely get into arguments and i always watch what im saying because i know some people like Sven have mod friends who can literally get you banned within minutes.

The fact is though we never get answers to our questions, the only time we do get answers from Op are when its about Subscribing or the game wont load, its wrong how this site works but there's nothing we can do about it.

Hey! you never know maybe one day the people who run this site will sell up and someone who actually cares about what there customers think will take over, im pretty sure i wont be here by the time that happens though. ;) 
>>Hey! you never know maybe one day the people who run this site will sell up and someone who actually cares about what there customers think will take over, im pretty sure i wont be here by the time that happens though.<< 

Hey Scotty...I think our children's CHILDREN won't even see this the way this place is going...and I am not one to ever complain about things here. I don't have much of a problem with most of the rules and stuff here, but this (not being able to be a mod because of demerits or bans that may be months ago) I do have a problem with. I would've liked to be a mod, but I have many demerits and only a couple perm bans (for ban evasion) so I am not even thinking about it right now, even though my last demerit was quite a long while ago now. I think that the record should be cleaned for every so many months (or whatever) that the person goes demerit-less and ban-less for sure. Your credit report even gets "cleaned" of say, a foreclosure, (I know of this personally!) after so long, so why would FOD not give the same courtesy to its members, a lot of whom pay good money (in this economy) to play here.

Just my two cents worth, and I am not one to preach or complain, as I have said earlier.

Peace out to all FOD players!
~LittleEarthAngel~
its amazing everyone posting about the issues here on fod and still no response.

surely fod can see that the loyal paying customers just wish things were handeled a little different, and would listen

but that obviousley that isnt an option
a punishment or 2 (some minor demerits and perhaps a temp ban) that occurred several years ago would only have a small impact on an application.

A Permanent ban (or lots of them) would pretty much put you outside of any chance.

Obviously, given a choice between someone with no bans/demerits ever, and someone was was nuaghty 2 years ago, they are STILL going to choose the one with a clean history.

So..if you were a little bit naughty a year or two ago, your chances are still reasonable, but if you received a permanent ban for anything OTHER than evasion....then your chances are close to nil

Veriac what's the position regarding people who have had a ban reversed? 
if a ban is reversed, it will remain on record, but is disregarded. 
OK Veriac, i appreciate your responce.  However, i have only ever been temp banned once & the only reason my other name was perm ban was because i signed in, to quickly talk to nextball & therefore that was why it was perm ban for ban evasion.

But anyway, maybe we could get back on topic?? Why arent they being received on FOD's side?
>if a ban is reversed, it will remain on record, but is disregarded. 

Cheers for the quick reply V :p
>>Well...anyone can apply Lewis...but i really wouldnt hold yer breath considering the fact you have had names permanently banned in the past.

I held my breath long enough & look at me now. :)

ThUnDeR AKA ŤяĬgĢў 
FlyOrDie Moderator

well there you go, my man ThUnDeR just explain it all more clear than purified water :p Some people just don't get it that to become a mod you also have to be most of the times on baby sitting bad body's :p. which can become a little frustrated sometimes.I have a question thou, even if a player has a "naughty history" and he wants to applied to moderation...could buying a new pc and maybe getting new internet provider would help him get to moderation? just curious question :)  P.S hey ThUnDeR :) you're an awesome mod (Y):)

ive considered applying to become a mod but i think a dem i had about 9months ago (first time been in trouble in 5years) might have a impact on my record.also i can be cheeky at times which may give people  a bad impression of me.
>>>But anyway, maybe we could get back on topic?? Why arent they being received on FOD's side?

So what happened to them ?
>>So what happened to them ?

Since becoming Mod I have seen a variety of Application Forms come through.  As far as i'm concerned, they ARE being received.

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator
ŤяĬgĢў, 

Cheers for the reply.

;)
if that is the case he is applying to be mod to seek revenge on someone???
Massive Respect for u Thunder !