« Back to All Topics
Connect 4 Tournament
Posted in 
Four in a Row
Connect 4 Tournament
Posted in 
Four in a Row
Connect 4 Tournament
As many players said they would participate at the big tour on devilplay, we can say now that we need to know who still thinks so. Please visit the known Forum (connect-4.communityhost.de) and tell us. Devilplay has its c4 applet now and we are working on an english tournament platform. We also need to know what you think about the rules.
o_O_loil
if i may im still in the torny if when its time just tell me here 
Hey, there's a challenge. Who's going to represent us then?

I think it should be Unforgiveable. He's got the crown and a win ratio of about 90%.

Team flyordie should win easily. As long as it can play red every time. And use a program.
ur a idiot bebop w/e dude flyordie is full of cheaters and unforgivable pbs hes barly had crown ive had it for 3 in a half months before him and ive had alot more higher points then he did and i can break him but he wont play me not to mention u dont even know that fod would get destroyed in this torny if it ever hapens and its been going on for about awhile now.

D-dog
also progams arnt aloud in the torny and they would play red styles so that palyers woudl have to play unfamliar starts.

ps: dear veriac who thinks my main purpose aprently is to imtimnate people on furoms. that is wrong i play connect four here for fun and use to play for points and its hard not to when they dont know a thing of what there talking about TY

Ddog
Yes, I know. I was being sarcastic. 

Of course programs aren't allowed! 

Everyone can see that Unforgivable plays beginners, hour after hour, day after day. Yawn.

Proggers, runners, point bankers. That's why flyordie players have such a bad reputation.

The real deal come here too though. I'm interested to see who the genuine top players are. Good luck to them in the tournament, I hope they do well. If you're one of them then good luck to you too.

P.S.   How is the team going to be selected? It would be great if we could have our own tour first. 

Every team will have to play an own tournament. Everyone can still participate, switch teams etc.
What is important is that you all tell us again that you're still alive and willing to play the tournament.
pfffffft u lot noobs forget unforgivable 
jerome should repasent us he is the best his best is 950+
pfffffft u lot noobs forget unforgivable 
jerome should repasent us he is the best his best is 950+
number one this isnt a representive tourny number 2 jerome doenst always play here he plays other places numver 3 i was 950 + here to and number 4 im the most arogent full of him self and cocky player here withch quilifys me as the best chose for fod :p
I believe the teams need a huge reorganization, at least the blip team does. Two of the strongest players in the blip team have quit and I doubt they will play the tour. The others I don't know anything about.

Personally I think the whole idea of team playing is absurd, since most of us are just playing to see what our individual results will be. I tried to invite some danish players to the championship and they didn't want to participate because it was team playing.

The idea of this championship was to find out which platform had the strongest players? That could be obtained through individual playing as well. All the participants would just have to tell which platform they mainly play at.

i.e., 

Player

Team

1.       o_O_loil           DevilPlay       187
2.       Nameless        FlyOrDie       184
3.       Devilgirl           DevilPlay       182
4.       Jer0me            Beroux          175
5.       Eliten              Blip               170
6.       flipside            Blip               170
7.       freddy_kruger   Kurnik          169

I don't know how you envisioned the outcome of this championship but I'd be happy to know. =P

The rules are somewhat unclear to me. Who decides the collection of fixed position that we're suppose to choose from? How many games do we play against each opponent?
eletin if thats ur prediction of tourny ur wrong :S
It's no prediction, it's just a simple example of how the results could be designed from a normal championship and still determine which platform that has the strongest players. I selected the names randomly and just made up some points.
Some quick replies:

1)> "Proggers, runners, point bankers. That's why flyordie players have such a bad reputation."

Have you been on kurnik lately? Proggers all over the place...in official tours. Sure, we SEE they use prog, but nothing we can do against it.

Then blip: players who play one game, then move from the table to get back in the chair that allows them to start the game again. And this goes on for hours. lol What a joke. At least FoD chooses randomly who starts.

tv2 spil: Players that can choose to start every game. Nice.

2) > "I m the most arogent full of him self and cocky player here withch quilifys me as the best chose for fod"

I totally agree, except for "the best chose for fod"

You would be a disgrace for the entire tour D-Dog

3) > "What is important is that you all tell us again that you're still alive and willing to play the tournament"

Still alive, still not willing to play the tour. You know why mate ;)

Good luck with it anyways, and I mean that.
yes you would be a bad choice for FODs representative. points do not necessarily reflect how good a player is. and ddog y r u cocky u r not a even half as decent as most players out there. ur naive to think that Fjust because ur prog is good on FOD that it makes you a really good player. you need 2 play at other sites before you can really judge how good u r
thats what im trying to get at my bad reputation with fods bad reputation thats why i think i should if thats even how it was going to be :D also nameless u see i do run but dont program and i have pbed, but who hasnt been givin a free win from time to time jerome pbed b4 and hes still a great player.

im not sayin im as good as him im saying i play well i dont program and i have proven that b4 i run on certain acounts but not all them and i dont pb any more.

