« Back to All Topics
Suggestions on possible additional weapons to add to Tanx
Posted in 
Tanx
Posted in 
Tanx
is there a personal e-mail I can use to e-mail the creators of Tanx on my suggestion?

[of course with these changes the ammo count on the other weapons will have to be reduced)

1. possibly 150 rounds of an extremely light-damage machine gun addition that has a slight delay upon starting firing (with one of those generator sounds when you are about to begin firing), and when you stop firing there is a slightly longer delay/cooling time (with the sound of the generator dying down. The bullets take some time traveling before being able to hit its target (this machine gun weapon would also be very useful in countering other weapons, and the delay before firing won't make it overly effective in countering weapons that it would ruin the game)

and/or

2. 5 rounds of a light damage mortar weapon (maybe just switch this with the grenade so that there would only be 4 weapons instead of 5 upon these additions? (perhaps around or slightly less than the damage of a grenade, with a charge time around that of a grenade), the top part of the tank would slide backwards and the mortar would shoot out as part of the animation. The mortar will shoot straight up higher in the air than a grenade and then come straight down (this would be useful for getting up at hard-to-reach targets from below the cliffs in the "Desert map")

3. also might i suggest adding names next to the small dots on the radar (the names would be transparent of course to avoid congestion, or perhaps if this can't work and would congest the radar then might i suggest abbreviatd names or being able to hover your mouse pointer over the dots in order to reveal the names)

4. also, might i also suggest being able to switch between weapons with shortcut keys? (perhaps being able to set your own shortcut keys to whatever you want, say for instance the # keys)
5. also, might i suggest being able to set your own shortcut keys to all of the important buttons/functions.

6. full-screen mode

7. having extremely abbreviated names for not just the players but also the weapons shooting out and the items in the radar, and being able to hover your mouse over the dots to reveal the full names
not to be rude but those ideas were already spoken of... people say ideas and flyordie never listens
perhaps you can add strategy by making it so that you can see the other person's HP bar next to their names as well as how many of each weapons they have left (this latter one you can do by hovering your mouse over them).

and also make it so that more people can play on a single map or make the maps slightly bigger to incorporate more people.

include large patches of invincible bushes that can't be blown apart merely to obscure the view (you can shoot through the bushes and hide in them for strategy), or include foggy areas and such, include regenerating trees that can be blown apart and invincible rocks that can't be blown apart to block the view and shots and stuff like that, and make it so that tanks that have recently died are in flames for a short while that drain your HP when you touch them, or make pools of water that regenerate your HP/armor or even weapons/shield/front guard slowly slowly (more on shield and front guard below)

you should make a shield that regenerates very slowly by itself and have extra items that also boost your shield's capacity or instantly replenish shield.

front guard is a new system that allows for players to...with a certain amount of mana (more on mana below) put up an semi-invincible guard (can be broken if taken enough damage) on the front of their tank for a brief glimpse of a duration

also include a new system called mana (it takes mana to use grenades/mortars/front guard (mana also replenishes slowly over time).

you should make tanks move slightly faster

maybe make it so that you can include a snipe/zoom function for the nuke or the mortar (this new function weapon allows you to zoom in, but it is hard to control because it shakes all over the place. for the mortar this would work by zooming to where you want to aim then launching the mortar).

i don't think you should put in a brief invincibility period after you respawn, because camping is always part of strategy.
NOTE TO MODERATORS: THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT FROM MY OTHER POST, PLEASE DELETE THE OTHER ONE AND ADD THIS ONE INSTEAD BECAUSE THIS ONE HAS UPDATED INFORMATION

perhaps you can add strategy by making it so that you can see the other person's HP bar next to their names as well as how many of each weapons they have left (this latter one you can do by hovering your mouse over them).

and also make it so that more people can play on a single map or make the maps slightly bigger to incorporate more people.

include large patches of invincible bushes that can't be blown apart merely to obscure the view (you can shoot through the bushes and hide in them for strategy), or include foggy areas and such, include regenerating trees that can be blown apart and invincible rocks that can't be blown apart to block the view and shots and stuff like that, and make it so that tanks that have recently died are in flames for a short while that drain your HP when you touch them, or add in teleporters that teleport you from one teleport to another (of course if someone's guarding the teleport just kill him directly without going into the teleporter), or make pools of water that regenerate your HP/armor or even weapons/shield/front guard slowly (more on shield and front guard below)(guarding the pool strategy anyone?) 

you should make a shield that regenerates very slowly by itself and have extra items that also boost your shield's capacity or instantly replenish shield. (you enter the game with 1/3 shield and u have to wait for your shield to charge up or whatever u choose.

front guard is a new system that allows for players to...with a certain amount of mana (more on mana below) put up an semi-invincible guard (can be broken if taken enough damage) on the front of their tank for a brief glimpse of a duration

also include a new system called mana/energy/plasma or whatever you'd like to call it (it takes mana to use grenades/mortars/front guard (mana also replenishes slowly over time). (you enter the game with 1/3 mana to limit the usage of grenades/mortars until your mana charges up or whatever u choose)

you should make tanks move slightly faster

maybe make it so that you can include a snipe/zoom function for the nuke or the mortar (this new function weapon allows you to zoom in, but it is hard to control because it shakes all over the place. for the mortar this would work by zooming to where you want to aim then launching the mortar).

i don't think you should put in a brief invincibility period after you respawn, because camping is always part of strategy.
(currently the grenades have no limit on them and it’s no fun because you can just shoot grenades at each other from like 100 miles away and the entire game becomes a grenade sniping chase with whoever with the emphasis on getting the other guy first with grenades from an insanely long distance in a duel, so restricting the use of grenades by requiring the consumption of mana as stated in my above post is a very good idea to limit the grenade’s range and distance)
Seen loads of these posts before all i can say now is easier said then done!