just to say im going in this tournyy and i plan to win it.if i dont owell then

btw i play at blip kurnik that ipuissance 4d thing i started playing on about a month ago and i also play inet
i know im not the best i just like to act and think i am 

D-dog
Yes, I play on Kurnik but don't do the tours. I've always thought it was more honest than here. But I have heard that proggers have appeared in the official tournament. It's really sad. 

if ny1 thinks i program i would play u on kurnik if they think i use 2 computer i will play u on ipuissance a 5 second game.

connect4ist i dont know who u r maybe u know me but obvously u only know me on flyordie 
I've been following this thread for a while now, and don't whine about the representative who wants to play for your team ... because TV2 has gotten only 1 representative, and he was IP-banned from TV2.... (OMG) - and there's nothing to do about it, so stop complaining!! 
>"because TV2 has gotten only 1 representative"

you got to see things in perspective Madnessa.
TV2 Spil has very few players...I know coz I've been there. So in a way it is logic they have few players for the tournament. It's not Flyo's fault, nor mine, that the players from tv2 spil won't participate. 

By the way: why don't YOU participate? Why doesn't OWN participate? 
I don't say it's anyone's fault. I just say that people don't have to whine for the persons on their team, because TV2 has a banned person on our team.
 I don't participate because the date for the tour doesn't pleases me - I'm not home. If I had the possibility to join up the tour I doubt my abilities to be a challenge, and I don't want to join the TV2 team with Odysses on it. 
Own is only a Danish player, you don't see him on other sites than TV2, maybe on Blip, if there's no one on TV2. Then we have Evolle, but I doubt he will join the tour because of Odysses.

It doesn't really matter of how many players there's on TV2, because c4 has been a very popular game, so all the good players should be left back. We have some rookies too who has gotten really good, but they only play TV2 and Blip... I can't make them participate... 

Eliten: I back up the idea, because it will be hard to make the teams' games fit together, and that might would make more people participate, because then they don't have to think whether they want to join up with their "team mates"
i do believe the more popular a site becomes, the more cheaters it then gains, as is the case with kurnik now.
every tour there is cheaters, either using a program or having 2 names, or, which is particularly sad, making freinds give up to them just so they can win tournament which may not even happen. especially the french players in kurniks case. i think the less known the site the better, fairer players.
If you think about it really hard, you will notice that about every single game people have to cheat in ;) I guess too many people are lazy that's what some video games have cheat codes... Where ever you go, someone is going to cheat, unless you play them in real life in watching them not cheat is the only way you know that someone is truely good at a game. For instance if someone play a 10 sec. game of connect 4 at kurnik and win than I would think that it would be skill and not cheating because no one could use 2 computers that fast and than click to the spot where the marble needs to be placed. The one min bullet chess is also skill.  If you see a grandmaster there, than you know he has true skill and he doesn't cheat because 1min games are way to fast for chess. I really don't like the tournament because I don't think it will be very accurate and precise of people true skills...

Sincerly,
The New Mike
OT: Actually I know people who successfully cheated in one minute chess tournaments, it's by far impossible to do so. 

10 second games on c4 is cheatable too.
I would rather say that a 10 second game is unplayable lol

Madnessa, I never see you around anymore... :( where are you?
I don't know ... I seem to be getting worse at c4 - so I'm just not showing up ? :)
Eliten, fstal, Madnessa and all the others - please tell us that you still want to participate in the tour, do so by using our Forum. Somewhen in June the tournament is going to  take place, and it is not far until then. And register on Deivlplay please, there is a group for the tournament. Thx
Madnessa,

maybe you are getting worse because you play less...:|
I can't say for sure that I will be able to play. I have to clean out my apartment and move the stuff back to my dad's place in the end of may. Then I'll probably stay at my dad's place for some while... 
Nameless

Maybe I got worse and then stopped in order to not make a laugh of myself? :p
:O thats so selfish!

Maybe you dont want to make a laugh of yourself, but WE sure want to :p
Sure, sure ;) 
 - You're so.... uhm.... nice? :p
ah...I'm gonna be honest...
I miss your *kicks*...:|
fine - you give me no other choice... 
 - I will have to track you down now? :p 
Or you could try tracking me down? ;) ! Paha.. :p - When were you going to have Messenger anyways?
And Tom, Why do I never see you on Devilplay? ;-)
Madnessa,

I'm from the Stone Age, from a time where the animals could still talk, a time of witches and wizards, a time were there were no mobil phones, no internet, no hot water (:O), so Messenger...is not really my cup of tea ;)
(allthough I have it...only never use it...)

Phil,

lately I don't play that much anymore, and if I play it's on my "homebase" FoD. But...I have an account on Devilplay, so don't worry, I'll show up there as well ;)
Nameless
If you think I'm hard to find, then add my messenger :p - then you will at least have some sort of contact, eh? ;)

corpus-idiotus@hotmail.com (no, it's not fake)
corpus-idiotus@hotmail.com? lol :D

And I have to take you serious...? ;)
You don't like the smell of it, then don't add it? xD